Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Your Nightmares Were Dreams Too... [Blink, ValamLym, Salzem]

Started by Codex, November 19, 2016, 05:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codex

Cyn continued to breath heavily as she leaned her back against the tower, staring at the trio after her spell had finished its work. The silence was only a moment before the demon burst into a fit of rage after being reminded of his past, and proceeded to level the surroundings. At this, she let out a small giggle and wearily stood to her feet, letting the guns in her hands drag them along. She turned to the Skeleton and the young girl who both agreed to help her, but the Elf was being just as stubborn as before. It seemed the woman had nothing of interest in her past that wanted to alter, but her last comment about 'power' made her speak.

"Power is a relative term..." She started "To obtain what you seek, you'll have to dig deeper then the confines of this world. Your power... Your potential... All of it is caged. You'll have to break the natural laws of magic to steal back what reality stole from you since birth!" She giggled. "You were all doomed to fail in your quest to obtain power if that's how you think. But together we can rewrite the natural order of things, and nothing will be able to hold you back..." She finished, hoping her words reached the elf. Hoping what she implied would convince her to see the opportunity before her. After all, Cyn wasn't lying...

She meant every word...

Salzem

"What world do you live on...?" The demon asked, glancing back at the elf as she criticized him. Just as easily, he could grab her by the intestines and rip them straight out her mouth like it was some kind of horror-show... but if all this went south then he was going to need all the help he could get with those not completely loyal to this girl's cause. Whether or not this little knife-eared tree-crawler could see that she was passing up her only real ticket to the power she craves was her business, but surely she could see that making an enemy of a demon who could rip her limb from bloody limb was not the smartest move she could make. In fact, it was rather a dumb one. It must have been that elvish pride that floated about her mind like a noxious gas, corrupting every thought and action she had half a mind to carry out. Sad part was, Demagogue could tell she was comfortable in the pit of her own hubris. Must have been why she wore barely functional armor... Couldn't muster up the courage to be negotiable with the blacksmith no doubt.

"Wait, don't bother answering that... I think I have an idea." The demon said a second after he first spoke. "Well, in any case, welcome to Earth, .......thing where the air is clear, the sky is blue, and nothing is as monotonous as you envision it. If you think demons have "strong wills" as you put it, my dear, you need to think outside the little box you've stuck your head into. " The demon snickered, the chips of all the shattered trees around him forming underneath, coagulating into something akin to that of a barbed throne, every bit of the chair seemingly covered in serrated edges. Demagogue sat down in his seat, the wooden barbs crumbling upon contact with his bones as if they were nothing but air as the demon sat comfortably.

The demon waved his hand nonchalantly, bemused that the little girl still attempted to convert elfy, over here, to her cause.

"Best not bother, girly. She couldn't dig her way out of a sand-box if you gave her a shovel. " The demon didn't bother to look back to see elfy's reaction, now just peering off over the cliff.

Blink

Watching the scene unravel before her as the elven woman still questioned the validity of the situation at hand Nashya took a step back. Flicking her eyes to the demon who seemed overly confident in himself she felt a pang of anger in her chest. Who was he to  speak to a woman with such informality and such... disgrace. Even if he was a demon some common courtesy would have been nice. She could feel the shadows around her feeding off of her own upset in emotions and quickly tried to push the anger away. In doing so she accidentally pushed a little to far and ended up releasing an opening for her other side to take control. The last serious emotion on Nashya's face would be that of an irritated girl rolling her eyes at whatever she knew her other side was about to do.

The first noticeable sign of a change in Nashya was her eyes seemed to fade to a slightly less dark shade of crimson. Looking from side to side the girl's eyes sat wide open in shock. "Whoa..." her voice full of nothing but pure astonishment at everything around her. Then as if her darker side had something to do with it she set her sites on the demon. "Question...." walking towards his semi impressive 'throne' she lifted a finger as if to point something out. "Since your all bones and whatnot... do canines try to eat you?" Tilting her head to the side she stared him down, her tone making it unclear if she was being serious or poking fun at the thing. "... I only ask because you know... bones and dogs... not a good combo if you ask me."

Shrugging her shoulders at him she turned on her foot to face the elven woman and Cyn. "Nice to meet you I'm Nashya... but you already knew that." her voice was lightweight and peppy accompanied with a wink in Keyleth's direction.

ValamLym

Keyleth couldn't help but chuckle as skeleton tried his very hardest to try and mock her, never in her life had she seen someone fail so miserably at it. It was particularly hilarious how he was throwing his little fever pitch because of her remark about demons being strong willed.

She burst into visual laughter when he made his little makeshift seat as if he had won some heated argument. He scored high on her pathetic list and judging from Nashya's response it wasn't an isolated incident. What was he doing anyway? He seemed like a rebellious kid who thought it was clever.

"wow, I am amazed. I never expected this kind of stupidity not even from a demon representing itself as a skeleton.. then again, did your brains rot?" she smirked "I'd laugh at you if you weren't so pathetic... Eh, what the heck I'll laugh anyway." shortly after she began laughing  before whiping a tear from her eye "Go back to hell kid, I'm sure you've got infernal parents to dissappoint."

She then turned her attention to Nashya and Cyn "A pleasure Nashya.. I am as mis clock eye already spoiled Keyleth." she wondered where the womans sudden shift in attitude came from, but paid it no further mind. It was hilarious to see how even she mocked the skeleton now though.

"As for the master plan, I'm in, I was not going to say no to such an oppertunity anyway." she shrugged "I just hope sparky back there can keep his big boy pants on." she nudged her head at the edgy skeleton.

Codex

The clock eyed girl would continue to stand there in the shadows, breathing heavily as the golden glow could be faintly seen coming from the left side of her. She didn't seem to notice or care about the Elf and the Skeleton's feud. After all, her plans never depended on any of them liking each other. This was actually what she would expect from such an odd gathering of people. Because of this, she was prepared. However, the thing that somewhat surprised her was Nashya's change. Cyn could tell there was something off about her, but she didn't expect a personality change. However, this didn't seem to be a bother. As long as the girl was still willing to help Cyn with her plans.

"Heh..." She chuckled softly as the Elf finally agreed to help. Cyn would raise an arm, and slowly step forward with her head hanging down before slumping it on the taller elf's shoulder. Finally looking up into her eyes. "Well then, I'm glad we could see eye to eye." She giggled before letting go and walking past her so that Cyn was standing in them middle of the trio.

"My friends. If we are to be successful in our little adventure... We have much work to do." She said softly. "And more people to recruit..."

Salzem

Demagogue didn't spare the elf-girl a second glance, merely holding a skeletal hand up to his teeth and snickering at her comments, quite amused how much of an arse she was making of herself. Of course, the same might've been said about him but he couldn't be what he did not possess after all. Instead of retorting with something that might have drawn out even more of Key's... intellectual observations, Demagogue turned his attention to the once-silent girl, taking a sort of quiet pride in the fact the first words she spoke to any of them went directly to the demon, good or bad. The skeleton stared down at the girl with an amused grin on his face, one of his eyes bursting back to life in it's sockets as he looked down on her from his wooden throne. She seemed astonished by his form, her expression alone making his presence here all worth while.

"Well... don't tell anybody..." Demagogue whispered, his darkened socket closing in a wink. "But I'm not just bones... And I think the dogs are just now starting to figure that out..." With a flick on his one glowing eye, the skeleton gestured to the little pointed-eared employee. "But, perhaps you are right... Dogs and skeletons aren't exactly the best together, but they're certainly  fun to watch, huh?" The demon let out a soft snicker before turning his attention back towards the little girl who had employed him, the latter declaring that they had a lot to do and more people to bring in if they were to be successful in their little misadventure. True enough, he supposed. They would need more bodies and souls to toss into the furnace if they were ever going to get this plan of theirs moving. Luckily for her and him by extension, one of Demagogue's many plans were coming to fruition, perhaps harvestable in just a few more days... Enough favors and promises of bigger rewards to wonders on civilians who want to live it large... the perfect fodder for what was coming next. Of course, they were in need of skilled labor, but maybe the dog could sniff out something like that.

"Shall we get started then?" Demagogue asked.