Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Little Lamb (Closed / Finished)

Started by CyclicalCycal, October 01, 2016, 04:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

A bright-eyed child glanced about the meadow in a rather confused, no, lost, manner. As she walked, the coat she wore dragged behind her, the entire place seeming mystical. Nice. Comforting, even. It was such a verdant glade, she couldn't help but feel at home, as she carefully took a seat beneath a tree. She stared out at the people, rubbing at her eye, tiredly. Cara had come a long, long, way and had been lost for a long, long, while. She deserved some rest. Perhaps it was time to sleep.

Medievarad

"Are you lost, child?" A soft voice inquired, a shade looming over the small child. A woman clad heavy lamellar armour stood before her. Rin's blades were absent, stripped from her before she reached the meeting place, after all, she wasn't looking for conflict.

The former bodygaurd slumped down to her knees to level her face with Cara's, the armour rustling and clunking, she offered a soft smile, awaiting an answer.

CyclicalCycal

Cara stared up at Rin, eyes wide in awe. Or was that fear? She slumped backwards into the tree, mumbling. "Idunno...justabit...canyoutellmewhereIam?" In a rather small, weakened voice. Cara glanced about the area, as if looking for someplace to go. "Whyareyouamonster?"

Medievarad

The woman frowned slowly, before shaking her head with a soft chuckle. "What makes you think that I'm a monster?" She inquired, keeping the same gentle smile. "You're.. I'm not sure how to call it.. Yumi called it the Meeting place.. You can leave whenever you want," she answered with a smile.

CyclicalCycal

"You'remadeofthebadmaterial." Cara replied, pushing herself back into the tree, as if trying to get away. "Wh-where...can I go? " She then asked. "...what's a meeting place?"

Medievarad

Rin frowned again. "Take a deep breath, I won't hurt you," she advised, still donning the same soft smile. "What do you mean by the bad material?" She inquired, holding her hand out as she adjusted the straps on her gquntlet, before pulling it off, revealing her rather normal looking hand.

"Underneath this armour, I'm still human," she added, still smiling softly. "Where you can go depends on where you were before you got here.. It is difficult.. I can't explain it properly."

CyclicalCycal

Cara's eye widens, blinking rapidly. "I don't understand...what's armour?" She mumbles, staring at the gauntlet as if it's some sort of alien object. "I-I don't...I don't remember where...I was before...I came here. The green...just took me here..." She mumbles, toying with one of the ends of her far-too-large coat. "W-where can I...go, then?"

Medievarad

"Armour.. Makes sure bad people can't hurt me easily," she answered easily. "Do your parents know you're here, child?"

CyclicalCycal

Cara tilts her head, as if the very question confuses her. "No...the trees lead me here. They know I'm here."

Medievarad

"I.. See," Rin answered with a frown as she pushed herself up again. "Where are they? I can bring you back if you wish?"

CyclicalCycal

"I-F-Father is off in a forest. He's far away, but...I c-can't go back." Cara mumbles, vaguely. "Th-there's a place I gotta go to..." She continued, apparently growing more nervous, seemingly sinking into her seat and shrinking away from Rin.

Medievarad

Rin kneeled down again. "Oh. And where is that?" She inquired with a warm smile. "Perhaps I can help you get there?"

CyclicalCycal

"A forest...somewhere...I don't know where. I'm just...stopping here...because I'm tired...I've been walking for a long time..." Cara mumbled. She did seem rather tired.

Medievarad

Rin sat down next to her with a soft clunk and a soft sigh. "Then sleep, child," she answered with a warm smile. "I will protect you."

CyclicalCycal

Cara pauses, as if considering this, before nodding. She lies down, after a moment, shutting her eyes and appearing to sleep. As she does so, the tree she sleeps under moves, as if some breeze had gone through the area. Of course, there was none.

Medievarad

Rin didn't know what happened, she glanced up at the tree as it swayed, but left it at that. She had no idea in the matter. The meeting place was safe, so the mysterious movement phase her much.

CyclicalCycal

Cara slept, then, for a very long while, curling up into her coat and resting peacefully. She seemed to sleep quite deeply.

Medievarad

And Rin made no move to wake the girl, instead, she sat up on her knees, hands resting atop those. She was now clearly gaursing the girl, her cold gaze on their surroundings unwavering.

CyclicalCycal

It would take some time, but eventually Cara would wake up, refreshed from her journey. She glanced about the area as she pushed herself up, before fixing her eyes on Rin, saying nothing.

Medievarad

"Slept well?" Rin inquired with a soft smile, looking up at Cara.

Tags: