Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wanderings (open)

Started by Autumn, October 15, 2016, 05:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn

Autumn had to admit that she was running low on funds. While she had enough to keep her self fed and clothed at least for a while, but clearly she had to reach out to the locals and hope some one would take pity of sorts on her. Not that Autumn was pleased by the idea at all. But, there was times when you had to swallow your pride and cast yourself into the tides of fate. Which was more poetic than she was actually feeling at this point. To that end she decided to well.. stroll down the street.

Not something that was productive as a  general rule. But, she had done it before and came across something that had turned out to be beneficial to her in the end, if not well at least she was giving herself something to do. On the other hand if she ran into trouble, well then it would give her something to do as well. Autumn was also using the time to feel out the locals or travelers. The feeling on the streets was also a good measure of what was going on in the area, a person couldn't always trust the local news after all.

The weather was not on her side, and the wet in the air seemed to reflect her mood. Even if she did enjoy the ran it did make most of the sensible populous to seek shelter, even if it was more of an sleet than an actual snow. Although the sky threatened to make good on that threat. Well, there was no help for it. She slowed down to take a look at a display of goods for sale, for a moment loosing herself in the goods for sell and shifting her attention from what was around her.

Gawfy

Gawfy Had Just got back from his day job. These people In Northerner Hyoite Really liked their convenience. One minute he is day drinking, The next he is in a cave slaying a cockatrice. Whatever The Job Did make Gawfy Richer. He Arrived back in town and recived his pay. He then headed toward the market looking for a new cast iron pan. The Cockatrice Turned his into stone when he threw it. Gawfy noticed a Black haired girl wandering about with no goal it seems like. He Brought his attention back to the Goods at the Market.

Autumn

Autumn was in fact wondering the market, she might also be thinking of places with slightly better weather. But, none the less she was here and there wasn't much she could do about it, nor was there any real reason to complain about something she could not change, more or less.

That being said she was curious about who might be braving the outdoors in this weather. If there was one thing Autumn was curious about it tended to be people. In this case her eyes landed on some one who had wondered in her line of slight.

She tilted her head and studied him for a moment, debating what to do. She was aware that most people were not thrilled with her just walking up and poking them with a stick so to speak. But, Autumn being Autumn couldn't help herself. "You're brave to be out here in this weather." Tact wasn't high on her list. "Most people would be heading for home." Nor were people skills it seemed.

Gawfy

Not Bravery, Just necessity. Gawfy said as he Found What he was looking for. He Handed The merchant his money Just as he was packing up. Most people also Have someplace to be. He Turned to This Girl. His armor A slight Shade of Red and White from the sleet and Blood. Couldn't the Same be Said for you girl? Why are you not home?He asked as His Helmet retreated back into his Armor Revealing his scarred and bloody face.

Autumn

Autumn was not expecting him to  take off his helmet, that being said she had seen sights more shocking than what the helmet removal reveled. After all she had seen some of the more ugly species of the world. But, she was aware that humans, and that's what she assumed him to be until proven otherwise, didn't usually look like him.

She thought about why she might outside, she might not feel the elements to the degree she did, but it was still cold and damp to her too. "Why? Things to do." Which is more or less the truth. "Sadly I am not able to control the weather when I need to travel out of doors." Which was mostly the truth. She had never tried to do anything here but she was pretty sure it would be more or less useless, it was far too cold and she was out of her climate zone.

"I'll just dress warmer next time." She said cheerfully. She wasn't half naked or anything however she was not wearing a large number of layers and could feel the damp through the cloth some what. 

Gawfy

Gawfy Chuckled And smiled Warmly as he saw her reaction To his face. I usually get that, So you can control the weather? Some kind of which or Mage? He asked as he Swatted Sleet off of his Armor. Things to do? What kind of things Does a Girl your Age got to do Out here in this Shitty Weather? It would appear Gawfy also lacked Tact when talking to people.

Autumn

Autumn debated on how to answer those questions. While she didn't use magic per say some still might call it so, and she was aware of how some people felt about mages, on the other hand it was a good cover story, even if it did carry it's own risks. It would still be the easiest and most straight forward of stories.

"Something like that." She responded to the mage question. "A girl my age? Why errands of course." Which was more or less the truth. Autumn wasn't fond of being dishonest and she tried to avoid it when she could in some cases like now it couldn't be helped.

"Certainly it's not for my health."

Gawfy

Gawfy Put his newly purchased Good in one of his carrying bags. What kind of errands can you do with weather like this? About the only thing to do is gather firewood.Gawfy asked as the Market cleared out. Name is Gawfy by the way. He held out his Bandaged callus and rough hand.
You wouldn't be able to point me in the direction of a Mage could you? The last fight had not been won without its toll.

Autumn

Autumn had to stop and think about how to answer that question, after all she was not expecting to be asked any follow up questions and so took a moment to try and come up with something believable. "I need to eat don't I?" Not that it was exactly weather for shopping but it was something every one needed, he might buy it.

"I'm Autumn. What kind of mage?" She asked aware of the fact that not every mage knew every kind of magic in the world.

Gawfy

Life mage. He said Started to lean on a stand. Fell down and Scratched myself on the way to down. He said jokingly. Truth was you couldn't work in his Occupation you didn't get a little Hurt some times. If there where Any Healing mages around they could see that Gawfy Didn't  fall down. More like he had Four Broken Ribs, and a Fractured left arm. Well what kind of food did you buy today? Gawfy asked. He Would needed to have a good meal and looked around for another open food stand.

Autumn

Autumn was not a life mage, truth be told her kind wasn't exactly experts in healing magic of any kind wounds included. But, she thought back on if she happened to know any near by anyway. "Not me, I lack a talent with any thing that requires healing." That was an understatement, but he didn't need to know that.

"Food? This and that. Whatever you can get in this weather is a good thing, I don't complain too much." Which was also true enough the local climate did not provide a lot of wide choices when it comes to food. "Have you not ate?"

Gawfy

Havent eaten since yesterday Gawfy said as the Merchants had all left leaving the town square empty. Gawfy seemed uneasy, His stomach churned and his hairs on his neck stood on end. Something was coming.  Why dont you Hurry Home girl and get to bed. Gawfy said as he turned around Walked into the forest.

Autumn

"Well, then. I suggest you get something to eat. It is rather important, after all.' Which was true enough. She might not be an expert on humanity but she was fairly sure they needed to eat more than that. She was about to point that out when she was told to go home. Autumn was slightly taken back by it.

"I am able to take care of myself." She managed to get before he turned to go. She tilted her head as he left at little puzzled by what had just happened.

Gawfy

After wandering into the Woods Gawfy Hunched over. He Put his hand over his mouth as a reflex but still threw up anyway. One of em is near. He said out loud as he pulled his sword off if his back as the Sun went down. Spirts rose from the ground and Shot back down into it. Minutes later a Beast made of Dead flesh came from the Ground. It let out a beastly roar, And Gawfy followed as his helmet Crawled up his back and Swallowed his head in steel........

Around an hour had past and the Forest floor was Full of blood, bone and viscera. Smashed earth and Toppled trees Littered the Forest. Gawfy sat up against a tree with blood spilling out of his armor. He sat motionless with his sword in his lap. On the Brink of passing out he closed his eyes making out a Human figure as he closed them.

Autumn

Autumn hadn't any idea who they were so she thought nothing of it as he turned and left. However, she saw aware something was amiss. She debated on rather or not to head in that direction, after all it was really none of her business who he was or what may or may not be following him. On the other hand there was something unpleasant in woods.

She wasn't a horrible person, and deciding she would rather make sure he was still alive she walked into the wood land as quietly as possible. Once she made her way past the tree line she traveled over the snow rather than through it, no one could see her and it was quicker. However she stopped as neared a near tree not sure what was going on. There seemed to be some one on the ground but beyond that she was lost as to what was going on.

Gawfy

Gawfy stood up with the help of his sword and started to walk back as the girl From earlier was floating in front of him. He Hobbled closer using his sword as a crutch leaving a trail of blood behind him. Oh, Its just you. Gawfy said as he Held himself up. You really shouldn't be out here. No telling if another evil spirit will come. His breathing was shallow And Armor frost covered. You sure You dont know any mages in town you could point me to? He asked politely

Autumn

Autumn was debating what to do next. She looked around extending her senses a little, what ever they were, they gone, at least for the moment. That did not mean they would not come back soon and Gawfy was clearly not in the best of shape. She couldn't much about his health, she could remove the frost from his armor but that was about it, and clearly the least of his problems.

"I can find one surely. Although, there aren't many up here." Which was true enough and if there were mages they would likely be laying low. "In any case, your sitting here in the forest isn't going to do wonders for your health." She looked over her shoulder to make sure whatever they were, were gone for now. She was curious what they were, but questions could wait until things were slightly more secure.

Gawfy

If you where wondering What happened, a spawn of a demon was made here, Said somthing about a Forest spirit then i chopped it to bits. Gawfy said as he Hobbled next to autumn. Wouldn't know anything about that would you? He asked through his helmet

Autumn

Autumn was a lot of things, a demon spawn was not one of them. Something she was grateful for at the moment. "Demon spawn? Can't say I know much about demon spawn, other than to stay away from them." She was fairly sure where there were demon spawn it was not a good sign. They rarely appeared randomly. Most demons were smarter than that.

"If they were here I would think they were looking for something. Demon spawn just don't show up for no reason. They don't appear randomly."

Gawfy

Well this one was tearing up this forest. Gawfy Said as he looked back. Places of nature like these usually have Elfs or Pixes, spirits, Something to prevent this kind of thing from Happening. He said as he knelt down. Just glad i got here when i did. Gawfy said as a smirk cast across his face

Tags: