Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Forgotten Figurines (Private)

Started by Blink, January 02, 2017, 06:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Why she was still here she did not know. She had convinced herself days ago she would leave these woods and never look back, but part of her deep down kept her here. After the demon Daemelia wiped whoever it was from her memories she realized it would probably be best not to see them again. She had been waiting in these woods before that... for that person. It was all so stupid looking back on it now, waiting for someone when they should have been the ones waiting on her.

The once sweet young wolfen girl was now colder than she ever had been before. She was cold, disheartening... brutal. Without the memories that were taken from her she never knew love or concern. As far as she was concerned all werewolves could rot in hell. What had they ever done for her anyways? What she could remember she used to be very determined on saving them all one by one. "Stupid."

Swinging a pack over her shoulder she looked back at the forest behind her. She had been hanging at the edge and now it was finally time to cross the line. "Oh" she said to herself pulling her bag back off and sifting through it for a moment. After a few minutes she pulled out a small hand cared wolf figurine and stared at it for a moment. She couldn't remember how she got it but now looking it she saw how pointless something like this was. Closing her bag back up she swung it over her shoulder again with the figurine still in her hand. Walking back into the edge of the forest one more time she set the figurine on a stone protruding from the earth giving it one last good look before turning her back. "Good riddance..."

And with that she started making her way out of Niahi woods and towards god knows where.

Jace

Dark. Damp. Warm. Something hard pressing into the bare skin of his back. That was all he could tell about where he was when Jason had finally come to. The last thing he remembered was shifting back into human form after a nice long run before being hit hard in the head and blacking out. It was so strange for him to be caught off guard like that. His sense of smell and reflexes were of the highest caliber he had ever known any werewolf to possess.

It took a minute, but finally the alpha's eyes were beginning to adjust to the darkness. A dim light pierced the distance not bright enough for any normal being to see, but with his wolf's eyes everything gradually came into focus. Apparently he was on the floor of some dark cave. He stood up checked himself over quickly and found no wounds of any kind. "How strange..." he said aloud. He let all of his senses take in the environment around him, finally deciding that he was in fact alone. He began running toward the source of the light, shifting into his wolf form just as he rounded a corner to see a small opening to the outside world. With no time to spare he darted out of the cave and immediately recognized his surroundings. "At least I'm still in the forest." he thought.

Almost out of pure instinct he began running at full speed, weaving himself gracefully through the trees as he headed toward the small clearing he had made his home. Then a familiar scent drifted into the wolf's nose and he halted to a stop. Karida. It was undoubtedly the scent of his mate. The one person he so longed to see. Maybe she could explain what had happened to him.

He took off instantly in the direction of her scent, the joy of being able to see her building inside of him as he grew ever closer. He finally caught sight of her right at the edge of the woods. He picked up his pace running faster than even he thought he could, skidding quietly to a stop behind some trees just a few feet away from the girl. From his position he could see her clearly, but she wouldn't have been able to see him. It wasn't like not being able to see him would be a problem though, he knew she would recognize his scent immediately just as he had recognized hers. But wait. Something was wrong. She had placed the wooden wolf figurine that Jason had made for her on the ground and began to turn away as if she were leaving. Without thinking the alpha moved toward Karida, shifting as he did so. "Karida!" he said louder than he had intended. "Wait. Where are you going?"

Blink

She could smell him before she heard him, the boy calling out her name. The moment he did say her name though she knew he was the one she was forced to forget or someone connected to them. No one else would simply greet her so unformally unless they knew her or were someone attached to the memories of the person she had been forced to forget.

"What..."

This was all she could say in response to the person she did not know. Maybe she would play along, act as if she had forgotten nothing. Maybe this was just someone who was connected and didn't know her very well. So turning around she stared down the boy before her, he was a looker that was for sure. "I am leaving. No sense in being here anymore." Even if she thought she was pretending to act like she knew this person she was failing miserably. The Karida that stood before Jason now was so much colder, her eyes angry, her posture unforgiving. No more was she the lighthearted young wolf girl, instead she was someone who never new compassion, never knew love, never knew any kind of helping hand period.

"This place stinks of you and those like you. Werewolves are pathetic creatures, selfish, they only look out for themselves." She couldn't help but smirk as she crossed her arms over her chest and shifted her weight onto one of her legs. "Hence why I am doing the same. Looking out for myself and only myself." Turning back away from him she slung her bag over her shoulder for what felt like the millionth time. "... tell whoever that stupid figurine belongs to keep it, I don't want it."

Jace

What was going on? This wasn't the Karida that Jason had fell in love with. This wasn't that kindhearted and peaceful girl that he had spent so much time with. How long had he been missing? What could have happened to turn her so cold and distant now.

"What do you mean you're leaving..?" he asked softly as he began to step closer to the girl. Then her next words made him stop in his tracks. She really didn't remember him carving that wooden wolf figurine so thoughtfully for her....This was wrong. This was very very wrong.

"Karida..." this time he made it all the way to her, his hand gently grabbing her arm as her back turned on him and her bag now rested over her shoulder. "You know I made that for you. What happened? I remember sitting up all night talking to you about our pasts and our pain before falling asleep in each others arms. Now here I find you walking away from it all. Walking away from the pack that we were starting, from our dream of watching over all the troubled wolves that passed through so that they would never have to go through what we did. Please...talk to me..."[/color] he pleaded. The love and concern were more evident in his voice than anything. If the girl turned around she would see tears starting to well up in the alpha wolf's eyes. Tears for her...

Blink

The branches cracking under his feet alerted Karida to how close he was getting. Even still she tried to keep walking and ignoring him but did not get far before he grabbed her arm. She was frozen in her tracks the moment his skin touched hers, as if for some reason the universe was trying to say something to her. Karida could feel her heart turn to mush in a matter of seconds and that scared the living daylights out of her

Yanking her arm away from him the moment his hand was no longer touching her the feeling that was building had all but vanished. "I don't know who made that for me. I don't remember sitting up all night and talking to you." It would be a lie if she said that did not sound nice, but still to her it never happened. "I especially don't believe that I ever agreed to help you build a pack. Why would I do that? Wolves have done nothing but abandon me my entire life. What reason could I possibly have to ever want to help?"

By now she was completely turned now facing him, her blue eyes locked with his watery hazel ones. The agitated state she was in had all but evaporated from the moment he touched her, but instead was replaced with one of confusion and pain. Why did talking to him hurt so badly? It felt as if her heart was going to break right there staring at him as tears of his own began to well. "If we were so close then why is it everytime I look at you I feel my heart break over and over again? If I ever loved you, you broke my heart." Lifting her hand she placed it over her chest as if to protect it from any further damage. "I don't know you anymore. All I know is that I was here waiting for Simone that never came. If you were that person then shame on you for making me wait. And if you are not well, then we are simply wasting time talking about this. There is nothing to keep me hear anymore."

Karida wanted to turn around again, she wanted so badly to just go back to walking right out of the forest.. but she couldn't. Her feet were nearly glued to where she stood, her eyes still locked on his. It was as if this was a form of personal torture all in its own. Seeing this boy standing here with such a look in his eyes. He had to be the one she was forced to forget, no one else would have this much of an effect on her. "If it helps... I did not lose my memories willingly. They were taken from me." Her voice had softened a bit as she began to feel bad for him. "So I'm sorry but I don't remember you, I remember nothing of anything we could have done or had planned to do."

Jace

He could hear the hurt in her voice as she spoke. He could hear the quickening beat of her heart, see her pupils dilate. He could smell the the confused emotions going on within her. It broke his heart, probably into more shattered pieces than hers was in right now. He couldn't hold back the tears in his eyes anymore. They began to steadily stream down his cheeks and he let them drip from his chin onto the forest floor.

"How..?"

The alpha couldn't even comprehend what she had just told him. Her memories had been stolen from her. Even worse than that..he had broken her heart! Jason had assumed he was only gone for a few days, but now he was certain it had to have been much, much longer. How would he have felt if their roles were reversed and Karida was the one that had just vanished like that? He couldn't honestly answer that question.

"We've been through so much together. After we met rescuing that monstrous and old werewolf you came to my den in this forest. I gave you that wolf carving that I had crafted by hand for hours for you.." he said, a clear tone of heartbreak in his voice now. The tears continued to flow as he spoke, but his voice remained level. "We told each other about our pasts. How my entire pack was decimated and I was helpless to stop it. How you were enslaved and abused before finally escaping. We were in sync on multiple emotional levels. So much.......so much so that we...we fell in love.." The words grew quieter as he spoke.

"After that you stayed here with me and we were happy. We ran together every morning and every night. Whenever a stray wolf passed through the forest you helped me to shelter and care for them, offering for them to join our pack. None of them ever stayed, but we were glad to just be able to help keep them safe. Now it seems your memories were stolen from you...something that should never have happened." His tone grew harder now, his face taking on a determined expression as he passionately grabbed her hands in his. "I promise you I WILL get your memories back. Please, just stay with me and let me help you..please..."

Blink

Karida merely blinked at the tears streaming down the man's face. She had to keep her resolve, she had to remember that her memory being wiped was a good thing, or so she was told. Even listening to them tell a story of their lives together, despite how hard she tried, none of it sounded familiar. She could not deny though how his retelling of her past upset her. It was like someone else telling you that you did something, a one-sided explanation. But then he told her about her own past... this she remembered.

From there he pleaded with her to stay, told her that he would help her get her memories back. Then his skin touched hers once more and that overwhelming sense of heartbreak swept over her again along with a sense of warmth. Shaking her head she stepped back again, pulling her hands from his her expression had changed once again, she was still upset but also clearly angered by his proposal. "Who says I want them back! You may be right, we may have been in love. But love is blinding. It makes you do stupid things and act on impulse. For goodness sake from what I have been told I was hear for months waiting for you! Months of me just wasting away my life waiting for someone, a-and I didn't even know if you were coming back. What if you never did... then what? I would have died in this forest waiting for you. Thank god that demon came and freed me from yet another one of my own personal hells!"

The wolfen girl was very back and forth with her emotions. One moment she was calm, the next angry, then on the turn of a dime broken and confused. Her voice softened once more as she continued on. "I can't stay for you. Because when you touch me it's like a thousands knives stabbing me in the heart over and over again only to be followed by a warm feeling rebuilding it. In a matter of seconds it happens at least a thousand times over."