Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Clash Of Blades (Klez)

Started by Brisinger987, July 27, 2016, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

As Khadys stepped down from his horse, he scowled through his helmet at the townspeople. He hated people, he hated company, he hated guards. So when guards, and people made themselves his company, he was incredibly disgruntled.

After a few minutes, he finally let loose a booming command.

"I HAVE NO WARES, NOW LEAVE ME ALONE YOU PATHETIC PEOPLE BEFORE I CUT YOU TO PIECES." The townspeople backed off as Khadys drew his sword, the enchanted blade smoking and steaming with dark magic. The guards however, did not back off. They drew their blades with him, and the confrontation appeared to halt for a second as Khadys critiqued his opponents.

Then as his blade flickered to life, swords clattered to the ground as the men were disarmed. "Do not test me guards. I don't fancy your chances." He sheathed his blade and absconded into the town, sighing as he examined his Dark Prism.

"I am starting to feel weary and aged again... Soon my sweet. Soon..."

Klezmer Gryphon

((I'm assuming in this post Emese was further in the town and didn't hear or see the commotion Khadys had caused earlier.))

It was unusual for Emese to be in town any time before the late afternoon as she was usually out training or hunting, but as any good user of the sword knew, a dull blade is not something to shrug off. So, a few coins and an hour later, the silver vixen sat on a bench on the inn's front porch, admiring the edge of her newly sharpened spatha.

Without a thought, her eyes shifted to the road as the sound of hooves on cobblestone signaled the sound of a new arrival, soon finding the object of her curiosity. He was a tall figure, clad in dark plate armor with spiked pauldrons and a long cape. To most, he would be an intimidating figure, especially with the blade hanging from his hip. To Emese, he seemed like a poser.

Feeling she had nothing better to do, she took the flat of her sword and used it like a mirror, reflecting the light towards the helmet this guy was wearing. While seemingly just an annoying trick, anyone who knew Emese knew it was her way of silently getting someone's attention from afar... Not that Mr. Spiked Armor would know that.

Brisinger987

As the light shined in the dark elf's eyes, he snarled, moving his horse right in front of Emese. Sadly, the dark elf wasn't built for the light like most, and even the normal sunlight did horrors on his eyes. The glare from the sword only made matters worse, and riled his already foul temper.

"Enough with that you stupid girl! This helmet has lenses for a reason, and I do not appreciate you shining light in my eye like an attention craving child. Do it again, and you will learn the real meaning of pain." He stepped down off his horse in an attempt to intimidate her. He disliked her at this point, not seeing her as anything else other than a silly girl with a shiny sword.

He headed for the blade smith's, aiming to sharpen his own sword, as the edge had been dulled by his last victim. When he came out, he half expected the girl to be there again, shining the sword in the eyes of more people. He was ready to spew out any number of elvish insults, or even insults in his native tongue, which surprisingly wasn't drow, but the elvish spoken by wood elves and dryads not too far west of here.

Klezmer Gryphon

Emese merely smirked when the man in armor showed his temper. She was not afraid of this fellow, and his stepping down from his horse only made him look more like a poser. As he spoke though, something made her ears stand up. Did she hear a western elvish accent in his speech?

The vixen watched as this armored figure trudged into the blacksmith. Maybe good ol' Halroth with sharpen this fellow's wits while he's there she thought. Sheathing her blade, Emese got up from her seat on the bench and walked over to the smithy, leaning against wall next to the door. As the armored figure emerged from the shop, a smirk up the corners of Emese's lips.

"Ðærasz axhacin-egyar çarakai-gyuil xhto." she quipped, speaking a dialect of her native language that was similar to Elvish.

((Translation: Your temper is split by a dull axe))

Brisinger987

Khadys would've carried on walking, but the insult reached his ears and he growled, turning back to Emese. He stalked up to her silently, and in the tongue of the drow, spoke back at her. His anger showed that whatever she had said translated somewhat worse than she might have intended.

"Lu'dos ph'l'isilme galla ulu blot doeb l'sssiks." His words might not by understood by her, as it differed wildly from the elvish spoken by surface dwellers, but it was one of the few phrases he knew in drow, and by elvish standard, it was an insult on her pride.

As he turned, presuming he had adequately insulted her and that there would be no further exchange, he turned, letting his cape whip her as he did so. The cape itself was interesting. Cracked red skin seemed to ripple even when the cape was still, and faces seemed to form on the surface briefly, their agonised expressions crying out until the cape rippled them from existence.

((Translation: "And you are the moonlight trying to blot out the sun." It's particularly insulting because Dark Elves live underground, and rarely experience anything other than low-level glowing fungus xD And Drow can see without lenses in the moonlight, so it's even worse))