Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Possible event that results in the creation of a new nation?

Started by Arocraes, September 13, 2016, 12:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arocraes

Hello! I just wanted to hear your thoughts about a little idea I had.

With the upcoming elections in the US (please don't reveal who you support if you do have a candidate!), I thought an event where a democratic republic, or the seedlings of one, gets established would be interesting. The closest thing there is to a democracy is in Thanatos with the council electing a leader, but even that's not a true democracy. I don't think the thought of a democracy would infringe upon SotE's setting either, seeing as the ancient Greeks in the real world were the originators of democracy.

But in terms of how this hypothetical government comes about, the likeliest scenario would be a secession of some sort from an existing country, like Adela or Essyrn. Perhaps a charismatic leader manages to sway the people in an area without a set government, like the Yoreiqi Isles or Zantaric. I don't know! But let me know what you think.

Codex

This idea sounds interesting!

Althought you'd have to clear with Rhi first obviously xD But if all goes through I could join in. If it's in. Thanatos I already offer you know who as a character... >:3 She probably wouldn't sit idly by while a new law is trying to take place.

Morgan Droud

An event such as this...

I would love to join in on something like this, and I'm pretty sure it would be easy to send over someone.

[in other words]

Count me in if it happens.