Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kindred spirits(Blink, PM)

Started by ValamLym, September 12, 2016, 11:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ValamLym

Katarina carried herself with a skip in her step, happily bouncing across the exotic isle. She rarely ever came to these type of places, but right now? in complete darkness? it was truly beautiful and her child like attitude enjoyed every second of it. Her scythe hung loosely over her shoulder, as she had no intention of hiding who she is.

She continued walking until she came up on a sort of small settlement, it didn't seem like much but it was filled with all sorts of folks from what her eyes could tell. She carefully observed for a moment, gracefully scaling a nearby tree, sitting in the top. Surely some people had noted her, both most would prefer to simply act like they just didn't see a girl wearing a massive scythe into their tree.

''What delightful fear shall we inflict on this town here!'' She extended her finger toward the town, giggling quietly to herself as her scythe hummed in response, several wisps breaking free from its grasp in order to answer Kat's call. ''Go my friends.. have fun for me.'' the wisps shot out of sight toward the small village.

In the meantime the villagers were just getting ready for bed, only the local tavern was brewing with some form of life. Shortly after her wisps reached their designated positions. Weird things began happening in the town. Cups would randomly drop to the floor and people would start feeling eery sensations throughout, as if being watched.  A few moments later, aberrations were spotted, candles flickered and furniture moved.

The gullible people of said village immediately began panicking figuring they had angered whatever creature or god they believed in. Little did they know this was just all a mischievous vampire's game. Katarina slipped down the tree, hitting the ground gracefully as she snuck closer to town, hiding behind a structure and looking through the tavern window to see how people reacted.

Blink

Sitting with her sorrows Nashya took another drink from her cup. The small amount of Ale in her system causing her cheeks to redden only slightly. Taking in a deep breath she turned on her stool, looking around the tavern. It happened first to the man sitting to her right, his cup echoing as it hit the floor. Then another... and another.

Panic struck as Nashya began to feel responsible. Was this her doing? Normally she could feel when her abilities began to surface, but this time nothing. Across the room a table started to scoot across the floor, causing a stir in the tavern.

"I'm so sorry! I don't... I don't understand!" her actions resembling that of a person going mad.

"Why is this happening!?" she lifted her palms in front of herself. It had been so long that Nashya's dark urges surfaced. Was this perhaps an example of a pot boiling over? Had she kept them locked away for too long?

A few of the patrons had turned their attentions to the girl, who was now standing there looking at them all with shock in her eyes. Disapproving remarks were made as a man made his way towards her, his hand raised.

The sound of the smack reverberated off the walls. A crimson patch now visible on Nashya's delicate cheek. This man had just struck her, as if that could stop whatever was happening.

Her face had gone dark, a shadow cast over her eyes. "Well Well Well..." her voice more sinister than before, her gaze cast down towards the floor, her expressions unreadable. Silence had since befallen the tavern, even the table had stopped screeching against the floor. The only sound being the sinister laugh coming from the once sweet Nashya.

"Seems someone has brought me out to play. So come on then.... lets... play.... a... little... game" Nashya's body now moved like a puppet, her head tilted to the side. A demonic smile spread across the sweet girls lips. A dark shadow hovered above her, as if seeping from her being. 

ValamLym

Kat looked through the window, most amused with her work. Especially when a girl stood up that seemed to think she was responsible. She bounced, eagerly awaiting what would happen. Soon she noted a man walk up to the girl and strike her.. She felt bad then, that wasn't what she wanted to happen...

With a fell swoop the entire wall came down, revealing the small frame of Kat in the rubbled opening ''No taking credit for my work! No, no no!'' she hissed stepping into the open hole and into the tavern. Another flick of her finger, nothing happened. People seemed to wait in suspense and stare at the berserk Nashya more then Kat, but when the building suddenly began shaking violently they panicked, blood began trickling down the ceiling as Kat spun her scythe ''I make up the rules, not you!'' she exclaimed, slamming her scythe into the ground, dead silence followed.

''Then again... You are sort of creepy...''

She giggled, eyeing Nashya curiously. Taking in her scent with a deep inhale from her nose. She then sighed. Smirking ''Lets liven up this place, shall we?'' with a gesture the furniture was lifted up against the ceiling people falling off tables and running from floating knives as Kat simply laughed ''Lets have fun!'' Her behavior seemed to be violent, but deep down she just wanted to break up the imminent fight by the only way she knew.

Blink

"Finally! I get to have a little fun!" the eerie voice cackled, enjoying the chaos taking place.

The shadow emanating from Nashya then began to take shape enveloping one of the women in the tavern. Blood curdling screams could be heard as the woman attempted to fend off invisible creatures. Slowly the shadow grew, feeding off of the fear of the woman.

Nashya made a puppet like gesture towards the man that had struck her. "I don't know whether I should thank you or kill you." the shadow now crept towards him, slowly taking place beneath his body. "If you had not hit her then I would still be trapped!" suddenly the man was frozen in fear.

The shadow beneath him began to take form of a slender demon, teeth glimmering in the light. The man managed to muster up enough courage to make a comment. "What do you mean hit her....I hit you, you wench!"

Her head tilted again, almost in a poltergeist like motion. "Such bravery, shall we see how brave you truly are?" raising a hand she closed her fist, the demon appearing to have consumed the man in that instant. Quickly she moved her hand back to her side, releasing the fist she had held.

The demon-like shadow dissipated leaving the man on the floor, his skin white, his eyes stuck open. She had killed him with fear alone...

Suddenly a patron knocked into her, catching her off guard it knocked her to the ground. "What...?" the voice had changed, now a sweet girl spoke with pure confusion in her voice. Looking around Nashya could see what had become of the scene. She lifted a hand to her cheek, still tender. Her gaze then shifted to the girl with a scythe. "You did this!" Nashya pointed an accusatory finger to the girl. "This is all your fault!"

ValamLym

''Hooh, what happened we were having so much fuuuun!''

the vampire exclaimed, looking at the corpses the girl had caused minutes before, in the background random objects still being thrown at the remaining patrons, who couldn't find a way out cause she had barricaded the doors with the furniture.

''But yes, this is my fault.. and the fun is only starting!''

She laughed as she gestured at the dead man, his eyes suddenly rolling back as his body twisted and contorted before lying completely still and seconds after, rising back up. ''Its not baaad when -you- killed him already!'' the man meanwhile shambled forward, toward Nashya. ''Embrace that other side of yours, little girl!''

Kat may be childish and odd, but if there's one thing she was it was cunning and with cunning came intelligence. She had long ago figured out the girl in front of her suffered from some sort of split personality that seemed to activate when the 'host' was physically hurt, so she sicked her zombie pet at her to slap her.

As the zombie came close it extended its hand, attempting to grasp Nashya.

Blink

Standing back up Nashya grabbed the arm of the lifeless man, thwarting the assault. "I will not!"

Flinging the man away she faced the vampire. "Why are you trying to ruin me!?" a very serious look in her eyes, almost pleading. Nashya did not want the voices to take over again, never would she allow it to happen if she could help it.

"Let me back out to play" the voice rang in her mind... as if trying to taunt her. Falling to her knees Nashya clasped her hands over her ears. If she could just calm herself down, then even a physical threat could not unleash the monster within.

As if the world around her fell silent, Nashya could only hear the voices now. "You know you want me to kill them" the voice cackled "You know this little village has been eating at you for weeks now, you know you want me to destroy it!" Nashya tightened the pressure on her head, her body rocking back and forth now. "Please stop!" she screamed to no one. Only trying to silence the voice in her mind.

ValamLym

Kat eyed the girl curiously. They had been the only ones left standing everyone else either knocked out cold or dead, she hadn't murdered anyone herself, but the girl that was now questioning her did. Kat simply nudged her head, clearly not understanding what the girl was on about.

''Trying to ruin you? Nooo, of course not we are having fun!''

She extended her hand, before making a twisting motion, the zombies neck snapping and falling limp to the ground. Despite all her big talk she really didn't want to hurt this girl. She just thought she had found a new playmate. Curiously, her eyes tracked the girl sitting down, rocking back and forth. She froze a little.. That is not what I meant to happen.. she thought, looking around herself. She didn't really care about the others but this girl was supposed to be her playmate.

With a flick of her finger the wisps returned to her scythe, ceasing all of the activity in the village. Sure, it would take quite some time for the villagers to realize this, but at-least she stopped like the girl requested. Was that request even directed at her though? She wondered, eyes tracking the girl once more, wondering if she was speaking to her or to that other side of hers.

''I.. Its okay! I stopped see? I never meant to hurt you.'' She quietly placed the scythe on her shoulder, taking on a more relaxed stance. Though confusion was clear in her eyes. Was there some evil spirit in this girl instead?

Blink

As if in an instant the commotion stopped. Even the voices in Nashya's mind seemed to have fallen silent. Slowly she lowered her hands from her ears, realizing that the scene was truly over. Standing up she eyed the girl, dried tears in the corners of her eyes.

"You never meant to hurt me?" an accusatory tone prominent in her voice. "You have destroyed any chances I had to remain here!" Nashya grimaced at the girl, turning around for only a moment to grab her bag from the bar.

All Nashya truly wanted was to live her life, safely away from disturbances such as these. She needed peace, serenity, calm. This was the only way she could ever live without fear. Fear being the fuel to her inner battle. Fear, sadness, any kind of emotional distress really... that was all if took to spark the fire.

Slinging the bag of her belongings over her shoulder Nashya took a step for the exit. Stopping once more to look at the girl and her scythe. "Some of use cant control it like you do" her eyes full of emotion. She truly was jealous, that this girl standing before her could control dark powers with such ease.

ValamLym

Kat huffed, nudging her head to the side. What a drama queen she thought to herself, visibly rolling her eyes before extending her hand forward and using it to point across the room. ''The only one who killed here is you, I just pull pranks. I could not predict you'd have a second personality of a mass murdering psychopath. You're really presumptive you know? For someone like you to even dare point a finger at me.''

She stabbed the handle of her scythe into the ground, wrapping her arms around her chest and simply walking after the girl, a single flick of her finger slamming the door shut in her face. Kat really didn't like being accused of anything, even if it was true.

''Perhaps you should stop running and start fighting then? Or do you intend to run the rest of your life? I've lived a lifetime, its a loooong time.''

She snickered, plucking at a nail on her finger. Boy did she feel super smart right now. Although she had no idea the other girl would feel like that, she may as well take it as hostility. It didn't matter anyway, even that second personality of hers couldn't beat her.. could it? She sighed.

''Look, instead of hoping that one day the solution may magically fall in that pretty little lap of yours, why not start working on the solution instead?''

Blink

The words stuck Nashya at her very core, ripping at any bit of blame she carried. This woman was right, Nashya was the one who killed. How could this person have known that someone like herself would be at the tavern. Every word the girl spoke rang true in Nashya's mind.

... yes she should stop running and start working towards a solution. Nashya had always wanted to be able to keep control over the dark urges that slept within her. However, standing and facing her inner darkness would mean willingly confronting it. What if this dark being inside of her was who she truly was meant to be?

Noting that the girl had closed the door in front of her Nashya stood there silent, her gaze locked onto the ground. She was not ignoring her by any means, but simply at battle with herself.

"I never expected a solution to magically come within my grasp..." a silence fell between them as she tried to think of what to say next, her back still facing the girl. "My deepest apologies for blaming you"

With that Nashya reached for the door to open it once more and exit the Tavern. She hesitated for a moment, her fingertips lingering just above the handle. Just under her fingertips lay a shadow, slowly creeping its way from her, already touching the handle. Curling her fingers inward Nashya balled her hand into a fist, pulling it back towards herself.

"What solution would you suggest then?"

ValamLym

''really, cause from the way you behave you seem to prefer avoiding problems rather then addressing them.'' Kat simply snickered, walking after the girl as she moved toward the door, clearly having no intention of leaving her alone just yet. Her interest was piqued and she would have all the answers she wanted even if it meant being a bit of a bitch about it. She was somewhat surprised when the girl apologized to her, clearly not quite used to those words being directed at her. Most of the time people still assumed she was to blame because of her pranks, but not this time apparently. ''It's okay?'' she simply said, almost questioning.

When the girl reached for the door she simply nudged her head. She had every intention of just slamming it in her face again, but she could practically feel her hesitation, almost curiously, she stepped closer, wondering what the woman would do. When she balled her hand into a fist Kat smirked, clearly feeling somewhat victorious.

''Well, if you haven't figured out when this personality swap happens yet I figure its best to start there.'' She took one of the chairs lying around and spun it around, sitting with her stomach against the supposed back of the chair. ''Then, I'd try to control it.'' she shrugged, clearly not having thought on it much yet. ''I don't have much for you yet, I barely know what triggers this other personality of yours. If it is intelligent, it might be worth finding out what it wants.'' another shrug, she was truly just shooting in the dark here.

''You cannot keep running forever just because the answers aren't what you want yet. Actively work on controlling it and you'll learn a lot more then just trying to run from it.'' she sighed, clearly growing more compassionate then she wanted. However she couldn't help but feel for the girl. Having another person in your head could hardly be pleasant, at-least she was alone with her own insanity. ''I am willing to help, of course.'' she smiled at the girl momentarily, before leaning her head on the chair's back support.

Blink

Turning around Nashya listened as the girl spoke. "I know when it happens...." she paused trying to think of the best way to explain her affliction. "The personality is me" lifting a hand she held it to her chest. The very thought of having such dark urges bothered her to the core.

"When it happens its because I am angry or upset. Instead of yelling or screaming like a baboon its like a wave comes over me. I lose my regard for life, and all I want is to destroy everything even if it puts me at risk." she paused again searching for the right words. "Its very hard to explain, its as if I lose the good in myself and crave the bad."

Of course she had tried to control it before, only to realize that the more she used her abilities the darker her urges became and the more power she craved. "I have no self control..."

With that she lowered her gaze once more, ashamed to even be called fae, unworthy of the abilities she was born with.

ValamLym

''So its simply a second personality you build up yourself? were you tortured or something?''

Kat promptly stepped closer. her eyes fixated on the girl in front of her. She had no idea what it was like, to have a second personality inside your head. But she did know what torture was all too well, her own father subjected her to it. He may have meant well, but torture was torture. ''Because it sounds like you've made this second personality to defend yourself.''

Another step, bringing her even closer. ''In that case, the only way to ever control it is to try and bring it up in small spans of time, trying to keep control.'' she rubbed her chin, as if trying to figure out how she could pull that off. She knew she had no real power that could do that. But she could easily create multiple undead test subjects.

''If you don't try you'll never succeed and you'll always be on the run from yourself.'' she pointedly added, hands travelling toward her hips and resting upon them, giving the girl a curious look, almost as if she was trying to see the second personality within her.

Blink

Lowering her hand from her chest Nashya listened as the girl spoke. "No I was never tortured. My parents were very loving people, it all seemed to start spiraling out of control when they passed."

The thought of summoning her evil self purposefully caused a chill to run down her spine. The girl did have a point though. If she never tried how would she know if she could? With a bit of determination in her eyes she raised a fist in front of herself.

"If I am going to do this I need to be far away from anyone that I can hurt. I don't want to kill anyone else...." hoping the girl would follow she made her way out of the destroyed tavern. There was an empty valley just outside of town, no one should be there at this hour so it would be a perfect place to try.

If the girl had chosen to follow her she started to speak, not even really sure if her words were being heard. "If I cant stop it please kill me." her words were stone cold. No emotion lingered in them... no regret, sadness or fear. She was completely serious by what she was saying. Nashya would rather die trying to fix this problem than continue to live like this. This girl had set a fire in her to at least try...

ValamLym

Kat merely raised a brow at the woman's story. She developed a mass murdering second personality because her mother passed? this girl had to be one emotional time bomb then. Somehow, this managed to cause her to smirk, it did mean she'd be hilariously fun to play with after all. She stepped after the girl as she began walking, clearly somewhat eager to see how this would turn out.

''You'll be fine, the people here wont be showing themselves for a while.'' she shrugged ''We might want to move before the Paladins and their ilk start showing though.'' She casually followed the girl out of the ruined tavern, taking a moment to look back with pride at her handy work. Her attention snapped back to Nashya when she began speaking again. ''If that pleases you.'' she responded simply.

She curiously followed the girl, still combating in her head how tihs girl could have such a personality hidden within herself. Surely she was hiding something things like this weren't the type of stuff someone is born with. Or was it? she had to admit she never really bothered to test that theory, it just seemed the most logical one, in any case, being born with such a personalty within you can't have many benefits. She supposed it was only a matter of time before either side would win over, she wondered if such was the case with Nashya.

''Are we there yet?''

Blink

Nashya walked in silence with her new companion before reaching the edge of the small town. It seemed that now they were standing in a slightly set off meadow, the lights from the village still close enough to see. Without words she walked to the center of the opening before turning back to the girl following her.

All the fear she once held was practically gone... she figured that she had lived in fear for too long. So even if this adventure led to her demise it was a fate she could live with. At least by the end of this she would in one way or another be free. Even if it meant this girl killing her on the spot. Something her mother had once told her seemed to come to mind. "Don't forget your life's your own, don't ever let it go. In the heat of the moment when fear has you frozen and life is at its coldest don't fall too far from who you are. Things can cut you but don't forget to bear your scars."

Without even telling the girl before her Nashya tried to reach deep within herself to find the darkness that at any other time was clawing to get out. Whispering to herself she tried to stir up some emotion. "I cant escape all these thoughts in my mind. They're waiting to haunt me night after night. Its underneath my skin and it won't let go. If this is who I really am then I don't even know myself..." her statement having a rhetorical tone to it.

Even in the night the shadows that began to emanate from Nashya could be seen. There was no voice in her mind this time, but she still felt as if this energy were foreign. Without prompting her shadows began to develop dark looking hands reaching out from them, all of them turning towards Nashya. In a flash of an instant the hands all shot back at her curling over themselves before traveling up to Nashya's neck. It was at this point she fell to the ground grabbing her throat with her own hands while making a choking noise. Perhaps this girl wouldn't even have to kill her, it seemed that Nashya's darkness wanted to end it all as well.

Digging deep within herself Nashya tried desperately to pull at the strings controlling her abilities. On the outside it seemed as if she were choking, while on the inside she was arguing with the darkest version of herself.

It all seemed so real... the standoff in her mind. It was as if it were just her staring at a very dark version of herself. The dark Nashya spoke before she could even have a chance to plea for mercy. "Denial is all that I have ever known. Fighting for air and fighting to stay alive." Nashya's desire to plea quickly faded as she spat back at the darkness "Excuses that's all I hear. You've been holding me hostage I'm never alone. My soul is not for sale, I won't pay the price!"

The darkness responded once again. "You had your chance, now its my time to stand and rise. Right now the tables turn, I'm going to scream and my voice will be heard!" the scream from the darkness sent a shiver down her spine. Immediately she began pushing back every string she had pulled, she wanted no part in this. "I can't!" she screamed as the hands released her neck and began to recoil back into her. "I can't do this!" she was almost sobbing as she started to look around to see she was no longer inside of her mind.

Standing up she brushed off her clothes before wiping the tears that had built in her eyes. "So maybe jumping in head first is not the best way to go about this?" she let out a soft laugh before crossing her arms in front of her, truly disappointed that she had failed at taming it on her own once again.

(OOC: Sorry if its so random. Its super late and I am super tired and I may have filled like half of this with song lyrics that make no sense lol)

Tags: