Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A New Dawn, A New Day <JackieCat>

Started by Blink, August 28, 2016, 05:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Nashya thought about how best to respond. "I guess you could say that we all have our secrets". She looked into his eyes. They really were quite beautiful to her. "That feeling of losing yourself... I know it all too well."

In an attempt to not let out too much information she diverted her attention to where she liked to set up her fire. Should be simple enough to start since the materials were all still there. She reached for her bag and dug out a piece of flint. Kneeling down beside the half charred wood she struck the flint with one of her daggers, creating a spark... then fire.

JackieCat

Faelis didn't push her for more information, but he gave some of his own.  "That wasn't the worst of it," he said.  "That was a random outburst, I could have handled the situation without. . . going there. . . but something happened.  I usually only do that when I'm already in a fight, or if I feel extremely threatened.  That shouldn't have happened then, but it does happen randomly sometimes."

He shook his head and sighed. "Usually it's worse than that. . . This time I was able to come out of it after the fight, but sometimes I can't, and I have to let it run its course."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blink

She added her own thoughts to what he had said. "And when its all over you look at the person you had become and regret everything? You wander how you could be so cruel, mean and heartless. How when you are like that you could hurt even the person closest to you?" she didn't know why she made it sound like a question. She knew the answer... she knew how it felt.

Reliving the thoughts started to stir something within her. "He knows too much... do something" the dark voice in her head torted. Just as she would if she were alone she took one of her daggers and ran the blade across her palm, causing a burn on her hand but relief in her mind.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded at her words, but his eyes widened as she drew the knife across her hand.

"What are you doing?" he asked, concern and confusion in his voice, stepping towards her.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blink

She looked up at him with a dead look in her eyes. "Stopping the voices" she responded.

JackieCat

Faelis held her gaze.  "The voices?" he asked.  This young woman seemed to have a problem similar to his, but he didn't hear voices.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

With a blink the sparkle in her eyes returned. Wordless she reached for her pack to pull out some bandage to wrap her palm in and sat down in the sand. "The burn will be gone by morning" she said as she worked on wrapping it. "My daggers only have a little iron in them, enough to make it uncomfortable"

After finishing her hand she looked to him again. "I suppose if I don't explain myself now then you will spend your days thinking I am a crazy person." she sighed

"I was born with this curse, my parents always said it was a gift, but to me its a curse." as she explained she stared into the fire, the light of it creating a warm glow.

"This fire.... you see how beautiful the flames are, how magnificently powerful it is. How it burns..."
she shifted her gaze to him "I am nothing like this fire. The fire is magnificent in its own right and its power is beautiful, no matter how strong it grows its still beautiful." she lifted her other hand and held it out to her side, a shadow casting over it as the light of the fire could not reach it.

"I am the shadow, the unknown, the cold dark place. Nothing beautiful about it. When the light goes it consumes everything. It hungers for more darkness." she took in a deep breath.

"The voices like it when I get riled up. They take advantage of my heart and try to convince me to cast my shadow on everyone around me... but I won't. I would rather have pure iron shackles on my wrists, burning me, then allow them to control me."

She let out a sigh of relief as she finished her explanation. It would have been easier just to show him, but she would never willingly open the gates to her abilities... not unless it was life or death.

JackieCat

Faelis actually chuckled softly when she said he would think she's a crazy person.  "I've met enough crazy people in my life to know that you're not one, and if you are, it's not going to turn me away."

Then he listened silently to her explanation until she had finished.  "What are your abilities?" he asked.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya was comforted by his response and smiled. "Hard to explain. I've never let them go full force, and most certainly never tried to hone them, that would mean willingly using them."

Never had Nashya opened up to someone about what she could do. Ever since she saw him at the inn and what he did, she felt a sense of comfort, knowing he knew to an extent her pain.

"I can make people see things, believe they feel things... like I said. Cast a shadow of doubt on your mind" she shrugged "some people can see through it, some can't" she started fiddling with the buckles on her boots.

"The worst part is when I use them something else takes over, and I myself am stuck in a world of pain, fear, and illusions"

JackieCat

"That must be awful," Faelis said. "Have you tried to get help at all?  Gone to a mage and asked if they could remove your. . . curse?  I have a few times, but no one has been able to help me yet."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

She shook her head back and forth. "I have tried to seek out help a couple of times, with no luck either."

She sent Faelis a smile "It is so refreshing to meet someone who understands". She giggled at herself.

"It may seem that we met a bit of misfortune today, with those men trying something on us". Shyly she started fumbling with her boots again.

"But I think that...  that meeting you today was the luckiest thing that has happened to me in a long time."

She looked up her cheeks flush. "Still think I am not crazy?"

JackieCat

He smiled back at her, "I still think you're not crazy," he said, crouching next to the fire.  "Another question, if I may.  Are the voices always in your head, or only when you're stressed out or feeling a certain emotion?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya stopped fumbling with her boots, trying to think how best to answer the question.

"It's hard to say, some days I don't hear a peep, and others its as if no matter what I do they wont stop." she paused. "But they are always there when I am upset or feeling threatened".

She turned her attention "What about you?"

JackieCat

"Like I said, I don't hear voices, and I'm usually free of my 'dark side' unless I'm actually in it.  But it usually happens when I'm feeling threatened or in a fight, though it doesn't happen every time I fight.  The worst is when it happens randomly, and I just go into it.  It doesn't matter where I am, be it in a market square or a temple or a ruin, it just happens," then his mood seemed to lighten and he shrugged. "I never know when it could come, but I don't let myself worry about it, there's no use worrying if I can't do anything about it."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

" I try not to worry about it." she shrugged, the lightening mood he had spreading to her.

"So what now? Obviously, I cant stay here anymore. Come morning we have to make some kind of decision." she started giggling again

"Someone HAD to go and beat up the bad guys, I am sure they will hold a grudge since their masculinity now rests in the palms of your hands."

She made a motion with her hands, as if holding an imaginary object "Surely they will want their pride back" she joked.

JackieCat

"Probably," Faelis smiled. "But I don't think they'll get it.  I'm very good at evading people I don't want to meet, you know."

Indeed, all those years of running away from all the people who seemed to have it out for him, either because he stole from them or he worked with them and the outcome wasn't as they had hoped, made one quite adept at avoiding unwanted company.

"As for where to go," Faelis mused.  "I've traveled all over the world, and, if you want to leave Serendipity, I could guide you to another country?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

The thought of leaving her home country was a fright. Nashya had never left Serendipity, but she had  always dreamed of doing so. Maybe this was her time to finally see what else was in the world.

"You will have to make a deal with me if I go anywhere with you." her face was serious.

After a long pause she continued her statement. "The deal is I will put up with your crazy if you put up with mine" she held out her non-bandaged hand, very serious at the silly statement.

"We have to shake on it."

JackieCat

Faelis raised an eyebrow as she said they had to make a deal, but he nodded when she stated her terms.

"Of course," he said, taking her hand and shaking it. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Then he turned to look at the now dark sky. "We're leaving tomorrow?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Listening to his words filled her with joy. Immediately, a large smile was plastered on her face.
"I'm guessing so. So where are we headed?" she asked.

Today had turned out to be such a wonderful day for Nashya. Not only meeting someone who understood her, but meeting someone who gave her the courage to leave Serendipity.

JackieCat

"Wherever you want to go," Faelis said. "I don't mind where we go, I've been most places already.  We could go to Connlaoth, but they don't much like magic there, or perhaps Adela, lots of dragons, or we could sail to Thanatos or the Yoreiqi Isles."  He shrugged. "Like I said, wherever you want to go.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: