Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]

Started by DragonSong, November 03, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

A very small smile tugged at her lips and she tilted we head a bit. "I used to dance quite a bit." She shimmied out into the water a bit more and scrubbed at her hair.

DaGlobster

That earned her a curious raise of his brow.

"Used to?" He said. As she got closer, he couldn't help but appreciate the sight of her. She was beautiful to him, wickedly so, and had everything he'd ever really want in a mate.

Save for the fact that she was a mere human, of course.

But still, he couldn't help but return her warm smile, an amused, almost mirthful look on his face.

"Why did you stop? Burn up too many dance floors?"

DragonSong

That earned a small chuckle and Elora eyed him over her shoulder as she combed her fingers through her hair. "Not exactly. I've been given...much more responsibility than I used to have these last few months. Doesn't leave much time for dancing."

Reasonably satisfied with her state of cleanliness, she boosted herself up to sit in the edge of the bath, legs dangling in the water. "What about you then?"

DaGlobster

"Me?"

Merradin smirked, and he put his arms up on the rim of the pool.

"I partake a dance every now and then. I love visiting the cities every now and then. Dragons might be immortal, but we don't exactly get together to drink or dance," he said, the last few words coming out as a chuckle.

"I look forward to seeing Ketra again. Haven't been there in a month. I know a really nice inn with great drinks."

He looked back over to her, head tilting up so he could meet her eyes. He smiled again.

DragonSong

"Chances are I know the place you mean," Elora commented blithely. "I've made my way through just about every tavern and ale room in the city by now."

She boosted herself out of the bath and glanced around for the robe she'd been using. "What's the name?"

DaGlobster

"The Rat's Head," Merradin said glibly, and his eyes momentarily followed her as she stood from the bath before he followed suit. He stretched, and started walking towards their robes, which had been sort of thrown a tad bit out of sight.

He certainly wasn't shy with his body either as he knelt down to grab the robes, loosely throwing his own on before he passed Elora her own.

"Decent little affair that place is. Great whiskey, too."

"I have all my clothes here, but we'll have to get you a dress from my hoard. I think I've got a few dressers out there in the treasure piles."

DragonSong

She slipped into the robe quickly and held it close around her shoulders, a little chilly now that she was out of the warm bath. "I know the name," she mused. "Not particularly familiar though."

She tilted her head at his offer of a dress. "Ah...I appreciate it, but I don't suppose there might be just a shirt and breeches in my size?"

DaGlobster

"There is, if you like the color blue," Merradin said, turning to walk into his bedchamber and to his dresser.

"You'd probably still look stunning in them regardless," he said, mostly to himself but loud enough for hdr to hear. He picked out an outfit, a blue shirt with a slightly open chest, tight fit around the torso, and baggy sleeves. To match it, he also slipped on some black pants and shoes that were patterned to look like they were made of blue scales.

His wardrobe in general, if Elora wanted to purview it, would contain mostly shirts and garments in various shades of blue and several different kinds of pants, from trousers to breeches, in browns and blacks.

No garments were particularly humble, although none were extravagant.

"Another thing I love about this tavern is that they have great ale and wine. The variety staggers me."

DragonSong

"Blue is fine," Elora chuckled as she followed after him. "I take it you're a coinessuer, then?" she added, lightly teasing, as she turned her back to give him privacy to change.

When given her turn, she picked her way through his assortment of clothes and settled on the simplest shirt and breeches she could find. With some carefully tucking and folding, she managed to produce an ensemble that actually fit, and didn't look half bad, all things considered.

DaGlobster

"A connoisseur of what? drinks or clothes?" Merradin chuckled.

"I'd rather think I was a connoisseur of many things."

He stepped to his wardrobe, putting a hand on his chin. He shrugged off the towel coveringHe stood at it for a few good moments, considering what he'd wear, before he decided on a blue, long-sleeved shirt with a black fur vest on top. For pants, he chose some black leather trousers. He wore brogue dress shoes, and modestly adorned himself with rings.

As he fastened his belt, he spoke.

"I've had a lot of time to develop my taste for, well, pretty much anything."

He retracted his horns, and went to the other side of his room, where he had a mirror with a washbasin and a small, golden table with grooming supplies on it. He took a little bit of hair oil and started brushing it into his hair, making it nice and neat as he combed to the side.

He looked very much like a normal human now. He turned to her and grinned slightly.

"So trust me when I say that you look marvelous," he said.

"All ready to go?"

DragonSong

Elora chuckled but declined responding to the compliment. She still wasn't quite sure how to take them from him.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she said with a smile and a shrug. "So are we, um..." She waved a hand and sort of winced. "Flying?"

DaGlobster

"I'm afraid so," Merradin said, giving her a lopsided smile. Oh, he could see what the problem was immediately. He slowly stepped back into the central room of his little home and motioned for her to follow him as he continued on and headed outside, stepping out into the little courtyard that was in front of his home.

The few windows inside his "house" let out the occasional view of his treasure hoard around them, but it'd quickly become apparent that the house was little more than an island in an ocean of treasure. The house sat on raised foundations amidst a sea of treasure, a stereotypical dragon's hoard if there ever was one.  fifteen foot tall piles of coins, gems, jewelry, golden objects, the occasional enchanted-looking weapon, and, curiously enough, artwork. Merradin had statues, ornately framed paintings, and other pieces, both ancient and modern.

The hoard was placed in a cavernous chamber.  The only way in and out was a massive opening in the ceiling, but from the current angle she wouldn't be able to see how far up it went.

Merradin kept walking, going out into the center of the courtyard. He looked around in varying directions, eyes scanning his treasure-hoard.

"I know I've got my old saddle around here somewhere..."

DragonSong

She gave a good effort not to just stand gaping for the next ten minutes or so at the splendor around her.

Giving herself a little shake, Elora cleared her throat and tried to focus on Merradin rather than his hoard. "Um...saddle?" She frowned, feeling suddenly awkward. "Are you, ah, sure? I mean... Is that necessary?" There was something a little odd about saddling a creature she would at this point consider herself to be on friendly terms with, if not precisely friends.

Though she supposed she had called Calla her friend.

That was a mistake, thinking of Calla. Her poor horse. She was suddenly on the verge of tears, and quickly whipped her head around in the hopes that Merradin wouldn't notice.

DaGlobster

Unaware of the emotional turmoil brewing behind him, Merradin let out a small chuckle.

"I think you'll find it more than necessary. I'd like to think the ride would be too precarious without it."

Incidentally, he looked behind him, eyes still peering about for the ornate saddle with the insignia of the Adelan crown, when they passed over Elora, continued scanning, and returned to her. The way her head was downturned caught his eye.

"Elora?"

DragonSong

"Fine! I'm fine," she said quickly, automatically, snapping her head up with a surreptitious wipe of her eyes. She forced a smile and tried to focus on searching the hoard for this saddle. "Alright, what exactly am I looking for here? I'm afraid I don't know much about dragon saddles," she chuckled, the sound just a little forced.

DaGlobster

If Merradin had a hunch before, now he knew something was up, but just as she dropped the issue, Merradin saw fit to do the same. He wouldn't want to upset her or anything, so for now, he'd let that lie.

"Well, it's quite like a normal saddle," Merradin snorted, and he took a few steps further away from her.

"Hold on, I'll find it."

And so, forgetting that Elora probably wasn't used to what she was about to see, he was suddenly surrounded by dark clouds, and with a flash of lightning the clouds parted, revealing that he was no longer a man, but now a dragon.

And he truly was legendary in size, even for a dragon. Nonchalantly, he glanced around, and he stepped down from his house's little platform among the riches and started wading through his hoard. Every footstep of his made the earth shudder.

"It might be buried under one of these gold piles, old as it is."

He paused, and looked back at her, turning his head and raising his scaly brows a little.

"It's the one thing I have in here that's made of leather, so it shouldn't be that hard to find."

DragonSong

Elora squeaked- later she would tell herself it was just a sharp intake of breath- and skittered backward from the smoke and lightning. The hair on her arms stood up and she gaped up at Merradin, speechless.

Aside from his rescuing her from the plains, when she had been near delirious with exhaustion, dehydration, and starvation, she hadn't actually seen him in his true form.

It was...certainly a lot to take in.

She tried to shake herself back into focus, looking for the saddle, but she could help giving the dragon a wide berth as she cautiously approached the piles of treasure. "That, uh...right. Leather. I'll just...look for that."

DaGlobster

She'd be able to hear him slow down in his steps. He looked to her more fully, still surprisingly expressive despite that he had a dragon's snout instead of a human face. His features fell slightly, and he raised one of his front claws to his chest. Insecurity was a rather interesting look for a dragon.

"Is... is this too much?"

DragonSong

Well, great. Now she felt bad.

Swallowing thickly, Elora shook her head automatically, then paused. "It-" She sighed and rubbed at her temple, then gave him a sheepish sort of smile. "It certainly is...a lot."

Deep breaths. You've been around dragons all your life. Just because they scare you doesn't automatically make them dangerous. This was Merradin for gods' sakes! If he'd proved one thing in the time she'd known him, it was that he didn't plan to hurt her.

At least not intentionally.

"Can I-" She reached out, then snatched her hand back. Her cheeks flushed a rosy pink and she chewed at her lower lip. "Is it- is it alright if I...touch you?"

That had worked before. He'd allowed her control and the ability to touch him as she pleased, and it had helped her work through the panic that such intimacy would otherwise have raised. Perhaps the same principle could be applied- although to a vastly different situation.

DaGlobster

At her request, his smile returned, and it was with a healthy amount of amusement that he noticed her cheeks flush up.

"But of course," he said. His voice was powerful (unsurprisingly), and whenever he hit his lower tones she'd be able to feel a rumble in the air as he spoke. However, he still sounded very much like his human self, if not grander.

Mindful of his treasure, he lowered himself until he was resting on his belly, much like a cat. He tucked his wings to his side and peered down at her.

"Go on then, I still don't bite."

Tags: