Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]

Started by DragonSong, November 03, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Yes, I-"

She suddenly went quiet. An odd look crossed her face. "Yes," she repeated, slower. "I need to...discuss some things with my superiors. The sooner the better."

To be honest, the idea of leaving wasn't really all that appealing in that moment. It was nice her, elegant and comfortable, and she didn't have to be a knight. She could just be Elora.

DaGlobster

"You don't sound all too ready to go to me," Merradin said, giving her a sly wink.

"What says you can't be missing for a few days longer?" he said.

DragonSong

She cleared her throat. "Well...I suppose...a few days wouldn't hurt."

Guilt clenched right in her chest and she sighed, rubbing her temples. "This is ridiculous," she grumbled to herself. "I should be stronger than this. I shouldn't need a few days."

DaGlobster

"It's not a matter of strength. If you look at it that way, then every small break might seem like giving into weakness," Merradin said, and he set down his utensils to join his hands, although he did take a sip of wine before he spoke.

"You've just been through an incredibly harrowing experience. You haven't even been in my care for eight hours," he continued.

"I think you should take a well-deserved breather."

DragonSong

Elora was quiet for a while, picking at her food. Then she nodded slowly and lifted her eyes to his.

"You know, you may be right. Thank you, Merradin." Saying his name now that she knew he really was that Merradin sent a strange little shiver down her spine, she cleared her throat.

"Why don't you- you could let me clean up. I don't mind, I'd like to repay your hospitality somehow. You could go take your bath."

DaGlobster

At her offer, Merradin smiled a bit wider, letting her see that his human form was accurate down to the teeth and the structure of his mouth. Not many dragons could shapeshift so perfectly.

"Thank you, erm..."

He cleared his throat.

"I don't think I ever had the pleasure of knowing your name?"

DragonSong

She gave him a small, shy smile. "Elora. Elora Braun." She nodded at him. "Pleased to officially make your acquaintance."

DaGlobster

"Elora Braun," he repeated, letting her name roll off of his tongue like silk before he gave her a smirk.

"The pleasure is mutual," he said, and glanced down to his empty plate and bowl. He glanced to Elora's cup of wine, and then to his own.

"Would you like me to top up your glass before I go?"

DragonSong

She really probably shouldn't. But, well...

Fuck it.

"Sure." She smiled and nodded her thanks.

DaGlobster

Merradin nodded his acknowledgment and stood from his place. He walked by her, fetched the bottle of wine, and topped her glass off as well as his own.

"Thank you for the dishes," he said, before he took up his glass and walked towards the bath. He set the glass down by the rim and shed his robe. She'd get a glimpse of his body from behind, an impeccably muscled and powerful looking physique that went perfectly with his nature. She wouldn't have a view for long, because at that point he revealed his wings, tail, and horns, and his tail curled about as he stepped down into the bath.

"Absolutely perfect," he said to himself, stretching his wings out along the bath's rim as he sipped gently on his wine and let himself sink a bit further into the water.

DragonSong

Elora couldn't help but stare- she'd seen plenty of naked men, and while Merradin was certainly a powerful specimen, it was not his physique that caught her attention. Her eyes flickered curiously over his wings and tail, then up to the horns that crested his head.

Then she realized what she was doing and flushed, snapping her eyes away. She set about cleaning the dishes, doing her best to navigate her way around the elaborate kitchen.

DaGlobster

Much like his bath, the kitchen's water basin had an enchantment that kept the waters clean, so she could wash the dishes to her hearts content in it and the waters would remain clear. There was a scrubber that sat in a small bowl filled with soap next to it.

While she washed the dishes, Merradin only got more comfortable, and he quite purposefully oriented himself so that when she left the kitchen, she'd be presented with a frontal view of him from the waist up.

He couldn't help himself.

DragonSong

Once she was satisfied the dishes were clean enough, Elora turned to make her way back to the bedroom.

She paused, eyes sweeping up and down Merradin's form pointedly. She was no stranger to such tactics, and raised an eyebrow at him. "Did you want a drinking partner?" she asked, nodding to his glass. She had retrieved her own from the table, held loosely in her hand.

DaGlobster

"I wouldn't be opposed," Merradin said, voice nearly a purr as he took in the bath.

He sipped from his wine.

"Thank you once again, for the dishes."

DragonSong

"Of course." She shrugged and settled herself at the edge of the bath basin, legs curled to the side. She was just over an arm's length from her host, close enough to be friendly but not so close that she felt trapped.

"Least I could do. Call it payment for room and board." She toasted him and took a sip of her drink.

DaGlobster

Merradin toasted back, adjusting his wing so that she could sit where she was.

He took a sip and looked back to her.

"How long have you served the crown?" he asked, looking up at her curiously.

DragonSong

Her eyes were drawn to the movement of his wing, so it took her a moment to refocus and answer his question.

"Oh. Well, I started training as a page when I was twelve, so...ten years." She shrugged and sipped her drink again. "I mean, I was only knighted four years ago, if that's what you're asking."

DaGlobster

"I offer you belated congratulations," Merradin said, toasting her with his glass before taking a heavier sip.

"Speaking of room and board, I only have the single bed," Merradin said, glancing towards the bedroom, and then back to Elora.

"It's fairly large, so I think we can share without much issue," he said.

DragonSong

Elora glanced to the bed, then back to him. "Well, ah...I suppose, if it doesn't bother you that's...fine."

Internally she had to fight down another surge of panic. He's not going to hurt you. Even if he was, you are not helpless. You are not bound. You can defend yourself.

DaGlobster

He could read her tension like a book.

"If the prospect bothers you, I can always reside on my treasure hoard," Merradin said. He smirked at her.

"Wouldn't be much of a dragon if I didn't snooze on it occasionally."