Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A New Dawn, A New Day <JackieCat>

Started by Blink, August 28, 2016, 05:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

"Not at all... " Nashya giggled "I would like to meet them one day... your family." she prodded "I would love a chance to tell them how magnificent you are". With that she skipped the rest of the way to the bread stand, holding a finger to her mouth as she tried to decide which one she wanted.

JackieCat

Faelis laughed.  "I'm sure they wouldn't believe you, they probably don't think very highly of me anymore."

He looked over the stand, choosing a cheese-stuffed bread and buying it.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blink

After taking a moment to decide Nashya picked a simple rye bread. She paid for her purchase and held the warm bread in her hands. She took a moment to savor the smell of the freshly baked parcel. "Well then shame on them" she mumbled, breaking a small bit off and shoving it into her mouth. "Mmmmmm". A smile spread across her face as the warm bit slid down her throat.

She walked with him, making small talk as they approached the boat that would take them on their journey. "So tell me more about yourself Faelis. What makes you tick? What do you like to do?" Nashya prodded for information, having not really had an opportunity to ask these simple questions.

JackieCat

"I'm a traveler," Faelis said, but she already knew that. "A treasure hunter, sometimes I take mercenary jobs, or do random other tasks for people, sometimes I go exploring, just a general adventurer, and I love it, there isn't anything I'd rather be doing with my life."

This was all true, he just left out his main job, a thief.  This was what he told everybody, and if, after he had known them for a while, he thought he could ell them, he would, but often he would meet people and they would go their separate ways before they found out or he told them.

"What about you?" he asked Nashya. "What do you like to do?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blink

She shrugged, taking in another bit of her bread. "I like to just take things day by day" Nashya paused. "I like to practice using my daggers." a bit of determination in her eyes she continued. "I dream that one day I will be good enough with them I wont have to ever use my abilities willingly." her gaze shifted to Faelis "You are amazing by the way... Last night don't think I didn't take notice of your mastery. It seems we both are fans of dagger mastery."

The boat that they would be boarding came into view, a few passengers already crossing onto it with their belongings in tow. The hustle and bustle of the docks was just as any day. Crew members shouting to one another preparing their ships for their next venture. Loved ones stood on the deck waiving on as their counterparts boarded various ships. "Well looks like we are really doing this... " she looked at Faelis.

JackieCat

"Thank you," Faleis said. "I've practiced with them a lot, and experience in actual battle helps."

He nodded as they approached the ship.  It was actually a passenger ship, usually when Faelis traveled it was by hitching a ride on a cargo or merchants ship.  It seemed they would be traveling the proper way this time.

Faelis took a few more bites of his bread as they got closer.  "I hope they have room left," he said when he had swallowed.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Looking at the passenger ship Nashya's heart jumped a bit. This was all really happening, she was really leaving Serendipity. "I am sure they do" she said as she began walking up the bridge created to board the boat. The moment her foot touched the deck she took in a deep breath attempting to calm her nerves. "Just breath" she chanted to herself in an attempt to remain calm.

Tucking the remainder of her bread in her bag Nashya ran over to the other side of the deck, gripping the railing she looked out to the open water. "I can't believe I am actually doing this!" she turned her head back to Faelis, the ocean wind whipping through her hair. She took a moment to take in the site of him, this man whom she had only met the night before. "Thank you" she said before turning her gaze back to the ocean. She leaned the top half of her body against the railing, as if she could will the ship to start moving.

JackieCat

"You're welcome," Faelis said when she thanked him. "Now, I'd better find the captain or someone before we're thrown off for not paying or something."

He turned around to fond a large man standing behind him, glaring at him.  Faelis just smiled. "Ah, good day, sir!  i assume you're the first mate?"

The man narrowed his eyes, and Faelis took this as a yes.

"Well, my friend and I are looking for passage to Thanatos, I grant your ship can take us there safely, or will we sink halfway there?"

The man narrowed his eyes further, could he even see anymore?  "That'll be ten glints.  Each."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya turned her body to face the situation unfolding. Slowly she made her way beside Fealis, a charming smile on her face. "Thank you so much Sir" she said curtsying to the man, in an attempt to cure his "squinting" issue.

Digging through her bag Nashya managed to dig out the coin needed for her travel, she was sure she had spent the last of her money at the bread stand, fortunately some coin had collected in the bottom of her bag.

Nashya extended her hand to Faelis, so that she may add her coin to his. "Ten glints" she laughed at him, purposefully squinting her eyes as much as she could hoping Faelis would find humor in the gesture.

JackieCat

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply! :P)

The first mate's attitude didn't change, but Faelis held back a chuckle at Nashya as she squinted.

The first mate took their coin and walked off without saying another word.

Faelis looked at Nashya. "Well, he was quite a friendly fellow."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

(OOC: No problems ^.^)

Nashya giggled at the secret joke they shared while brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Turning her attention back to the edge of the boat she once again leaned her body against the railing taking it all in.

This serene moment only lasted for a few moments before she felt the boat begin to leave the docks. A sense of unease flooded Nashya as her eyes began to wander among the passengers. "Faelis..." her voice just a whisper.

"Something is not right..." she attempted to speak to him as inconspicuously as possible. Passengers were beginning to catch her attention, as they themselves whispered to each other. A few of them even being bold enough to lock eyes with her.

Before Nashya could fully process the rest of what was about to unfold she noticed a few crew members making their way towards Nashya and Faelis, one of them being Sir Squinty himself. Simply out of pure instinct Nashya pulled one of her daggers from its holster and gripped the blade with her palm, a very faint sizzle emanating from her flesh as the iron burnt her fragile skin.

JackieCat

Faelis noticed it too.  From years of being a thief, you learned to see when people had it out for you.

"I see," he whispered, and then he saw the crewmembers making their way towards the two.  When Nashya pulled out her dagger Faelis placed a hand on her wrist. "Wait," he said quietly.  It wasn't as if he didn't trust her, but that he didn't trust the voice in her head, and whatever it may tell her to do.  Faelis himself didn't draw a weapon, though that's not to say one of his many daggers couldn't be in his hand in a millisecond.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Quickly Nashya could feel the dark urges within her surfacing. All of which dissipated momentarily when Faelis placed his hand on her wrist. Tucking her dagger back in its holster she scanned the deck as more crew members began to assemble.

Without words her gaze then shifted to Faelis not knowing what to do. She wasn't even quite sure what made her more nervous. Was it the fact that something unfortunate was clearly about to happen or the fact that the darkness within her could easily take advantage of the situation at any moment?

Instead she just stood there, leaving everything to chance. It wasn't as if she could run away as usual, the confines of being on a boat prohibiting such action.

JackieCat

(OOC: Sorry for the wait again, :P)

Faelis glanced behind him at the rail of the ship.  Perhaps they could jump, but, depending on how good the crew was, they could be caught rather easily, and Faelis wasn't sure that if he jumped, Nashya would be able to follow him without being grabbed herself.

'Besides, we don't even know what they want, it may not be bad,' Faelis thought, but his always suspicious mind knew better.

A man stepped forward who looked to be the captain, the squinty first mate jest behind him.  Faelis stepped forward as well, a very sincerely confused look on his face.

"What's all this?" he asked, and his 'innocent' act was very convincing, as if he used it often.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya took her place standing behind Faelis. He was clearly more suited for this kind of situation than she was. While standing behind him she observed him from behind, taking in his features in an attempt to calm herself. It was the only thing she could focus on, all the gold and feathers that seemed to adorn his wardrobe.

She tried to distract herself for as long as possible before she realized that even more crew members were moving in on them. How could he be so calm? she asked herself only to have her question answered by the dark voice in her head. "You could be calm if you killed them all."

Nashya made the mistake of listening to the voice instead of ignoring it like usual. Slowly her thoughts grew darker as the voice seemed to grow louder in her mind. "You could stop all of this right now... Do you see squinty over there" her gaze lifted reflexively as her eyes searched for the first mate.

Almost zoning in on him the voice in her mind continued. "He has it coming to him, Why don't you just wipe that horrible look off of his face?" Nashya's head tilted in an almost puppet like fashion every movement seemingly snapping into place. The voice continued... "Or you could simply go for the captain and make all of the crew yours to control." Yet again her head tilted but in the other direction, the movements the same as before snapping in a puppet like manner.

Slowly Nashya's shadow began to grow from behind her beyond where the sun had originally cast it. Something had to happen soon or she would surely give in to the dark urges rising within herself. Silently she now stood behind Faelis, her expression blank, her head still half cocked to the side, even her eyes had lost a bit of their usual luster.

JackieCat

"Don't act like you don't know what's up," the captain barked, glaring at Faelis. "You two are wanted for brawling in a pub in Cerenis."

Faelis's eyes widened, as if surprised. "Us?  Brawling?  I haven't been in a fight for as long as I can remember!"

"Don't play dumb, elf," the captain growled. "Some of the people who witnessed the fight are on this very ship, and I don't think that you two could be mistaken for anybody else."

Nashya was behind Faelis, but the elf didn't see her change until she stepped up next to him and saw the blank expression on her face.  Then he knew that, once again, whatever was inside of her was surfacing, or had already.

He stepped closer to her, until they were almost touching, and reached out, taking her hand discreetly and holding it tightly, trying to bring her back without any of the crew noticing what was happening to her.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya's lifeless eyes darted back towards the captain as he spoke to her comrade. "Who on earth does this arse think he is?" the voice within her now grasping at every string it could. "Shut this fool up. Show him what a brawl really is..." the voice hissed at the last syllable making the action seem ever more enticing.

By now her shadow had bent around her feet, unnaturally it was creeping towards the captain. A blur of dark hands could be made out in its shape as if they were reaching for him with everything they had. By now the rest of what was being said was like a dull blur in her mind. Nashya could see there mouths moving, and even hear some sound but all speech seemed to be incoherent.

In a silent battle with herself Nashya pleaded "I don't want to hurt them... there are innocent people on this ship." her eyes squinted closed as she pressed even harder to control the darkness. "Just stop... please stop"

At that moment the voices did stop. Nashya was able to reel the shadow back into its natural state but it was not due to her pleading. Faelis's hand gripping hers seemed to have pushed back whatever was growing inside of her. Opening her eyes everything was clear once again and she could hear them talking once more.

Putting on her kindest face Nashya joined in with Faelis, his hand still holding hers discreetly. "I do believe my kind sir that you have the wrong people. We simply met this morning in the market." raising her free hand to her lips she let out a fake giggle. "My mother always says to never travel alone! So we decided to be each others company until we reach Thanatos."

Thankfully Nashya was able to keep up the charade, but in her mind she could not stop panicking on what was going to happen next. "Please don't let go" she chanted repeatedly to herself. Wishing she could somehow telepathically speak with him her eyes darted to his for a very brief moment. "If you let go I am going to lose control" not as if he could hear her silent plea but she hoped he would see the urge in her eyes.

JackieCat

Faelis didn't let go of her hand, but nodded at her statement.

"There's a mistake," the elf said. "We were definitely not brawling."

The captain ignored him, shaking his head. "Just shut up, the both of you, you're going to the brig."  He motioned to his crew and two men walked forward, taking firm grips on both Faelis and Nashya's arms.

Faelis kept a tight grip on Nashya's hand, and they were not pulled apart as the crewmen began to pull them towards the brig.

"I protest!" Faelis said loudly, his act still firmly in place, but he didn't struggle. "You can't just arrest us!  We didn't even do anything!  You'll see that you're wrong once we get ashore!"

The captain continued to ignore him, but by now Faelis knew that they were going to the brig, and he knew his words weren't going to sway the man.  He also knew, however, that if he pretended to be more helpless than he really was, the crew members would not search him as thoroughly once they got to the brig, even though he was charged with fighting.

Knowledge like that was what kept the elf alive.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Her muscles tensed as the crewman grasped her arm, her grasp on Faelis's hand tightening with the action. Hesitantly she walked forwards as they were pulled towards the brig, not really sure of what to do next. Nashya tried her hardest to stay calm as they were escorted as she picked up on Faelis's act. Surely he did not want to cause a commotion on the ship as it would only make for a more stressful ride to Thanatos.

It was at this moment that Nashya noticed they were being escorted towards separate cells as one crew member pulled at her arm in an attempt to separate her from Faelis. Reluctantly she released her grasp from his hand as she was escorted into a cell adjoining to the one she assumed he would be placed in. The crewman rudely shoved her into the cell shutting the metal door in her face as she turned towards the man.

"Stay calm.. stay calm..." she chanted to herself in an attempt to soothe her eager mind. Her eyes darted back and forth taking in the surroundings behind the bars. At least the cell wasn't completely enclosed....

JackieCat

Faelis had hoped that he and Nashya would not be separated, but, of course, they were, though their cells were next to each other.

Faelis was quickly patted down, and three of his daggers were removed.  The three that were intentionally made easy to find, to avery suspicion.  Nobody in their right mind would be in Cerenis without a weapon of some kind.

Then his cell door slammed shut and the guard went to stand at the door, facing away from them.  Faelis went to the wall of bars separating his cell from Nashya's.

"Are you alright?" he asked, worried that the voice still may be trying to control her.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor