Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Awakening(Samara's return event thread) [closed]

Started by ValamLym, October 09, 2016, 10:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salzem

Embalmus raised an eyebrow as one of the other mortals dashed in front of mr. golden-armor, the whip's heads smashing into his arms, smashing them to splinters. Before he could retract his weapon for a finishing blow, the man somehow managed to grab onto one of the flailing heads and attempted to tug it apart from it's handle. To his surprise, Embalmus was actually encountering some amount of resistance from this fellow. He actually had to try to keep his whip in his hand. That being said, it didn't take that much effort. As for the strain between whip and pull, this was a weapon given to him by the goddess Samara! As with his body, it was flooded with her magical might and sustained by her power alone. No amount of sheer brute strength was going to shatter a weapon granted by a goddess! Laughing at his mediocre attempt at being a hero, Embalmus, with his superior strength able to level mountains, tugged back towards him, tossing the fully-armored man into the air, sending him reeling directly at the Jackal. As he reached half-way the whip faded to dust in his hands, his fingers curling into a fist before he shot it into the air as if he were doing an upper-cut punch. Suddenly, a massive skeletal fist rose from the sand and in a flash, it would smash the interrupting swine into the roof, likely not killing him due to his armor pinning him back together, but it would take him a substantial amount of time to get back in working order. With that being said, the hand did not sink back into the sands either, it just pinned the broken soldier's body to the ceiling as Embalmus casually walked around it to face the lightning-guy. A new weapon appeared in Embalmus' hand as he drained their souls, a golden staff that radiated necrotic energy as opposed to his opponent's spear which sparked magical lightning.

"No more Interruptions!" He growled, causing the skeletons around them all to stop fighting and stand well-enough far back, giving them a a wide berth to do their fight. For one reason or another, he wanted to fight this man fully, head on with no one getting in the way, not even that little coward cuddling his lizard. With the skeletal army standing in a large circle around them, acting as an arena of sorts, Embalmus tapped the ground with the end of his staff, a large pulse of purple energy shooting out from where he made contact. This energy would cover the entire area of the circle, but would cause no direct harm to the man in any way. He was simply setting the stage for their duel. The golden man seemed cocky enough, the pose he held offering no defensive benifits whatsoever and more-or-less there to get on his nerves. But little did they know, this jackal had hundreds, if not thousands of years of combat experience and generalship and would not be baited by something so obvious and petty. No, instead, a massive bone spike akin to a rib would shoot out from the ground behind the lightning-man, aimed at the base of his skull. Embalmus would give no indication he cast such a technique as he stood there, staff in one hand, Soul-draining spell (still in effect) in the other.

Kill3rxcombo

*He's at it again, raising his hands in the air trying to drain souls like a coward, time to attack straight on* "That was quite an impressive trick you pulled there, but you're not the only one able to pull that off." Adon raises his fist and puts his thumb downwards, a hand formed from lightning  materializes in front of Adon, copying his motion. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going to turn your little coming out party, into a funeral"

Adon rushes the jackal with breakneck speed. Adon buffets the jackal with a storm of slashes and stabs, the dust picks up and in a few moments, all one can see is a sandstorm. While he keeps up his assault, he runs around and up and down the jackal's body while weaving and dodging with proficiency. Even with all that effort, Adon lacks the raw power from simple slashes and stabs to do any significant damage to Embalmus.*Tougher than I thought eh?* He charges up a lightning bolt in his left hand and runs up the front of Embalmus's body whilst dragging his six foot spear along with him, he kicks off the jackal's face like a launch pad and hurls the charged bolt right between the eyes. Adon lands, and quickly finds that a bone had been following him the entire hand and he quickly blocks it with his right hand.

The smoke clears and the jackal was visible again, with minimal signs of damage. The bone launches straight through Adon's palm and gloves and comes out bloody from the other side. He drops his weapon immediately and the weapon dissipates into lightning. *Damn I got caught off guard, he's good, but tricks like these are nothing*. "I'll admit, you got me there, dog. However, this will be even more embarrassing for you once I defeat you without my weapon nor my right hand." The bone lights up and disintegrates into dust, Adon inspects his wound,*all that work and I come out with a bloody hand, no more spear then huh, not used to left hand wielding, I'll just have to knock him out with blunt force.*

The undead jeered at Adon, Harvey was fighting a hopeless battle against the unending waves of ghouls, zombies and skeletons; fighting desperately to defend his dragon  companion. *I wish I could help you Harvey, I really wish I could.* Adon looked up at the ceiling, Gawfy still pinned by the arm but looking wide awake ready to decapitate Embalmus. *I can't help Harvey but I can help my old ally.* Adon swiped his hand through the air and with a shockwave of lightning, the skeletal arm was cut cleanly from one side to another. The rest of the arm followed suit, freeing Gawfy from his restraints and back with a vengeance.

Gawfy

Gawfy felt The Pressure let off of him and Kicked off of the ceiling he Launched His broken Body toward Embalmus's off hand Skewering it with his blade. Gawfy barely got his blade out before the jackal Threw him away from him. Gawfy crashed into the wall Near Harvey. When he Stood Up Gawfy's Left arm was ponting backwards and right leg was pointed in a 90 degree angle. He Let out a Yell and both Limbs Twisted violently with a nasty cracking sound. Only his bones where fixed. The Flesh could wait. Gawfy's Armor ran red as he tore through a Horde of undead. Flesh tore and bones smashed as gawfy Swung Almost hitting harvey a few times. Gawfy made his way to Adon. He Looked at Embalmus who was preparing another Volley Of Whip strikes. Gawfy Stood in front of adon Clashing With the whip heads.Iron meeting Iron They clashed lighting up the Room in a dazzling display .A show fit For a queen. If one thing was made clear after seeing Gawfy in this form for this long one wouldnt think he was Human.

ValamLym

Samara frowned at the fight enveloping before her. Not because she was feeling threatened but because so far they had only been able to annoy Embalmus. She had hoped they might have been able to push him back a little, but even that was not happening. She shouldn't have been all that surprised though, he was her ultimate creation after all.

''Embalmus my sweet, try to use a little less power.. otherwise you might end up breaking your toys.''

She couldn't help but smirk as they tried to cast down her undead. It seemed they didn't quite realize that the undead were constantly remade through her magic. Her necromancy was so powerful that it had become a passive effect, constantly raising new undead, no body was even required, just a small strand of DNA and enough raw materials to do it. This is why some undead had gold parts or even stone.

When Gawfy seemed to lose control she merely furrowed her eyebrows, quite amused by the humans sudden surge in power. But SHE had designed Embalmus, she MADE him. As long as she lived, there was no way he would ever falter. After all, he was designed that way. ''Strike at my right hand all you want, he will strike you down ten times as hard.''

She turned her attention to the door Embalmus had closed, noting how an increasingly large swarm began forming outside. Figuring Embalmus wanted a quality fight, she dismissed the lesser undead with a wave of her hand, sending them scurrying into the corners of the structure, leaving everyone alone. She however, did bring in her elite guard, some of her much stronger and more potent undead that the group had seen before, with bird, crocodile and jackal heads. As they began forming, around ten of them formed into Samara's body guard unit, while the rest continued to support Embalmus. These would prove a lot more difficult to cast down.

''I'm surprised you prefer fight over flight, then again... I often overestimate mortal intelligence.'' she laughed, looking down at the group from the top of the stairs.

Salzem

[(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si3C1EtGo4c) <---- Embalmus theme]

Embalmus snorted snorted at the lightning man's arrogance as he tried to keep pace with him in a melee duel. His moves were fast and powerful, sure, but he was pathetic in the face of the ultimate undead. This man's body tired, grew weak as more and more of his soul was extracted from his body where his undead form had infinite stamina and his soul was immortal! The jackal easily ducked and weaved under each and ever stab and slash the man attempted to make with his spear, surprised mr. sparky over here actually considered himself a threat, especially in the dead-zone arena he had created only a moment before. Embalmus OWNED this battle and the sad part was that these little mortals couldn't begin to comprehend the amount of magical and phyiscal might he had been restraining up till now. A lightning bolt stuck his face, perhaps deadly to beings of this plane, but to him, it was merely a little static. the smoke cleared and as the man hung in the air mid-flip, the jackal raised his staff, ready to cast down this pathetic fool with his death magic, but the voice of his lady halted his spell-casting. She requested he use a bit less power instead of more lest he shatter his supposed toys. To be perfectly honest, the command frustrated the ancient undead general. He wanted to smash these bugs now as the were really starting to get on his nerves. However, who was he to defy his creator, goddess and queen?

"Yes, my lady." He called back, clearly unconcerned enough to not give his full attention to his enemy. As the man landed away, the bone that he had sent to impale the man's head shot up from the ground, but apparently, the lightning guy was faster and ducked out of the way only to lose his hand in the process. He attempted to taunt the general again and Embalmus just looked at him and laughed. He WAS embarrassed... embarrassed that his first real fight in over 1000 years was a complete and utter joke! It was like having chips as your first meal in weeks! Sure it tasted good, now, but it was just as wasteful as well. A little less power? Fine... Before the one-handed lightning man attempted to discharge his power into the skeletal arm, it retracted itself first, allowing Gawfy to go out and play with the local skeletons. His attempt at his soul-drain hand was for naught, however as he was EVEN slower than this guy in front of him. The jackal simply stepped to the side JUST out of range of his swing before the guy lost whatever sense he had and delved into the hoard of sentient bones. What. a fool.

Embalmus returned his attention back to the lightning man, apparently ready to take him on both one armed and unarmed. What fun would it be to squash him if he simply drained the rest of his energy through his Soul Drain? They didn't have enough soul left to back up their bluffs in any conceivable way so their talk was just that. With a snap of his massive fingers, the soul fragments in Embalmus' hands disappeared, then reappeared in front of his lady Samara, ready for her to tamper with at her leisure. The staff in the Jackel's other hand disappeared as well, leaving him just as unarmed as the man who dared to stand before him.

"You are either very brave or very stupid, mortal." He growled, but there was a minor tone of respect in his voice. "Tell me your name so I know who I'm killing."

Bunbun

Harvey was completely invested in keeping Soma safe, regardless of what was happening around him. Despite the great destruction that was caused by each of the jackal's attacks, he had little to no reaction to them. He even remained almost completely oblivious as Gawfy crashed into the wall beside him and began to mindlessly cut down the army of undead, coming very close to ending the detective's life a few times. No, Harvey focused all of his energy into making sure that his partner was still alive, constantly checking for signs of life. Slowly but surely, though, both his and Soma's life energy continued to drain away. The dragon's life functions- most notably, his breathing and heartbeat- would gradually slow down over time until, eventually, they came to a complete halt. In denial, Harvey waited for what seemed like an eternity for something- anything- to happen... but it never did. He had no choice but to accept the obvious conclusion.

Soma was gone.

There was no shortage of people that Harvey could have blamed for causing such a thing to happen. He could blame the huge monster for casting the spell, the tomb queen for ordering for him to do so, or even Avarex for aiding the queen's escape in the first place. Ultimately, though, he just blamed himself. After all, he had also played a part in allowing the tomb queen's power to be release, whether he'd intended to or not. If only he'd solved the mysteries of the tomb earlier, or figured out what Avarex was planning, this whole event could have been prevented. Not only had he been oblivious to what was really going on, but he also lacked the power to make any meaningful difference in a fight against the undead. Considering the fact that the undead simply reanimated after being slain, and that the monstrous jackal could easily hold his own without even using his full power, it looked like there was only one way that this could end... nobody was going to leave this place alive.

Noticing that the soul drain spell had been interrupted abruptly, Harvey looked up towards the tomb queen and made note of the soul fragments that had materialized in front of her. His energy was no longer being drained, but the spell had already done its damage. There just wasn't enough strength or willpower left in him to stand up and continue fighting. If he didn't do something about it, then he would eventually fall to the newly summoned elite guards. Gently placing Soma's body on the ground beside him, Harvey reached inside his jacket and pulled out a pistol. There was probably only enough time to fire off one shot before he was cut down by the elite undead, but that was fine. One shot was all he needed.

Again, Harvey stared upwards at the tomb queen, his face now completely devoid of any emotion. One might think that he intended to take a shot at her, but instead he slowly placed the barrel against the side of his own head. If it was his fate to perish in this tomb, then he wasn't going to let it be at the hands of the undead- it was going to be on his own terms. This way, he could at least have some closure, even if he was going to be reincarnated shortly afterwards. For whatever reason, it felt like this was the right thing to do... no, it was what he had to do. Seemingly stalling for something, Harvey continued to gaze into the queen's eyes for a moment before giving the faintest of smiles and pulling the trigger. The sound of the shot reverberated throughout the tomb, shortly followed by a thud as Harvey's body collapsed beside Soma's.

Gawfy

Gawfy was Chopping Bone and flesh to bits when he heard a Boom. The Ringing in his Ears brought him back to reality. The Crimson glow dissipated from his helmet as Gawfy rushed over to Harvey, The dead almost avoiding him on his way there. He got there but he knew him self that he was already dead. Gunshot wound in his head. Gawfy Ran his hand over Harvey's eyes and but his dragon friend next to him. He turned to the Woman watching all of this.
Why Gawfy Stood up. Why kill him? All he wanted to solve a mystery, And you killed him for it, If we where truly Greedy we would have taken the Valuables when we could have. But we didnt, HE didn't.  Hell Me and Adon just wanted to make sure no one got hurt. He pointed at the Woman. Are you really Fit to lead a nation, Or an entire world If you are going to be this petty? Gawfy kept his back turned to Embalmus. He actually did want to hear her answer, but Gawfy just assumed she would attack him out of spite if Embalmus didn't already attack him.

ValamLym

Samara seemed to observe Harvey and Soma for the longest of moments. She wasn't particularly known for caring, but she did in fact feel that those two may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Digging through their auras and general attitude she found little that could convince her that these two had any intentions of opposing her. However, before she could even consider sparing them, one of them was snuffed out. As promptly as Soma had died she plucked his soul from the sky. Her Sphinx was more then just a prison, it was her royal palace, it held magic beyond that of mortal understanding, one of such magics was that it did not allow souls to pass on without Samara's consent.

She eyed Harvey as he pulled out a gun, half expecting him to take a shot at her. She wouldn't have blamed him. Of-course, he'd be chopped in half by one of her elite guard without achieving anything. But at-least he would've died knowing he stood defiant against a god. However, he soon perplexed her as he pressed the barrel against his own head and.. pulled the trigger. A loud bang echoed through the sphinx as Harvey feel lifelessly on the ground. It would've caused any normal soldier to turn and look, but her undead were unhindered, continuing their endless march.

She felt a sense of pity, that was at-least, until Gawfy opened his mouth. Turning her attention to him, she laughed loudly. ''I killed no one, your inability is the reason he died, the reason your friends will die.'' she promptly turned her attention to the soul crystals Embalmus had summoned moments before. She knew what this meant, what he wanted.. And that, surprised her. Luckily for him, she had found the candidates.

''Rudimentary creature of blood and flesh, you touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, you cannot even grasp the nature of my existence.''  she smirked ''I impose order on the chaos that is your primitive civilization. You exist because I allow it and you will end because I demand it.'' she paused ''I will take away all your flaws by making you into undead servants.'' She extended her hand toward Soma and Harvey, their lifeless bodies floating toward the crystals. The crystals split evenly among Harvey and Soma merged with their bodies, their eyes growing a bright red before diminishing as they were infused with Samara's darker powers. Then, she dragged their souls from the sky, smashing them back into their respective bodies.

Gently, they floated back down, Soma landing in Harvey's arms. ''Witness this sliver of my power and know that I am beyond your mortal limits.'' she flicked her finger, life surging back into their bodies. Their wounds healing, the bullet that took Harvey's life falling back to the ground as it was forced out of his skull. ''Harvey and Soma.. you will assist Embalmus in destroying the interlopers.'' she, although they had yet to rise again, knew they could hear her.

Bunbun

Samara's orders were the first thing that Harvey heard as he woke. He slowly sat upright, stretching a little as if he had just awoken from a long sleep. It was as if he was completely oblivious to what had just taken place, as he observed his surroundings with a somewhat confused look on his face. Soma also started to stir, crawling out of Harvey's arms and casually flying across the room to the man's discarded sword. Not hesitating in the slightest, he picked up the sword in his mouth and flew back, returning it to its owner- pretty impressive, considering that the thing was bigger than him. Harvey, who was preoccupied with observing the lone bullet lying on the ground, instantly turned to Soma when he returned. Smiling, he accepted the weapon and turned to Gawfy, gesturing towards him with the blade. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but he was sure of one thing: he couldn't be allowed to live. He was more sure about this than he had been about anything else in his life... well, maybe 'life' wasn't the right word.

"I don't expect you to understand, but this is where you have to die. Whether you choose to fight or not, just know that I'm not going to let up until you fall. You'd do well to prepare yourself."

Pretty polite, considering that he was essentially issuing a death threat. His tone was calm as well, like he was simply having a regular conversation. However, it was clear that he meant every word he said, and that he was ready to act on them at any moment. The man took on an offensive stance, prepared to lunge forward with an attack. His partner hovered passively next to him, gazing intently at Gawfy as he searched for a weakness. They both waited until they deemed that their newfound enemy was prepared to fight, immediately springing into action. Harvey dashed forwards with incredible speed, slicing at Gawfy's neck. Soma hovered slightly over the battle, waiting for the best opportunity to strike.

Gawfy

Upon hearing this Gawfy's Crimson glow started to come back He started to get angry that his comrade would just switch sides so easily. Gawfy lost consciousness  as somthing else took control of his body  His helm glow was more vibrant than ever before as he Let out a Warcry. His wolf helm's Jaws bit down on the blade as Harvey sliced for his neck. Gawfy's Body then Sliced in a full 180 Degree arc. Gawfy Didnt seem to pay the dragon much mind.

Kill3rxcombo

Breathing heavily, Adon answered, "My name is Adon Morrowitz." He proclaimed. "As my toughest adversary thus far, I would like to know your name as well. I grow sick of addressing you as 'dog'." Although he didn't exert himself too hard, Adon still finds himself substantially winded on top of the disablement of his right extremity. He glances at Samara, a swirling orb has appeared in front of her, presumably his and his comrades' souls are trapped inside the orb. Slowly running out of options... he sets an extreme ultimatum.

Adon can tell from Embalmus's lack of interest that he wasn't taking this battle seriously."So you think this battle is a joke then? Well, you must be just as curious as I to find out just how durable a being like you can be. If you allow me to retrieve the part of my soul taken from me... I will personally show you how oblivion feels. If not, then I'm sure I still have more than enough juice left in me to disintegrate you where you stand. Do you accept the challenge?"

Sparks crackle at Adon's fingertips of his left hand as he begins to charge up his attack. The golden armor serving as an medium for conducting and enhancing the energy flowing into his hand. What were sparks a moment ago have expanded to huge arcs of lightning whirling from his palm. The arcs strike randomly in the barrier, obliterating any solid object in its wake. Unfortunate undead soldiers observing the battle away from the fire zone turn to dust in the blink of an eye when struck. Golden light accumulates around Adon to a point where one would strain if they wish to look his direction. The ground underneath Adon cracks and shakes from the intense energy buildup. The barrier surrounding him and the jackal threatening to shatter, unable to keep up with the intensity whilst taking a beating from the lightning strikes. Adon pulls all the power he can from every pore and every orifice. His face straining and beaded with sweat from keeping the escalation of power in control. At last, a grandiose bolt, about double the length of Adon's height was formed. The air around the bolt becomes intensely hot and dry. Adon raises it high preparing to hurl it straight at the jackal, pumping the last sparks through his body straight into the bolt. It glowed brightly in the relative darkness of the mausoleum. All other sounds deafened from the crackling. "Brace yourself, there will be no way for you to evade this."

Adon launches the bolt. Thundering at lightning speed straight towards Embalmus.

Salzem

"I am Gravekeeper Embalmus." the Jackal growled, clearly unamused with his following comment. "You will serve us. You will feel death's embrace." Purple lightning began to course all around him, the smell of necrosis now heavy in the air. He was about to strike the man down with all he had before this Adon presented a challenge to test his durability. Embalmus stopped right there, immediately intrigued by what he had to offer. No, he didn't expect him to actually follow through with his threat of decimation, but what Embalmus was looking for was... an approximation of how powerful he might actually be. The Jackal was confident in his strength and by no means doubted his durability in any way, but pride was always one of his more.... imperfect qualities. Perhaps he was playing into Adon's hands, but he was a fool to provide the opening in the first place. Embalmus did not move and, instead, spread his arms to either side of his body, opening up his torso for assault. He couldn't have moved anyway, as his queen was standing right behind him. Even if Embalmus was confident in Adon's weakness, he couldn't afford to take the chance that she would come to harm. And so, the Jackal waited and watched eagerly as the the electricity coagulated in his opponent's free hand. Subtly and far less grandiose, the undead was channeling his own energies, focusing them into his body as an extra means of defense. A sickening purple aura glowed around his massive form, the intensity of which growing by the second, gradually taking the shape of armor akin to that of an exoskeleton.

Adon hurled the massive bolt, it's speed truly impressive, perhaps even beyond Embalmus' hopes at matching. Perhaps. The bolt struck his chest, drilling into his magical fortifications faster than the general had expected. It seemed the attack was far more concentrated than it appeared! After a moment of clashing between magics, the concentrated electricity pierced his body, running half-in and half-out of his form, holding steady as the volts arced into him. Then, the bolt exploded, enveloping the undead in a pillar of electricity that shot right through the gold confines of the sphinx, likely blasting its way into the skies as well.

So... this is pain....? The Jackal wondered as one of his eyes shattered in its socket. Its been so long... What a delicious feeling... Lightning arched from the Jackal's massive body, jumping from undead to undead, roasting their bones to mere ash and dust but Embalmus refused to let the electricity progress beyond him. A goddess will not be touched by mortals! The Jackal roared with agony before a massive explosion ripped through the chamber, enveloping all in a seemingly endless dust cloud. before Adon would even be able to react (most likely given his drained state and the surrounding cloud), Something would snake out from dust and wrap itself around his good arm, holding him in place. As the cloud cleared, Embalmus was still there with his whip in hand, on one knee and with and eye busted, his right arm roasted to the bone and a hole through his center still bubbling with heat, but he was still there. Shakily, the undead general got to his feet, coughing up something black and chunky, probably what used to be his intestines. No matter... no matter... he didn't need those anyway. With a jerk of his whip, Embalmus would tear off Adon's working arm, the one that impaled him upon that spire of lightning. The Jackal snorted in finality before several bone-spikes shot up from the sand, impaling Adon in several places within his stomach in chest (once again likely unable to move with his power drained so intensely). With this fight ended Embalmus would stagger up to his defeated opponent, staring down at him not with hatred or disgust, but with a sort of grim respect.

"Yes." He growled. "I did think this battle was a joke. But you were a worthy opponent and changed that. I honor you by giving you the greatest reward I can bestow: Second life." The whip in Embalmus' hand disappeared before he pressed his hand to Adon's chest before pulling it away slowly, ripping out his soul from his body (or what was left of it), studying it's shattered remains before pouring his necrotic magic into the core of his being, forcing his will into him, but also solidifying Adon's power and existence. With a snort, the Jackal forced the soul back into Adon's body, a brutally, mindlessly painful experience as the body twisted and contorted, twitching before coming to a rest. Adon would wake up as if he had from a night terror, self-aware and concious of his position as the first of Embalmus' personal contingent.

"You. Serve. Me." Each of the Jackal's words drilling into the newly resurrected Adon. "And through me, you serve Lady Samara." The bones slipped from the lightning-man's body, freeing him to pick up his spear yet again. He would find that his wounds quickly healed, even a new arm growing in the place of the one he had lost.

"All you had known before is meaningless. You will obey. Kill The only remaining living being." Embalmus pointed towards the knight dueling the newly resurrected Harvey. "Kill him. Obey."

Kill3rxcombo

Thunder rumbled and lightning streaks across the now visible stormy sky. Adon's attack spiraled into the heavens destroying the roof of the sphinx in its wake. "To feel the refreshing rain before I die,"he smiles. There was no doubt about it, the final strike on top of the soul drain was too taxing, he can barely move himself much less fight. A lightning bolt strikes him where he lies, his whole body disappearing in golden light. Bones protrude out of the light but all he felt was a slight tingling from where he was impaled. All that's left is a pile of glowing armor and the remains of a soul.

But the soul is all Embalmus needs to reform Adon. The body slowly recreated back into existence, necrotic energies pouring into the newly formed body. Feeling returns into his body, all senses reawakened and strength in muscles returning... but something feels odd. The lightning running in his blood shunned the necromancy but could not expel it, forced to share the body with an unwanted guest. Like a jigsaw puzzle, the armor flies back into place, but Adon is in the midst of another transformation. Through the visage of his helmet, one would expect to see his face but now, all one can see is darkness as if the suit of armor were hollow. Adon rises slowly, yellow and purple lightning crackles around him as if battling to gain control. His spear materializes back into his rejuvenated right hand. Rain continues to pour but pure water no longer, droplets fell as acid rain as if reflecting the current state of it's beholder, pure yet also corrupted. Embalmus was the first voice to speak to him, declaring that he now serves Samara. His loyalties are now to the Queen and the Jackal though following orders was not the first thing on his mind.

"You wish for me to end this mortal, but he is currently engaged in combat with another adversary. As much as I would enjoy striking down this mortal, intervention now would be grossly dishonorable and as your second in command I would hate to dirty your image as the right hand of Lady Samara."

Gawfy

After seeing the Lightning and the Hole That was made Gawfy's mind, or lack there of Moved to Escape. He Jumped into the first layer with sword still and hand. Second layer of sand Moving to repair Gawfy Hopped past it. Almost to where the rain was coming from Purple lightning struck gawfy's Head. He still moved but his Right Eye Wouldn't open after the strike. Gawfy felt a spear Pierce his Left arm with more force, as if it could pull him back down. So close to the last layer he Didn't think as he took his sword and Severed his Left arm at the elbow. With that he could hear that jackal that woman and the demon laugh as he left arm Hit the ground. He Flew out of the hole and pounced in the sands away from that Place. His left arm was bleeding heavily as he fled. Thinking how the hole stayed open and the Rain. They let him go after they took his eye and Arm.

Bunbun

Surprised by the extreme power that Gawfy's armour displayed by stopping his swift attack, Harvey was stunned for a second as the strength of the strike vibrated violently throughout the sword. There wasn't much he could do to follow up on the attack, considering that the blade was stuck firmly in the jaws of the helmet and that his enemy was now throwing out an attack of his own. He swung his huge sword in a very wide arc, leaving Harvey no choice but to back away until the danger of being struck had passed. As such, he leapt backwards with agility that easily surpassed that of a regular human's. The blade, still unable to escape the grasp of the insanely powerful armour, shattered into several pieces as it was torn apart by two supernatural forces. This development was also pretty surprising; apparently Harvey didn't know his own strength. In any case, the sword in its current state was now useless, so he cast it to the ground and instead decided to rely on his strength alone.

Gawfy, on the other hand, seemed to have other ideas. An escape route had finally presented itself, and he wasted no time getting over to it as soon as humanly possible. He managed to escape from the tomb, with the hole repairing itself immediately afterwards and erasing any chance of following after him. All this came at a price, however, as he ended up having to sever part of his arm in order to secure a successful escape. Harvey's eyes remained locked on the arm as it fell to the ground next to his shattered blade. It was certainly a terrible sight; how could someone make such a huge sacrifice in order to avoid achieve their true purpose? Then again, Harvey couldn't really blame him. After all, he'd been pretty desperate himself before he'd gained the knowledge of what really mattered. Frowning, he crossed his arms and looked over the sword as Soma reclaimed his usual position. Clearly, he had a lot to learn about his true capabilities now that he'd been reborn. Maybe there was more to his power than he was aware of, something that might have allowed him to complete his mission instead of leaving someone on the brink of death. For now, though, he would just have to accept the fact that his first task had resulted in failure.

Salzem

Embalmus was initially enraged at the newly-resurrected Adon's disobedience as he refused to go after the escaping knight. Never-mind his reasons, this creature has defiled the tomb of their mutual goddess and he would slow the purging process because of his own personal pride. Such a thing would not be tolerated! Normally. No doubt the reason for his failure was due to the inferior make-up of this realm's beings. It made sense, especially when one looked back at how well their fight went just a moment ago: completely one sided and the jackel was only using around 10% of his full potential. Now that he was undead, he may have been better than he was, but Adon was still far less than his previous second. Not to mention his failure on his first mission wasn't doing him any favors. Embalmus glared down upon the undead knight standing beside him, figuring Adon should feel lucky his soul wasn't blasted into oblivion.

"Your pride and honor are quite valuable." He conceded, his voice a threatening growl. "However, you do not serve yourself anymore. You are a part of a goddess' vast army, my second in command. Lady Samara knows that what I do is for her sake and by her orders only. If she finds my actions unfit, she will discipline me. If you cannot fulfill the role I gave you and live up to the distinct privilege of the life I offered, I will take it away like you were a child. Do I make myself clear, Second?" He hissed that last word with venom only a demi-god-level undead general could spout. It was at this point that Harvey and his dragon would return, not dragging the body of Gawfy behind them. No... he wasn't dead... he could see it in their eyes and Embalmus knew they had failed as well, another testament to the inferiority of this dimension's undead. It wasn't as if he questioned or critiqued his lady's craftsmanship! On the contrary, he admired her work with his own artistic eye, often present and smiling as she created something newer and more deadly. No matter the beauty of a statue, however, it will always remain inferior with inferior materials. The Jackal didn't chastise the returning pair as they actually went out and tried (unlike Adon), and instead, just gestured for him to follow with his index finger. Embalmus knelt low at the base of the stairs, on to of which where Lady Samara stood as elegant as ever.

"My lady... One of the knights escaped, though he was heavily damaged." The Jackal relayed, speaking as if he were delivering an after-actions report. "Shall we go after him, my lady, or do you have something else in mind...?"

ValamLym

Samara looked upon the battle, watching the trespassers struggle, as a result, two fell and bought that defeat with their lives, now eternally bound to her will and that of her most trusted minion. She was surprised at Embalmus' resurrecting the one he fought, he seemed to annoy him at best, a fly buzzing around a giant. But she didn't question him. In millennia, he hadn't even moved an inch without her consent, why would he now? besides, if he thought him valuable enough to keep, then she wouldn't argue.

She looked down at the now free of hostile presence sphinx, her gaze as neutral as ever, not showing any sign of joy or anger. She simply stepped down a few stairs, but made sure she still stood over her subjects. The un dead guards she had summoned quickly left the room, as they didn't need addressing, they worked through her mind, her will was the only thing driving them forward. But the others that remained still had some form of free will, though their lives were now all hers.

Turning her gaze to Embalmus she simply shook her head ''What can one broken man do against an army.'' she simply stated ''What will he say? An undead army amasses in the desert? Nobody will believe him.'' she turned her gaze to the roof, which was now once again fully repaired. ''I need to focus on expanding my army.. in the meantime..'' she looked back to the group in front of her. ''You will be drilling a hole back to our own dimension, Embalmus.'' she rose her arms, fingers coiled as if grasping something heavy. Before long, the entire structure began shaking, before it eventually rose to its feet, the massive construct coming to life as it let out a roar. Not just for show, the roar commanded the dead to arise, thousand of hands shot up from the sand, pulling themselves up and began following the Sphinx as it slowly made its way deeper into the desert.

Within, the group felt little of what happened, save for the thumping of the Sphinx's feet. ''The portal you will be creating will need to be large, enormous even.'' she stepped back up on the stairs, the sarcophagus she had rested in now forcefully being reformed into a throne, which she plainly fell into. ''Questions?''

Tags: