Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Blood and Scales [DragonSong]

Started by Fukurou, June 09, 2016, 09:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fukurou

"I see." Rylzyr nodded. He pushed himself off the ground and extended a hand to Ally. "Can you stand? I'd like to continue this over some tea at my place. Plus, you appear to be around my apprentice's size. Perhaps she can lend you some clothes."

DragonSong

"Th-thanks." Shakily, she took his hand and got to her feet, swaying as she adjusted to her new center of gravity. "Whoa." She blinked, then laughed sheepishly, "Gosh, I didn't realize how much my tail affected my balance."

Fukurou

Zaryn chuckled as he made his way toward Ally. "Well if you need any help walking, sweetheart, you can lean on one of us."

DragonSong

Another grateful little smile and a murmured, "Thanks." Ally took a few hesitant steps and added with a bit of determination, "I think I can walk."

Fukurou

Zaryn chuckled as the group turned and headed back in the direction of Rylzyr's house, leaving the dusty gray alchemy circle dead in the bright green grass of the garden. They made their way through the empty cobblestone streets, their shadows dancing as the lights of the lamps blanketed the city in their soft glow. As they came to a charming two-story stone house, Rylzyr ducked into the house, followed by Zaryn and Ally. The mage led the two through a dark hallway and into a large room decorated with colorful tapestries and a matching rug. On one end of the room, in front of a large stone arch that led to the kitchen, stood a long table and eight matching chairs. On the opposite side there was a rocking chair which faced the sizable fireplace and two large bookcases. Books and scrolls lined the room and engulfed the table completely.

"Wow," Zaryn said as he walked towards the fireplace. He stuck his hands out and felt as the warmth of the fire tickled his skin. "I like what you've done with the place." He turned to meet his cousin, jealousy painting his electric blue eyes. "Money sure does come in handy, doesn't it, cousin?"

"There's more to life than just money, Zaryn," Rylzyr said. He pulled out a table and gestured for Ally to take a seat. "Please, my dear, make yourself at home. I'll call on my apprentice." And with that, the mage exited the room.

"So," Zaryn turned to the woman, a smirk cracking across his face. "No dragon yet. That's a good sign. Wouldn't it be funny if you turned inside Ryl's house? Hah. The look on his face..."

DragonSong

She more or less collapsed into the chair, too exhausted to do much else.

Ally gave him a weak smile. "Don't joke," she murmured. "We still don't know how permanent this is..."

Fukurou

"Aw, don't be so grim." A reassuring smile appeared across Zaryn's face. "I'm sure it's fine and if it isn't, we'll figure something out."

DragonSong

Ally curled her legs up under her body and nodded at him with a small smile. "Thank you, really," she murmured. "You and you're cousin both. You've done so much to help me, I don't know how to pay you back."

Fukurou

"I got to get out of Essyrn for the first time in years," Zaryn said with a genuine smile. "Even made a new friend. That's good enough for me, darling."

DragonSong

Her smile grew a bit and she nodded again. "Well, if there's anything I can ever do for you, don't hesitate to ask," she told him.

Fukurou

"Sure thing, sweetheart," the warrior said with a wink.

Just a moment later, Rylzyr ducked into the room closely followed by a small Wood Elf girl. She examined Ally with narrowed emerald eyes and turned to Rylzyr. "Is this the dragon lady," she asked.

Rylzyr glared at the girl and crossed his arms. "Don't be rude," he said before turning back to Ally. "This is my apprentice, Bryn. You may follow her up to her room and borrow some clothes from her if you wish.

DragonSong

She chuckled quietly at the girl and nodded, getting shakily to her feet. "More lady than dragon for now, hopefully," she murmured with a small smile.

Fukurou

"Let's hope so," Bryn said as a wide smile spread across her face. Gesturing for Ally to follow, she turned and walked from the room. They walked up a narrow set of stairs, through another hallway, and into the far door on the left. The room was illuminated with the soft glow of the candles. It was a cozy little area, with a soft bed topped with a colorful quilt opposing a large oak armoire. Bryn dug through the armoire and fished out a simple cream tunic and brown trousers. With a contemplative frown, she held it up to Ally.

"I think this will work," she said as she handed her the clothes. "I mean, it might be a little small, but it's better than an over-sized coat. You can change in here. I'll wait outside." With a small smile and a slight bow, the wood elf scurried out of the room.

DragonSong

"Thank you." Ally took the clothes and changed rather slowly, glancing around the room.

This was the longest she'd been human in a year- it felt a little strange.

Once dressed, she moved to leave the room. "Um...I'm presentable."

Fukurou

"Okidoki!"

Bryn led the two down the stairs an back into the living room. Zaryn and Rylzyr sat next to each other at the table, talking rather amicably in their native tongue as they sipped from cups of steaming hot tea. As they saw Ally enter the room, the two of them gave her a warm smile and Rylzyr gestured for her it sit opposite of him.

"I'm sure Bryn's clothes are much more comfortable than my jacket," Rylzyr said. "Would you care for some tea?"

DragonSong

"That would be lovely, thank you." Ally smiled and took a seat cautiously. She gave Bryn a grateful look and added, "Yes. It's nice to be able to wear clothes again."

She shifted a bit, then added with a small chuckle, "Though I still seem to be missing my wings and tail a bit."

Fukurou

"Quite understandable," Rylzyr chuckled. "Bryn,"he turned to his apprentice. "Would you mind fetching a cup of tea for our guest?"

The Wood Elf nodded her head and ducked into the kitchen, returning a minute later with a warm cup of chamomile tea. She set the steaming cup in front of Ally and wordlessly scampered from the room.

"Well," the mage said as he opened his leather book and. With quill in hand, he examined Ally's face with his keen eyes. "If you don't mind, I would like to go over a few things before you leave. First, how are you feeling? Any changes?"

DragonSong

"Well, the adjustment is...odd," she said after a moment, sipping at her tea. "But I think I feel...mostly like myself. Albeit very tired," she added with a laugh.

Fukurou

"We'll make this quick," the mage said as he scratched away in his book. "I suggest you keep a journal on any changes that you notice, even small ones. Be sure to include anything you think may have triggered it. That way, if you were to turn back into a dragon you would have something to work off of."

DragonSong

"Yes, that's a good idea." Ally scrubbed her hands down her face, then offered a rather shaky sort of smile. "I- I truly am grateful for everything you've done, and I don't want to seem rude, but... I haven't seen my family in over six months, and I'm truly exhausted..."