Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dragons and Riders [Private]

Started by TheHopeseeker, January 27, 2017, 01:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHopeseeker

Tahir gritted his teeth at that, closing his eyes as he tried to rally some winning arguement, but nothing would come forth. Letting out a heavy breath, he decided to throw caution to the wind, opening his eyes again to meet Kaida's gaze head on. "Look, it's clear no matter what I say, you aren't going to agree with me, so you may as well just get on with it and do whatever you're going to do. If you plan to kill me, do it, I'm already half dead anyway." He spoke bluntly and without wavering, his eyes locker on hers and his mind closed to Riy's cries of alarm.

Blink

From the moment the man asked her to do the one thing she thought she wanted most she was frozen, stuck in this glaring war for who knows how long. He had won.. he called her bluff. Of course she was bothered by him, but the dragon asked her not to harm him and that meant more to her than most would have thought. To Kaida dragons were the ultimate species, the only worthy one in existence.

Standing there she continued to stare at him, not quite sure what to do with herself now so instead she opted for the one thing she was good at.. belittling someone. "So what kinda of idiot asks to die?"

TheHopeseeker

Tahir watched her calmly the full duration of her mental battle, his eyes never wavering from her face. He saw the moment her shoulders slumped, even if it was only a little, and maybe a little of the ire drained from her eyes. He relaxed, then, not realising how tense he had been until his muscles, already sore and achy, started screaming at him.

Letting out a small huff, he shook his head, a tiny smile playing at his lips, "A desperate one?" He replied bluntly, feeling Riy starting to relax too as they both realised that the only threat Kaida would be to them, thanks to Riy, was to damage their pride. Or his pride, specifically.

Blink

Not able to contain herself the young dragoness kicked some dirt at the man at his response. "Clearly desperate indeed." She then turned her attention back to Riy "I think the least you could have done is choose a less stupid human." Her voice was monotone as she spoke, no humor all seriousness.

"If you let me kill him I will find you a better one at least if you insist on being ridden like livestock."

TheHopeseeker

Riy snorted at that, shaking her large head with a slight up curl of her lips, "He may be foolish, but he is still mine." she replied, moving over to nudge Tahir gently, "How badly are you hurt?" She probed, her eyes watching him sternly.

"I'm not sure; my heads kind of fuzzy and..my back hurts." The blond replied, still watching Kaida curiously. Letting out a huff of air, Riy turned towards the elder dragon, respect in her eyes as she spoke, "Would it be too much to ask that you help us? Both me and my rider are injured, and therefore cannot simply leave. Take my word, we would have if we could have."

Blink

Still able to understand Riy even in her human form Kaida smirked at the request. Crossing her arms once more she shifted her weight and allowed for a long pause before responding. "I don't know what you expect me to help you with. I can't do anything... even if I could not sure I would want to."

Even if it seemed she was being cruel Kaida was being brutally honest. What could she really do to help them? Her abilities were meant to destroy, dismantle.. intimidate. Nowhere in her arsenal was their a trick to heal, mend or fix. Honestly, she was not even that strong as far as brute force was concerned. Her dragon form was only slightly larger than Riy's cancelling out any possibility of carrying them somewhere. Even then if she could there was no where to carry them to. Nothing but miles of forest in these parts.

"Your best option would be to stay put until you know that your pet human is not going to die. His wounds seem pretty amazi-.... I mean his wounds look dire." Taking in a deep breath she looked up to the sky, then sun about 3/4 of the way through its daily appearance. "I can however offer solace in my company. I have nothing better to do anyways, and if another dragon attacked you perhaps you could use some protection. Would be a complete waste to have a dragon as young as you perish before your full potential is reached."

TheHopeseeker

Riy frowned at thus response, turning her gaze to the sky herself. Evening was fast ensconsing them, the sun speeding for the opposite horizon. Nightfall would arrive even further in the depths of the forest, she knew. Heaving a deep sigh, she turned back to Kaida and simply nodded, "I thank you, even if onky for your company."

If they could last the night, their unit would surely come looking for them. The trail of destruction they had blazed woukd be easy enough to follow,  once the Riders got into the air. Thus she was brought back to the main problem at hand. Shifting her gaze to Tahir, she frowned, moving over to settle herself at the human's side, careful of her own wounds.

" Tahir, how bad are yiur injuries, truthfully?" She probed gently, nudging his apparent uninjured arm as she did. Tahir shifted, still watching Kaida with a mix of wariness, weariness, and quiet curiosity, "I'm not gonna die from a night out in the cold, if that's what you're worrying about. Just look after yourself, 'kay?"