Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Battle Royale [gawfyguy]

Started by PotatoLion, January 25, 2017, 02:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PotatoLion

Kasa had just finished making her camp, a fair distance from the road in the wilds. She had a fire pit, ready and waiting to be filled with a campfire, and a small shelter made of strong sticks and foliage that had fallen on the ground. Something small and temporary to keep her comfortable for a night or two before wandering off to travel again. She took in a deep breath, the air had a clean smell to it thanks to the rivers that ran through the area. She sat herself down by her camp fire, the sun would be setting soon, so she should probably get it lit...Wait...

She paused. Her head craning up when she heard a loud 'clang' of metal on metal. Her brow furrowing she'd stand and quietly jog towards the sound, staying a short distance from the road, hiding behind trees and bushes as the sound grew closer, and with the sounds of people and shuffling. There she saw it, someone in dark armor trying to fend off against three men who were dressed in a motley collection of armors and furs, most likely bandits or highway men looking to take from the impressively adorned knight. Kasa frowned softly, while he seemed to be handling his own alright, having three people attacking you by yourself would be a hassle for anyone. She'd look around her, finding a tree that leaned over the road, she'd climb up it. The noise of the fight giving enough cover for her to scale the tree without bringing attention to herself.

Once on a branch over the fight she'd take a small, light tomahawk with a blade made from sharpened stone from her sheath that was tied to her thigh. She'd wait a moment, seeing one of the men try to circle around and try to attack from behind, she'd drop down, grasping the branch and swinging her feet to give a surprise kick to the side of the bandits head and shoulders. Sending him to the ground in surprise, looking dazed by the sudden blow from the tiny Skin-Walker swinging down from the tree. She'd let go of the branch and land, giving a swift kick to the back of his head to knock the man out before turning to see how the rest of the fight was progressing

Gawfy

Janne Parried the strikes as they came at him, Some grazing off of his limbs and torso armor. They where starting to wise up to his tricks one coming at him from the left with a stab and another coming from the right with an overhead ax swing. Janne caught swipe with one of his own and reached out for the axe and grabbed it as he swung it downward cutting his armor and eating into his hand. He gritted his teeth as he did so noticing the third man Came from behind with an axe of his own. But a Brown flash moved out of the tree and dealt a blow to the man. While they where distracted he Let go of his sword to deliver a powerful haymaker into the Axe man's Face sending teeth and viscera into the air. The other man not hampered struck into Janne's left side. Seemingly Unphased Janne twisting around to Deliver a strike to the man's head Though this one was wearing a helm it did not matter As it Crumpled under his back hand denting inward as Janne felt a bone bread under his hand. The man fell to the Ground as Janne turned to see who or what helped him sword still in his side.

PotatoLion

Kasa's brows rose in surprise as the knight seemed to quickly deal damage to the last two. Wincing as she heard the sickening cracks of the final blows being dealt to each one.  he eyes flicking over to the hand that tried to catch a blade with a small frown. That would certainly hurt in the morning..and now. It probably hurt now as well. When the night turned, Kasa looked to him and offered a wide grin, slipping her tomahawk away back into its sheath and waved to the man. "Eh...Heard noise. Came to offer help." She'd speak in broken Common. She'd hold her hand out to offer a shake before pulling her hand away, remembering his injury as she looked at it again. "Eh...Should fix, no?" She'd ask simply and with concern.  However, still remaining her safe distance from the stranger until she was sure he wouldn't be a threat to her as well.

Gawfy

Janne grunted as he pulled the sword from his side then the axe from his hand. Thank you for you assistance. He held his hand out for a handshake. Name is Janne, as for the injuries they will heal in due time He now looked over to the man she dealt with You didnt kill him did you?

PotatoLion

She'd give a small nod and a prideful grin as he thanked her. Seeming pleased that she could offer her help. He moved around his axe and sword before sticking out his hand for a shake and introducing himself as Janne. She would reach out to grasp his hand and shake, smiling warmly. "This one is Kasa." She'd introduce herself before letting his hand go.

"You didn't kill him, did you?" He'd ask her as he looked over to the man passed out on the ground near her feet. She'd shake her head and moving her foot over to his head and gave it a gentle nudge, causing the man to groan sorely. "Nope. This one does not like to kill." She'd say simply before looking over to the people he dealt with. She pressed her lips tightly together as she studied them. "...And yours?"

Gawfy

Janne looked back at the men he hit. They shouldn't be dead, though one might have trouble eating; felt like i broke his jaw. he said as he shook his hand. whats the name of the lady who helped me out? He asked

PotatoLion

She took in a soft hissing breath as she rubbed her jaw and chin. Yeesh. That's gonna hurt. She would think to herself before brought to attention by Janne the Knight's question, "What's the name of the lady who helped me out?"

She perked her brow at this. Having introduced herself already, but, perhaps he just couldn't hear her under the helmet. Helmets looked pretty stuffy and uncomfortable. She'd smile warmly to him and give a small bow. "This one's name is Kasa. Good to meet.." She straightened herself up and looked over the knight. Her eyes falling on the injured hand again, then to the sky, the sun having dipped further behind the horizon. "Hmm... Knight Janne follow this one. She has camp ready, might as well join yes?" She'd offer...Well, less so 'offer' but more so 'suggest'. She didn't seem to wait very long to hear his opinion because she was turning to lead him through the brush. "Let us go, while sun still grace us, yes? This one can see in dark well, but she does not know if Knight Janne can." She'd call back to him as she took quick steps through the brush and trees towards her camp.

Gawfy

Janne shook his head to her words and followed her back to her campsite. The Sun had almost had danced away from the horizon. A question Kasa, How did you know they where attacking me and not the other way around? I could have started that fight for all you know. He asked as he walked behind her

PotatoLion

Kasa was quick as she moved through the woods. Occaisonally stopping to look back and make sure she didn't loose the dark knight before continuing forward.

"A question, Kasa." He began. Kasa slowed her steps to walk alongside him, looking to him to show he got her attention. "Hm?" She hummed curiously.

"How did you know they where attacking me and not the other way around? I could have started that fight for all you know." He asked. She seemed to grin at this, looking forward as she answered. "She could tell by different things.-" She brought her hand out, splaying out her fingers and placed a finger on her pointer finger, as if to begin counting. "- As this one understands, knight supposed to follow strict moral code. So he would not...er...should not hurt another unless provoked." She moved her finger to the next, continuing this as she listed off her reasons. "Smell. Janne smells as if he has been around many areas before. Lots of travel. Bandits smell of the lands they favor. Sticking to small area that they like to cause trouble in. And by fact you were alone. This one...Does not know many who would start fight by self between three men....Unless they drunk." She'd conclude, letting her hands drop to her sides. "Also, it is lucky guess." She would admit with a laugh. "Always chance that this one is wrong." She freely admitted to the knight.

It wouldn't be long after her explaination that they would reach the small camp site. Kasa reached to her side to a small pouch where she kept some flint rocks. Gathering up some leaves for tinder and stuffing them into the spots between the twigs and sticks that she had already gathered before striking the rocks a few times to produce a spark. Slowly breathing life into the camp fire. "Well. Make self at home." She'd say casually, taking a seat on the ground.

Gawfy

Janne nodded in amazement as she listed these reasons off as he took a seat. You must have a very good sense of smell! He said as he dug through one of his knapsacks necklace dangling Over The sack. I thought you might Attack me, A lot of people dont like the church around here. Janne pulled a bottle of whisky from his bag and held it out with his now healed hand. Care for a drink?

PotatoLion

She gave a grin of pride, reaching up to softly tap the side of her nosecond softly. "This one being downwind made it easier thankfully." She'd explain. Moving her satchel from her back to the floor next to her. Listening to his thoughts about her possibly attacking him due to his affiliation with the church. She smirked at him, eying the necklace with curiosity. "While this one is not fan of church, she has learned that is unwise to judge one on the action of many others." She'd explain as she reached into her satchel for some dried meats to eat.

"Care for a drink?" She heard him call. She'd look up curiously, spotting and smelling the scent of whiskey. Her eyes shined with intrigue, but she hesitated. "Hmm......sure. Small drink won't harm this one" she saod, finally caving in and holding her hand out for a sip.

Gawfy

Gonna warn you now that if you drink too much your throat will Burn! he said with a hearty chuckle So what are you doing out here Kasa? Beast and man around these parts are all much too common to be traveling alone he asked as handed the bottle to her

PotatoLion

She gave a confident grin, a bit over confident as she took the flask of whiskey in her small tanned hand. "Pffft. This one is always careful!" She exclaimed. Tilting her head back for a sip. Only to pull the flask from her lips and sputter. Waving her hand in front to of her mouth, "ack, galyvsv!" She muttered quickly with a small whine.

Welp. She should've heended his warning better.

Once she calmed herself down and handed the flask back to him without another sip. "Ahem. Eh, thank you for drink." She thanked rather lamely and gave a sheepish grin. "Ah, and to answer question; She has spent most of life in forest. She is used to dangers with it...And handles it well! Better than drink, for sure!" She'd respond with a sudden burst of returned confidence. Smiling as she pet her Coyote pelt fondly. "The beasts are easier to handle. And this one gets confused in cities really easily." She shifted how she was sitting to lay on her side by the fire, her head propped up by her hand. Her lips skewed to the side with thought, looking up to the knight with a perked brow. "Now why does Janne travel by himself? He has already ran into dangers of the wild roads.." She paused a moment as she studied him; Curious to why he hadn't at least taken off the helmet as they were relaxing. The armor couldn't be that comfortable? "Why still wear armor? Remove helmet! Relax! This one will protect from the bandits" She would say with a smirk, her tone obviously jesting.

Gawfy

You move faster Traveling with one person! He said after a nice fit of hardy laughter from Kasa's rejection of his drink. I would like to remove my helmet, but unfortunately i cant or would rather not. He said as he got his bottle back and took a drink. I see you are a fan of the lighter armor he said as he eyed her outfit assuming it was leather armor.

PotatoLion

Kasa gave a small cough as she recovered from the strong drink, unable to help but grin at seeing the man find amusement in her minor freak out. It was pretty funny. She perked a curious brow at his choice of words, he couldn't remove his helmet? How curious...

"I see you are a fan of the lighter armor." He said, as he looked over her outfit, which, one probably wouldn't guess off the bat that it was leather armor. it just looked buckskin clothing, similar to what a reclusive mountain-man would wear. But she grinned and nodded. "Yes yes. But she like to keep hidden. More surprise to bandits" She'd admit, rolling up her shirt just a few inches to show that there was pieces of tougher leather underneath her clothes. Not like a full set of armor. Just broken up into pieces to allow for easier movement while still offering some form of protection. She'd reach across with her other hand and tap the tough and worn down leather before rolling her shirt back down and smoothing it out and fixing the coyote pelt that rested on her shoulders. She'd grin up to the knight. "Make easier to move, yes? Swing down from trees and kick bandits." She'd say with an animated little kick and a laugh.

Gawfy

Yes i imagine it would! He said and laughed as he saw her do her little kick. After a little while the laughter died down. This total stranger was being so nice to him the least he could do was to show his face. I was lying a little when i said i couldn't take this off. He said as he got a firm grip on the helmet and pulled. The pain was tremendous as his skin felt like it was being torn off as he slowly pulled his helm off of him with a wet tearing noise proceeding, but alas no skin was actually torn after a few seconds of pulling he was able to wrestle the helm off of his head. His long hair dropped as he threw the helmet down and begun painting to counter the pain.

PotatoLion

Kasa would blink with curiosity as she watched him remove his helmet. The mundane movement shouldn't have captured her attention as much as it did. But the strange and disturbing sound of skin tearing cause her to watch with somewhat wide eyes.

Now why in the name of the spirits would that happen? It was quite an audible sound too.

She opened her mouth to speak. But quickly closed it. Her words having not yet reached her. She remained quiet another moment, before she perked a worried brow. "Is...Janne ok?" She asked slowly. Unsure exactly what to ask.

Gawfy

Janne lifted his head up and felt a breeze on his bare skin, a sensation scarcely felt and began to smile. In a heroic voice he bellowed Never better!  As he grabbed his drink and took a hearty swig. I am dreadfully sorry you had to witness that, the armor sticks to me and is very difficult to manage at times. He said with a smile on his face. So Kasa Where are you from?

PotatoLion

She flashed a wide grin. He looked and sounded alright. Chuckling softly as he downed a large sip of the strong stuff. "I am dreadfully sorry you had to witness that, the armor sticks to me and is very difficult to manage at times." He explained with an ever-present grin. She gave a small 'Ah' of understanding and nodded, tilting her head as she eyed the armor. Perhaps it was time to invest in a new set? Something that didn't stick in such away. It couldn't be easy to move if the armor latches to you. "So Kasa, Where are you from?"

She perked up at the question and gave a warm smile. "To the south, from a nomadic tribe of people, but we mostly stick to south within forests." She explained, giving a sheepish grin. "This one  has...Not much experience with big cities. Has not explored much yet. Very eh...Disorient." She'd attempt to explain, waving her hands around her head to signal her confusion when she's in the cities, since her words were probably not the best way to explain.

"What about Janne? Where he come from? Said you work for church, yes?" She asked, eyes shining with curiosity as she scooted herself closer to the fire for warmth. The sun having long since past below the horizon

Gawfy

Well janne is from a little village in serendipity. He said as he put the drink down next to him. Cities are not my forte either so do not worry kasa, I much perfer a smaller venue. Janne looked at the sky as it was now black as pitch,The moon and the stars being the only thing lighting up the horizon.  Think we should get more wood for the fire? He asked