Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Little Bird Told Me [Archive]

Started by DragonSong, June 27, 2016, 04:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

@HiddenBlade

She'd never liked small spaces. So how she'd ended up curled up, crammed under the floor of a covered wagon full of- she honestly didn't know what, even Tara herself wasn't entirely sure. All she knew was she had a full day of this caravan's travel before she could risk getting out to stretch her legs and feel slightly less suffocated.

Great.

Come on, girl, suck it up, she told herself, resisting the urge to shift around (because she simply didn't have room). This particular trade caravan was only supposed to be on a five day journey. Just five days of stowing away. She could to that.

It was going to be worth it. Her informant had assured her the people she'd been tracking for the better part of a year were in Connlaoth, so that's where she needed to go- and this was the fastest, safest way to get there.

One of the wheels must have hit a rock, because the wagon suddenly lurched sideways, slamming her against what felt like three different walls.

Fast and safe. Not comfortable, but fast and safe. She had to keep telling herself that.

She only hoped no one had heard her banging about in the bottom of the wagon.

thehiddenbeast13

Luckily for the girl, the banging went unnoticed. The man driving the cart could honestly care less, it wasn't like he had anything delicate in there. It was mostly just weaponry and a few sets of armor.

After what seemed to be an eternity for her, the cart stopped. The man got out and was greeted by a elf wearing the same old cloak he owned for who knew how long at this point. The two exchanged formalities before the elf approached the cart. He reached for a simple sword that rested on the top before hold out a finger. He gave the blade a quick swipe across his finger and winced as it sliced his finger slightly. Good quality. He tossed the blade to the side and began to take inventory of what had been brought. That's when he started to remove box after box until he finally caught sight of the girl. A smile fell onto the elf's face as he unsheathed his blade.

"A gift for me? You shouldn't have." he said in a cold voice as he suddenly yanked the girl out and kept the curved blade around her neck. "Nice and easy" he commanded as he carefully pulled the girl out of the wagon. "You better have one hell of an excuse as to why you tried to stowaway on one of my shipments. Well?"

DragonSong

Well.

Fuck.

Tara was smart enough not to struggle- there were two of them and one of her, and the elf had a blade to her throat.

So she went for charm. A smile spreading across her face, she widened her eyes and batted her lashed, giving a delicate little shrug. "I needed a ride." She looked between the two men, trying to seem unperturbed by the knife at her throat. "C'mon, boys, surely we can just talk about this?"

thehiddenbeast13

Robin smiled as the woman seemed to be trying to use her charm to try and make a run for it.

"I'm afraid that won't work my dear. Now, answer the question: why were you hiding out in one of my shipments?" he persisted as he pressed the blade further into her neck.

Right now, Robin was not in the mood to deal with a stowaway. Especially, if she kept acting as dumb as she looked. If she valued her life, this girl had best answer Robin's question truthfully and quickly.

DragonSong

Her eyes hardened. "I just told you. I needed a ride." She hissed as the blade cut lightly into her neck. "I need to get to Connlaoth."

thehiddenbeast13

Robin glanced at the woman for a bit before slowly sheathing his sword. He pushed her away with the same glare.

"Well you're not in Connlaoth. You're at the Kilanthro mountains. Have fun walking." he said with a cold tone. He crossed his arms as he went back to talking with the man driving the cart, obviously a bit upset as to how easily someone had gotten in his shipment.

DragonSong

Tara glared at him, rubbing her throat. "Oh, like hell," she grumbled.

"Look." She tapped the elf's shoulder. "I need a ride. I'm on a bit of a schedule here, and a little bird told me your shipments are usually the fastest. What if we made a deal?"

thehiddenbeast13

Robin returned the glare as he laughed at her attempts to make demands of him. "And why should I even consider a deal with you?" he asked with both arms still crossed. That was when he began to walk towards her. He got right up in her face and asked once more "Well? Go ahead, amuse me before I send you away."

DragonSong

She tossed her hair back and tried to straighten herself up to make herself a little taller. "I can bring in coin," she answered quickly. "I'm a bard. A good one. Let me ride with you to Connlaoth, and I promise every place you stop I can guarantee you at least fifteen silvers in a night."

Her eyes flicked up and down and her lips curved up on one side. "Or, if that doesn't interest you..." She leaned artfully back against the wagon so her blouse was tugged tight around her curves, dipping low over her chest. "I'm sure we could come to some...other arrangement?"

Tara had never been above doing whatever it took to reach her goals. Today wasn't going to be a change.

thehiddenbeast13

Robin watched the woman's desperate attempts to try and get him to take her. He laughed as she basically threw herself at him.

"Alright, you've caught my interests. No need to throw yourself at me for the second time. I'll let you accompany me." he said as he slowly walked over to his shipment. He was already prying open boxes to make sure everything had made it in one piece.

Once he was done with his inspection, Robin loaded up on what he planned to sell and told the carrier to return the rest. He then went over to a large stallion and gave it a pat on his head. He then proceed to hitch it up to a large cart that was already filled with many things like pots and helmets before adding more from the shipment he had just gotten.

After that was taken care of, Robin mounted the large horse and patted the area behind him. "Hurry up and get on if you're going to come with me. Just remember our deal." he stated rather bluntly as he waited rather impatiently.

DragonSong

Tara nodded quickly and gave him a jaunty mock salute. "Yessir, sir."

With the easy grace of long practice, she adjusted her bow and lyre across her back, then swung up onto the horse behind him, easily shifting forward to wrap her arms around his middle and situate herself in the saddle.

thehiddenbeast13

Once the woman had safely secured herself onto the horse, Robin clicked its sides with his heels and made a short snapping sound with his mouth before the horse started moving. It was actually going at a brisk pace and this was only because he had spent a good while dealing with their new partner. Robin looked back at the woman as he finally decided to make some short talk with her.

"So," said Robin as he began to look the at the woman a bit closer "Why is it that you need to get to Connlaoth? What's your name anyways?"

DragonSong

She sniffed, looking away as he started scrutinizing her. "Tara," she responded briskly. "And I really don't see how that's any of you're business. All you need to know is I'm paying you, right?" She flashed him a charming grin that was completely at odds with her icy tone.

thehiddenbeast13

Robin nodded as the woman introduced herself as Tara. When she started to have a bit of an attitude with him, Robin simply chuckled. "I suppose you have a point," he responded as he turned his view back to the path ahead of them "but I'd still like to know what exactly it is that I'm getting into."

DragonSong

"You're not getting into anything. Just take me to Connloath and I'll be out of your hair," Tara replied easily.

thehiddenbeast13

"Oh on the contrary my dear," Robin grinned at Tara. "I'm sure you'll need a ride back, yes? I'd be happy to oblige but only if you tell me what it is you're doing. If I have to harbor a criminal so be it, as long as you keep your end of the deal I could care less you slit the throats and men and women alike." Robin didn't seemed phased at all by her attempts at privacy, it was a long ride and Robin was sure he could get some info.

DragonSong

Tara gave him a very dry look. "Who says I'll be coming back?" she said with an arched eyebrow. "You presume much, Mister...?" She trailed off pointedly- he hadn't yet given her his name.

thehiddenbeast13

"Abbado," he said rather bluntly "Robin Abbado." He grinned as he spurred the horse on a little more since it seemed to be slowing down just a tad before stating, "Well who says you'll be staying?" as he kept his eyes on the road ahead. He wanted to make sure that his goods made it in one piece just like they always had. This time, would be no different even if he had a guest with him.

DragonSong

"I say," she replied with easy confidence. "You're giving me a lift, Mister Abbado. Doesn't mean you own me."

thehiddenbeast13

"I wasn't implying that I did." Robin said with an impish grin. "I'm just saying that if you do anything...bad I wouldn't recommend staying." he followed up. He was starting to like Tara, this usual trip just got a little less boring.