Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Talthael's Journal

Started by Darion, June 07, 2016, 08:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darion

Day twenty four, Mercia

The builders have finished erecting the city walls, they're made of squared off wood arranged into a palisade, but it'll have to do for now. In the event we're attacked, it should make it harder to cause significant casualties. Once we build up our building force, we'll begin to convert the walls to stone. So far the nearby river hasn't caused us any issues and allows us to trade with the odd traveler who happens to be drifting by.

Although the small stand of trees nearby concerns me, I've been getting reports of some sort of..beast, snatching up the odd villager or two if they wander nearby. I'm planning on heading into the forest in three days to root out the cause of this disturbance. In better news, we've began to pave the main road, and several houses are built each day. In no time, we'll have the population of a large village.

Day Twenty five, Mercia

Another villager has disappeared, this is starting to become a problem. I've already sharpened my sword, I'm setting out tomorrow in order to kill whatever it is that's causing such a disturbance. We can't afford to lose a significant amount of villagers or warriors.

We're a small group as it is, thankfully, the farmers have set out and already have plots of land irrigated from the nearby river. They should be yielding the harvest later in the year. We might just survive this independence thing. Hopefully we get some newcomers. I can't continue administrating everything alone.

Darion

Day Twenty six, Forest outside of Mercia

I've finally tracked down what's been taking the villagers. It's a large bear, much larger than normal. I'm not sure if it's of magic origin or of some other ungodly power. Long story short, I have armor, a large sword, a minor magical spell, and the muscles to beat this bear into orbit. That animal is going to pay dearly for what he's done. If I don't return..what am I saying, it's a bear, how hard can this be!

Day Twenty Seven, main road to Uthlyn

Well, the bear managed to dent my armor and dull my sword. In the end, he was turned into last nights dinner. To top it off, I've gotten a lead on some people looking for work in Uthlyn. I'm headed there to see who I can recruit, hopefully they'll realize that Connlaoth is a failing state. If nothing goes wrong, I should reach the city in two days. Apparently it's a city of art and learning. Never had much use for the latter and as for learning, I know all I need to. Thanks to that crusty old drill sergeant, may the gods watch over his rest, from the Connlaoth military academy. Now then, I just need to take a small rest to repair my armor and resharpen my sword.

Tags: