Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Broken Mind (VAL) (Private)

Started by Blink, November 09, 2016, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Her hands had been trembling for days now. Even as she made her way through this cursed ruined city Nashya felt as if shadows were creeping in on her from all corners. "You will be my puppet soon enough" the voice in her head chanted mocking her. "I know you have noticed it. I am able to push through much easier than before. It is only a matter of time..."

Nashya looked defeated as she took into consideration the words her voices were speaking. It was no lie she was quickly loosing control of herself, as if something within her had finally began to break. Perhaps it was her will to keep fighting or just the overall exhaustion of constantly fighting off the dark temptations that constantly lingered.

She looked tired with her hair not so gracefully laying on her back and the bags that had formed under her eyes. Even as she walked her feet dragged a bit on the ground. "I don't know how much longer I can keep this up." she pointed out to no one in particular. So why had she traveled all the way to The Fell? Well, she had finally decided to resort to her final trick. For a long time now Nashya knew of a demon she could summon. A demon that could grant almost any wish, of course with a price.

For so long she was afraid of what the price may be, but now it was a minuscule condition if it got rid of these voices once and for all. Stopping in front of some stone slabs that seemed to be positioned in a circle she took in a deep breath. "This is as good of a spot as any..."

Nashya pulled a dagger from her belt and slit the tip of one of her fingers. With the slow flow of blood trickling out she began to draw symbols on each of the rocks. After finishing she wiped the remaining blood on her gray cloak before reaching into her pack and pulling out a jar of black dust. Carefully she poured it into a circle around her before flinging the glass into the bush.

It was surprising that throughout the entire process the voices remained silent. Taking in another deep inhale Nashya got on her knees in the center of the circle and began to chant in an inaudible language. She had no idea what she was saying... only having memorized the chant from an ancient text. However, the voices in her head began to chime in as if they knew all to well what she was doing. "What do you think you are doing!" they screamed "Do you want us all to die!?"

The voices continued to drag on trying to redirect her attention with no success. As she continued to chant her voice grew louder and harsher with each word, and before long she was done. Lifting her head she looked around to see if she had succeeded.

ValamLym

Demaelia hadn't been able to possess a proper body yet, thus she rested within the confines of her own realm, waiting as time ticked on for a proper opportunity to take possession of someone. It wasn't until much later that she felt the presence, a dark one, much like her own but not quite. It tugged at her, asking her to come.

She seemed to hesitate as she slowly floated up from a tree trunk. Her realm took on many forms, currently, it was that of a haunted forest. She contemplated her options for a moment, until she heard the woman's voice. Instantly, she made up her mind, stepping through the portal the woman was creating with her chanting.

Seconds later, the demon floated just a few inches away from Nashya, a soft smile on her lips as she spread her arms, stretching herself for a moment. She then placed them on her hips, looking at Nashya with her glowing red eyes, her face contorted in a friendly manner. Seconds later, her echoing yet feminine voice was heard ''I heard your summons.'' she paused ''What can I do for such a beautiful young lady?'' floating closer, she'd wrap her arms around Nashya, her nose touching hers as she did.

She simply radiated kindness and love as she continued speaking ''Pleasure, talent.. maybe gold?'' she winked at Nashya as she let her go ''I can offer all of that and more, dear child.. All I want is a little favor in return..'' the sound of the rings on her tail sliding was soon the only thing heard as Daemelia patiently waited for Nashya's wish.

Blink

The being that appeared before her was not at all what she expected. In her mind Nashya had conjured the image of a vile being hellbent on destroying any good in the world. Yet what was before her was a strange looking being, that she knew for sure, but a kind one. She was all but surprised when the woman wrapped her arms around Nashya complimenting her beauty.

Speechless she listened as the woman continued asking what she was summoned for and that there would be a price in return. Nashya lowered herself even further to the ground bowing to the woman before her. "I request you remove the viscous voices in my head... there is an evil that lingers within me that I cannot control. I have tried my entire life to control these dark urges to no avail. It seems that now with each passing hour they are growing stronger. Soon I will no longer be able to keep them at bay."

Her words grew more urgent as she spoke. "Even now they are telling me to send you back. This is how I know I have made the right decision in summoning you. Please help me.... I beg of you to end this suffering in my mind!" Nashya rose from her bowing position, yet still on her knees. "I do not care the price I will have to pay, nothing could deter me from wanting these voices gone!"

The voices in her mind by this point had grown quite persistent. So much in fact she could not understand what they were saying. As if all of them were speaking at once, but one thing was for sure. They were not happy with her summoning this demon and that was all the confirmation she needed to know she was doing the right thing.

ValamLym

Daemelia couldn't help but be intrigued by the situation unwrapping in front of her. Voices in her head? from what she could see the woman seemed to be truly dismayed by this. She could potentially exploit this, but then she'd probably never be summoned again. Rubbing her chin, she pondered if she could take them away entirely without damaging the girls mind.

''Then it is a bargain.'' she simply stated, running a hand through her hair ''I stop the voices from being able to constantly protest and in return... I get to take a look in your memories.'' her request might seem extensive, but for a demon, this bargain was probably the fairest you'd get for this. ''I like to know things about being such as yourselves and your past can teach me that.''

She snapped her finger, a contract forming in her hands. ''Two points, one.. break the contract and you forfeit your soul to me. Second, I cannot entirely remove the voice without damaging your brain.. But I will make it stop.'' with a gesture, the contract hovered over to Nashya. ''Oh, it is signed with blood.'' she clasped her hands together, hiding her eagerness behind a face of pure business.

''Do we have a deal?''

Blink

Nashya listened as the woman spoke of the deal she was about to make. Even with the risks she stated Nashya could not be deterred from her decision, she wanted these voices GONE. It seemed that even the price of sharing her memories seemed minuscule, almost too easy of a price.

"Done.." she stated, her voice lacking with fear.

Without hesitation she pulled one of her daggers from her belt and pricked her finger causing a droplet of blood to form. She didn't even care to read the fine print of the contract, she just wanted these voices gone. Signing Nashya Belvedere in her own hand she pulled her hand back when she finished.

"Now what?" she asked looking at the woman for an answer. "Do you just snap your fingers and poof they are gone and you get to look at my childhood?" Part of her knew that it wouldn't be that easy, she knew it would entail more.

She wasn't even scared of having the woman look at her memories. Nashya lived a happy childhood from her adopted parents, and she was too young to remember her biological ones. Even after her parents died she lived a relatively happy life, with exception of the voices building in her mind. "Good riddance" she whispered to herself, hoping it was the last time she would ever have to argue with herself again.

ValamLym

Daemelia snickered at the woman's comment. No, it would definitely not be so simple. Although, for her, it wasn't much of a feat and there were little risks involved. She took the contract back and let it burst into flame, disappearing into the thin air. ''No, it will definitely not be that simple.. So I advise you to relax.''

She floated closer, grabbing onto Nashya's head with both her hands. She caressed her cheek for a moment before pressing her thump to her forehead. Nashya would feel all kinds of darker powers surge through her, not her own, but Daemelia's, within seconds all traces of the voices were gathered and forced into their own corner of Nashya's mind, stopping them from whispering to her but leaving them intact so that her brain would not suffer heavy trauma.

''There. As I said, they cannot be removed entirely without destroying your mind but you should not hear them anymore, ever again.'' with that, she became corporeal, drifting closer before merging with Nashya. ''Now, for my part of the deal.'' her voice would echo still outside. Nashya could soon feel Daemelia digging through her childhood memories, looking at ''pictures'' and ''videos'' of what Nashya remembered. After about five minutes of this, she re-appeared in front of Nashya rubbing her chin. ''Interesting, you lived quite the positive youth.''

Blink

Nashya did her best to relax as the woman made her way towards her. She flinched slightly as Daemelia placed her hands on her temporal lobes, for some reason expecting an excruciating experience.

Closing her eyes she anticipated the moment when the voices were gone, and surely enough, the began to dissapear. No more chanting, no more whispers.... just no more. She could however still feel them, their dark and evil presence lingering in the back of her mind.

Her thought process was thrown off as memories of her childhood seemed to be surfacing. This must have been Daemelia pulling them from her subconscious. Joyfully she watched as images of a young dark haired girl played in fields of wheat. She giggled, she laughed... she was happy. Another image of the young girl sitting at a table with her mother and father played on. They were talking about anything and everything, laughing about who knew what.

Tears built in her eyes at the memories of her parents. She would never know who here biological parents were, but it didn't matter. The man and then woman from her memories would always be her mother and father. In fact, there were hardly any sad memories of them. Well at least until their sudden death.

Snapping back to reality from the the womans voice she brought a hand up to wipe at the happy tears that had gathered. She nodded at Daemelia's remark about her youth. "Yeah... yeah it was," Oh if life were that easy, to just go back and live as a child. She would trade everything to live one more day with her parents, but that would have to be a deal for another day.

Standing up she brushed the dirt from her knees before holding out a hand. "Is there anything else you want from me? I would do anything for you knowing that you made them stop." it was with her comment she realized how silent it really was now. Her head was her own once more...

ValamLym

Daemelia gently floated closer, cupping Nashya's cheeks in her hands and rubbing away some of her tears. ''I'm glad you're happy with the outcome. Tell your friends!'' she coyly added, followed suit by a wink. Of course, in part she meant it. Nashya telling people that she could be trusted would be making her job a lot easier.

''Hmm.. no, but I feel that there is a thing to forget in your excitement.'' she paused, her tone a bit more serious then normal ''I could not remove the voices without damaging your brain, as such. I moved them back to the deepest darkness recesses of your mind.. you'll never hear their whispers again.'' she paused again ''What this means is that they might try to manifest in ways that are to numerous to predict right now.. '' she put her hands behind her back ''I don't think you should worry too much, but I didn't want to lie to you.''

When Nashya mentioned doing anything for her she giggled somewhat. ''We'll your a pretty girl, a kiss would be lovely.'' she added with yet another of her trade mark winks. ''Seriously though, a bargain made is a bargain kept, you don't owe me anything.'' she smiled ''unless you want something else, then feel free to ask.''

she waited patiently, if she had to be honest she had sort of began to like the individual in front of her, she wanted to know more about her. But she couldn't quite tell if that was mutual and as such kept her lips shut about it for now.

Blink

Nashya merely nodded as Daemelia spoke, acknowledging what she had already confirmed in her own mind. "And if they manifest... could I call on you once more?" Even the thought of her darkest urges surfacing uncontrollably again sent a shiver down her spine.

Her worry had quickly vanished as the woman spoke once more, joking about a kiss. If Nashya could have blushed any harder... her skin may have melted off. "Umm..." she struggled to answer as the woman continued about her not really owing anything more.

"I don't need anything else right now... the only want I ever had was to have the voices gone."

"So.... do others summon you often?" Nashya was curious, having never summoned someone before. She wanted to know if it were more common than she thought. She kicked a foot at the ground as she waited for an answer, pondering if there really was nothing else she wanted from Daemelia.

ValamLym

Daemelia simply smiled, grabbing onto Nashya's shoulders, rubbing them gently with her fingers. ''Anytime.'' she simply stated, her tail happily swishing behind her, the crinkling of ring's echoing through the damned city. She then nodded in response to the woman's statement about not needing anything as of yet.

When she asked whether she was summoned a lot she had to ponder for a moment. ''Most people are frightful of summoning demons.. So not really, it comes with a great deal of risks.'' she floated a bit back, leaning backwards a bit. ''You may sometimes be answered by a less pure demon. Such as sloth or pride.. I'm not saying all Desire demons are lovely, but our interest are often intertwined with yours.'' she floated closer to Nashya again, coiling her tail around her midsection gently, more as a mini hug then anything ''So the next time you need me...'' she flicked her finger, creating a little piece of paper with a summoning ritual explained on it. ''Follow this by the letter and only I can answer.'' she then offered it to Nashya.

Blink

Nashya listened as Daemelia spoke of how others hesitated to summon her. She herself would be lying if she didn't say that she had been expecting something far darker than the woman that appeared. "Well I am glad that you are the one that answered my call then."

Happily she accepted the paper containing the summoning ritual specific to Daemelia. Stuffing it into her bag she looked around at their surroundings. She had been so driven to get the entire act of removing the voices over with that she never really took in what was around her.

"It's so.... odd feeling here." It seemed as if the air in The Fell was ominous. It was as if in the shadows lingered waiting spirits, watching your every move. And then there was the ruins, full of a mystery all in their own.

Looking at the stones that had begun to sink into the earth she could almost make out the structures they use to be. At one point she was sure this used to be a magnificent city that was unfortunately lost with the time.

ValamLym

Daemelia simply nodded as Nashya spoke about their surroundings. ''The barrier's are weak too. Demons can easily pass through here. As well as spirits and the like.'' she nodded in agreement with herself before nudging her head and looking at Nashya ''Are you here all alone?'' it was a silly question since she knew she probably was, but double checking was something she preferred doing over assuming.

Eventually she simply teleported behind Nashya, hoping she wouldn't catch on ''AAAAAAAAH!'' she yelled, hoping to startle the girl. She then promptly began laughing regardless of whether she had been startled or not, slapping her hand on her shoulder and rubbing it gently. ''Sorry.. it was too perfect.'' pulling Nashya into a hug, she couldn't help herself but place a kiss on her neck. ''Close enough for now.'' she stated before letting go of her again.

Tags: