Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fear of the Dark [M]

Started by Lion, April 29, 2016, 12:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

The bite she left made Decebal quiver over her and he relaxed his form over hers. He was flush with heat and sweating from their rutting.
"Gods," he panted, kissing her neck and shoulder.  "It's been....a while."  He chuckled before shifting off of her and to the side, brushing a hand along her cheek.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

The vampire was panting lightly as she turned onto her side to face him, stroking his arm absently. She leaned into the touch to her cheek, twisting her head to kiss his palm.

"I...know what you mean," she murmured with a small smile. Her cheeks were flushed a rosy pink and her normally chill skin was actually warm to the touch.

Lion

"I feel so strange," he said.  "Do you feel strange? I mean... like...relieved. Even if it's just for now.  I haven't felt peace in a long time.  Thank you."

He smiled gently and brushed his thumb along the underside of her lips.  "You're beautiful. I don't know how anyone could attempt to crush you who you were. You don't deserve that."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

The faint blush dusting her cheeks burned hotter and she ducked her eyes. Absently, she tilted her head to press a kiss to the pad of his thumb.

"Thank you," she murmured, not quite sure what else to say. A little hesitantly, she reached out to lay her hand on his arm, wanting to extend the contact between them. "I...think I know what you mean. About...feeling relieved."

Lion

He smiled, chuckling at her awkwardness.  And his to mostly. "When most women look at me, they see my arm...and see a monster," he said gently. "I don't blame them. I see one too. But, it does make for a rather lonely existence."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Gwen frowned. Silently, she reached out and took his inhuman hand with hers, drawing it closer to press a small kiss to his knuckles.

"You're not a monster," she said firmly but quietly. "I know monsters, and you aren't one." She kissed his wrist, feeling his pulse but for once not tempted to bite.

Lion

The soft gentle touches brought chills to Decebal's skin and he got goosebumps the more she touched him and he leaned into her touch.  Decebal twisted his neck, craning his face in to kiss her softly.

"You're not either.  You're definitely not what I expected....  I like you Gwen...I really do.  I never thought we'd end up like this though."  He grinned, not disappointed in the slightest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She chuckled quietly and returned the kiss softly. "Can't say I was exactly expecting this either," she murmured, scarlet eyes glinting as she snuggled a little closer.

She knew they would have to move soon, but for now she would take advantage of the closeness.

Lion

Decebal relished that quiet moment and pulled away when they had to go. Lingering here any longer would just make it harder to leave.  Tom was waiting for them once they were dressed and ready to go.

Tom gestured for them to get their horse and Tilly followed them out.  "You better take care dears," Tilly said and pulled Gwen into a tight embrace.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Feeling a little awkward considering what had just happened, Gwen gave Tilly a small pat on the back and her best approximation of a smile.

"Thank you for all your help," she said sincerely as she stepped back to Decebal's side again.

Lion

Tilly also pulled Decebal into a firm hug and gave the demon hunter a kiss on the cheek and pulled Janir from the stables with an apple in hand. The horse munched on it here and there, while she was saddled and mounted.

"Be safe. And keep my Tom safe, won't you?" she said, and turned to her hound, where she hugged him too, and promptly slapped him so that he was wider awake in that cool evening.

Tom nodded to Tilly and kissed her cheek.  Soon they were off, Decebal guiding Janir by the reins and letting Tom lead the way. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Gwen winced and growled at the slap, but she mounted Janir silently and pulled Decebal up behind her once they were on their way.

She kept glancing toward the eastern horizon, getting edgier and edgier as the night ticked by.

Lion

"What's wrong?" Decebal murmured, noticing her fidgeting. "You feeling on edge?"

Decebal shared the sensation although he didn't voice it. Not right away. "You worried about Tom?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She sighed and admitted, "A little." Another glance skyward. "I'm also kinda worried about finding shelter before dawn..."

Lion

"We'll be okay," Decebal replied. "I believe we can make shelter as needed. But Tom... I think he has a few scores to settle. I really don't think we have to worry about him."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

She grumbled a halfhearted affirmative and flicked her eyes to the wolf again, then away with a soft sigh. "Well, it's not as though we can send him back," she murmured, frowning slightly.

Lion

"You're concerned for his safety then?" Decebal countered curiously. "I don't think he'll allow himself to get into anymore danger than he has to for our sake. Even if he has a score to settle, he doesn't strike me as the kind of wolf that would let himself simply be murdered."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Gwen sighed and nodded. "Yeah. I know, I just..." She huffed and glanced away. "I hate dragging people into this with me."

Decebal was bad enough- though to be fair, he hadn't so much been dragged as he had...jumped into the middle.

Tags: