Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Demonic Intervention. [open!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 04, 2016, 04:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalak8538

(I guess the man with the bear is gone?)

The Dreamlord could not help but to recoil a bit from this atypical mortal. There was something here that was not present in most others that the Dreamlod came across.

As Faustus spoke, something came about. It was an illusion, summoned perhaps subconsciously by the tricksy deity. It was a falsified landscape, seen only by those two. This landscape was not created by the Dreamlord, but by Faustus. It was a scene of Hell, created from memories of he who would speak in such a way to the master of dreams.

The smile waned from his normally-jovial face. Looking at the scene unfolding around him, the Dreamlord experienced a feeling he felt only rarely. It was... pity. No mortal should have had to see this... to experience it. At least, not yet...

The dreamlord let out a sigh.

"You will try..." he said flatly.

With a snap of his fingers, everything returned to normal. The nighttime forest was still and quiet as it had been for centuries before. The Dreamlord was gone. Simonea was gone. There were no longer any remnants of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dreamlord formed again beside Simonea, keeping pace with the retreating woman by hovering sideways through the air. He had bought enough time for her to put considerable distance between herself and the man.

"There we are! Good to see you took my advice..."

There was something the deity was able to detect on the woman: a hint of doubt. She had apparently heard his words, and was somewhat contemplating her worth. At least there was one mortal who was still typical...

You had to see it

After he had finished threatening what appeared to be some sort of deity, he looked around to notice the dramatic shift in his surroundings. He knew the location very well as he had been there more times then he could count. He was back in Hell. While one could never really grow comfortable with seeing the underworld, Faustus had grown desensitized at the very least. The sight was as horrifying as ever but Faustus was more confused then anything. Why would the Dreamlord show him this? After all it wasn't quite as intimidating as it was when he first witnessed its nightmarish landscapes. The Dreamland then dropped his jovial attitude looking... pitying. It took all Faustus had not to lash out against the entity. How dare he, he who had not worked a single day for his position, he who had never knew real pain or sacrifice, he who had the power to change the world yet only operated as a trickster.

Then he was gone, and everything reverted to normal.

When the Dreamlord Disappeared Faustus acted quickly, moving his hands and muttering to himself in lower abyssal. A cloud of black smoke appeared taking the form of an imp.

The cloud started, in a rather bored tone, "Yes master Faustus, ho-

"I going to need my usual entourage here as quickly as possible, afterwords you need to go down to the dungeons and ask Temporus what he knows about the Dreamlord." Said Faustus, his tone clearly indicated unusual anger for a man who attempted to keep himself as cold as possible.

Now sounding a bit flushed the cloud responded, "Uh-of course master, if I may inquire what has happened that wou-"

"No you may not." Faustus interrupted, and the cloud dissipated with a hand gesture.

Rhindeer

Simonea jolted slightly when the Dreamlord manifested beside her, but relaxed again when she registered it was him. With a small smile, she shrugged.

"I'm no fool. When a powerful entity tells me to run, I run," she said lightly. Not just any powerful entity, but one that reigned over the realm she was a mere servant of.

She tossed a backward glance over her shoulder. She had put distance between herself and Faustus, but that was all assuming he hadn't decided to follow.

"What happened back there? Where is the man?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa