Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Reforge a Kingdom From the Past, One Looks to the Future (Open)

Started by Marakai Trin, December 11, 2016, 08:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunbun

The notion of exploring the rest of the Aerie brightened her mood slightly, as well as learning how to use the entrance on her own. She wasn't really in any rush to leave, but it was a rare sight to see Axia pass up the chance to learn something new. However, they wouldn't be able to do any of that until she'd at least gotten some food in her.

"...oh. Well, if you're really sure that you don't need anything to eat, then I guess that's okay. But, I don't want you to go hungry, especially after you went through the trouble to bring me all of this. Even if you're just trying to be helpful... it'd just make me feel guilty. I don't want you to go neglecting your own needs just so you can help me."

In that moment, she came off a little more stern then she'd intended, but she meant everything she said. It drove her crazy when people sacrificed their own happiness for her sake, mostly because it happened much more often then she'd like. After she was convinced that she'd gotten her point across, she turned her attention back towards the contents of the tray in front of her- most notably, the knife and the fork. She still had no clue what they were used for, but considering the fact that she'd never had to use them before, they were probably used to do things she was only capable of in draconic form. Most of the pieces of meat were too big to fit in her mouth, and even if she managed to do so, her teeth seemed much less suited for tearing them apart. That must be what the knife was for- its serrated edge could function similar to the teeth of a carnivore, cutting apart food into much more manageable portions.

Having discovered the purpose of the knife, Axia went to pick it up, twirling it around in her hand for a few seconds before looking down at the fork. Its purpose was less obvious than the knife's, but eventually (after several failed attempts at getting the knife to do its job) she figured out that she could use it to keep whatever she was cutting in place, as well as getting it to her mouth without making a mess of her fingers. The process was slow going at first, but it sped up over time as she refined the movements while she ate. And boy, did she eat. Much more than a human could be expected to eat, anyways.

Axia cleaned off nearly the entire tray before finally setting it aside, looking up at Marakai and giving him an energetic smile. Getting something to eat had gone a long way in improving her mood, and it showed in her demeanour.

"Alrighty, then. Sooooo, where do you think we might find some of those clothes? I don't mean to complain, but the sooner I can get something to wear, the better."

Marakai Trin

"Really, Axia, I'll be fine. Just as soon as I'm sure you can get around on your own, I'll worry about me. Trust me, as large as this place is, the solitude can be...suffocating, at times. I don't want to put you through that, especially when you can't get out, yet."

Marakai smiled when she began to eat, and she managed the fork and knife much better than he'd expected. He was nearly surprised with the gusto that she ate with, and realized that perhaps she'd worn herself out more than he'd expected.

He almost offered to go and find more for her, but then she set everything aside and he could see the look of contentment and her smile. He returned the smile with a wide grin.

"Well, we'll just have to go and look, then. Do you feel up for a little walking?"

Bunbun

As much as she wanted Marakai to go out and get something to eat, she couldn't deny that she wouldn't want to be left alone with no way to leave. The notion of being trapped anywhere made her anxious, but for some reason it felt a little different this time around- perhaps being in an unfamiliar form made her feel more vulnerable than usual. In any case, if the only way she could convince him to take care of himself was to convince him that she could move fine by herself, then she would do just that.

"Yeah, of course! I'm always up for more practice. It should be a little easier now that I've got some energy back, too."

She nodded vigorously, before sliding her legs to the side so that they were hanging over the side of the bed. There was some hesitation as she began to lower herself down, and then a sudden pause as she pulled on the blanket and wrapped it around herself, creating a sort of makeshift robe. Only afterwards did she finally make contact with the ground, her feet gingerly brushing against the floor then pressing against it fully in order to support her weight. Once again trying to get used to her legs, she stumbled over to Marakai, seemingly oblivious to the potential tripping hazard she'd created with the blanket. She didn't ask for any help either, at least not immediately- it wasn't like she could always depend on someone else to help her stay upright. That being said, it probably wasn't the right time to try walking on her own... not that she was going to admit that.

Tags: