Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bloodied Soil (OPEN)

Started by Sheshia, January 31, 2017, 04:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

"How did we get ouraelves into this mess Hili?" Iklira asks her best friend who she trusted with her life. He looks at her and snorts with a bit of smoke coming from his nose. His stripes glowed a green color giving Ilkira enough light to see her surrounding. The cell was just big enough to give them room to walk around but not enough room for them to try to help eachother escape. How they got there both of them could not remember. The only thing they did remember was that they went to a tavern. Got a drink and then passed out. When Ilkira came too she saw that Hilikum was chained down in all directions. His tail, legs, neck and even his lovely patterned wings were tied up. Ilkira was not in a better possion since she was pretty chained up also. So tight that every time she tried to wiggle or move (even when she was drugged) the cuts on her wrists would cut open again. So she stopped struggling.
Hilikum nudged his head closer to Ilkira and she sniled and stopped with the struggle with a sigh. "Can someone help us!?" She yelled out in desperation and a few seconds later Hilikum's slight distress chirps followed. If they could not get out of the dungeon soon they would have to fight to get out eventually.

JackieCat

'Can someone help us?'

The call echoed through the passageways, bouncing off of the walls until it hit the ears of a figure crouching in a corner.  His pointed ears caught the sound, and he shook his head in dismay.

"Idiot," he muttered under his breath. They're captured, and they think calling for help with save them?  The only people who are going to hear are their captors.  And me, of course.  Anyway. . .'

Faelis was not in a particularly good mood today.  His day had started with his night, actually, when he had barely gotten four hours of sleep out of nearly forty-two hours.  Then he found that he was almost out of his eye lining khol, and there was no place to buy(or steal) the good stuff for miles.  That in itself wasn't particularly horrible, but then he had been almost caught by the city guard(due to the fact that he had hardly slept at all the night before.  He had been beaten half to death by them by the time he had escaped, so now he was sore and bruised as well as tired.

He turned back to what he was doing, which was bending a small wire into the correct shape for picking a lock.  He held up the finished product to the light, his golden eyes taking in his work.

Satisfied, he stepped out of the alcove he was in and turned to the door next to him.  He slipped the pick into the lock and jiggled it around a bit, there was a soft click, and the door swung open.
He peered around the door and slipped inside.  He swore softly, however, upon seeing what lay in the room.  Not money, that's for sure.

"Should've known there wouldn't be anything good in here," he snarled to himself. "Anything better would have had better security!  You should know better, you've broken in here before!"

The small room appeared to be an office, and Faelis rifled through the drawers anyway, he was here, wasn't he?  May as well make the best of it.
He was pleased to find someone's purse of coins, but nothing else besides papers.  Before he left the office he debated whether or not to go and look for anything more valuable.

"Better not," he said to himself. "This day has been bad enough, I don't need to get thrown into the fighting pit. . ."

So he left the room, making sure to close and lock it behind him, and started down the hall.

He didn't think of the voice again until he came to one of the cell-blocks of the Colosseum.  This part of the cells were obviously hardly used, as all the cells were empty.  Save one.

"You didn't happen to be calling for help before, did you?"  He stopped in front of the cell, peering inside at the two bound figures within, may as well get something interesting out of this day, even if it was just talking to some prisoners.  Usually quite collected with his appearance, Faelis was just not in the mood today, and while the swelling was completely gone, the large bruise over his right eye did nothing to make his bored and tired expression any more welcoming.

(OOC: Sorry for the long reply! :P)
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Sheshia

(Ooc: It cool. I like the detail)
Hilikim husses deeply. He obviously did not trust the new comer. Ilkira glares at him and nudges him with her foot, "He might be here to help us you fluff ball!" Though she couldn't blame him. They were chained up after all and had no idea where they were regarding location and why.
"Yes sir." She was just able to see him with Hilikum's lighting. From what she could tell her was an elf and that was about it. Boy did she wish that he eyes were as good at seeing in the dark like Hilikum.
"Where are we?" Ilkira asks calmly.

JackieCat

Faelis leaned against the bars, glancing again over the two figures in the cell.  The woman looked pretty normal, but he had never seen a  creature like the one tied next to her, however, Le'ranna was huge, and despite all that he had seen, Faelis didn't doubt that he would always be coming across new beings.

He cocked his head to the side as he heard her talking to the creature.  Was he here to help them?  maybe, but maybe not, he wasn't in a very charitable mood.

"You're in the Colosseum," he answered her question dryly.  Either she was from far away and didn't know what the Colosseum was, or she had been knocked out and taken here.  "In Essyrn,"  he added.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Sheshia

That explains it. Ilkira thinks with a huff. It definitely was humid in the place. She had originally thought they were chained up in one of the tropical islands. Seems like if they do escape Hilikum and her would have to spend some good amount of time away from Essyrn. Maybe a few months.
Hilikum flattens his ears with a snap. He was pretty angry and probably hungry. "Say, Do you think you could help us out? We'd do what ever you want in return. Maybe we could help each other escape. Mostly because I'll feel bad for who over Hilikum here eats or maims." The only thing that she could so was to remain hopeful that the elf would help them. If not they would need another back-up plan.

JackieCat

Faelis chuckled humorlessly.  "I don't need help escaping," he said.  "And while I'll bet Hilikum here is very capable, there are some pretty nasty monsters in the pit." As he talked he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, slipping the matchbox back into a pocket.  He usually didn't smoke, but the day had been quite stressful, and while he was already starting to calm down(being difficult with other people had that effect on him), he had bought a couple of cigarettes earlier. "Besides, how do you know I don't work here?  I could just be a guard doing my rounds, and you just asked me to help you escape."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Sheshia

"Hilikum and I smell that yoir scent ia slightly different from the other guards. And he would have sensed danger." Ilkira watch the elf take out a cigarette and light it. "You do have a ppint though." Hilikum rolls his eye. Must still be drugged a bit. Need to fins a way to unfog my mind somehow. She shifted her position the best she could. She felt pretty sluggish. Which made her irritated that she has allowed thwlem to get into this situation. Hilikum gets up and drags himself over to the elf and sniffs him.

JackieCat

"You're right, I'm not a guard," Faelis said, and he tapped the creature on the nose as he came up to him, his position still relaxed, but he was ready to move out of the way if the creature, Hilikum, was it? decided to bite.  "And I'm not a prisoner.  I'm here for a completely different reason.  But that doesn't matter.  Because since I'm not a guard, and I have the ability to pick this cell's lock, I am in a position to help you get out of here." He took a slow drag from his cigarette and blew out the smoke slowly before he spoke again. "But do I recall you saying something about doing whatever I want in return if I help you?  Or was I imagining things?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Sheshia

"Aye. Anything." Ilkira smiles. "Though who knows what Im saying right now. Those drugs are still in my system and they aren't helping." She watches Hilikum watch him intently with a curious expression. She resisted the urge to move her arms much since the cuts on them. They sure were itchy and they bugged her immensely. "I could have escaped by now but I aort of can't concentrate on any magic." Hilikum paws a bit at the ground and sits down still watching the elf intently, "You'll have to forgive Hili. He has never seen an elf before."

JackieCat

So she had magic.  Almost unconsciously, Faelis filed that information away, he might need it later.

Anything, she had said anything.

However, Faelis didn't want, or need, for that matter, anything at all.  Money he could steal, so he wasted no time considering asking for that.

"The guards hardly ever come down this way on their rounds," Faelis said. "And there's a match in the pit now, so nobody will be coming to get you for at least fifteen minutes, if even, so we have a few more moments to talk."

He smiled slightly at Hilikum as he watched him.  "So I have a few questions for you.  First off, the obvious, who are you and where are you from?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Sheshia

"Ilkira is my name. And I was born here in Essyrn. Left when I was around sixteen to train. And travelled ever since. If that answers your question. Hilikum is from somewhere I cannot say. We meet when I was training under my mentor." Ilkira smiles at the thought of her rough training and meeting Hilikum for thw first time. She liked to think of those times. They helped her relax. "Hilikum is a fully grown Pluizig. He is still pretty young on their terms of age. He's the biggest love bug I have ever meet. So what is your name?"

JackieCat

"Faelis," the elf answered.

"So you're a traveler, and you somehow got here," he shrugged. "It happens to the best of us.  How did it happen?" he looked at Hilikum. "It seems like using force would have been a lot of trouble.  Hilikum seems like he would be very hard to capture, but you did mention drugs?"

He assumed their story would be similar to many others trapped here, but perhaps there was a good story involved with this one.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Sheshia

"Thats a Nice name Faelis. And Yes I did mention drugs. Its a long Story. Mostly just me a Hili having just returned here from a job and went to a tavern or inn of Some sort. I ordered food and drink we ate it then wah bam. Ended up here. And trust me this whole place would be up in flames if someone attacked us." Iklira smiles. "Possibly the most rediculous way for us to get like this considering many aspects."

JackieCat

OOC: I'm sorry for the long wait!

Faelis nodded, there didn't seem to be much these two could give him, besides the inevitable adventure of him breaking them out of here, that is.

When he decided to do that.  "You said you left when you were sixteen to train.  Train for what?"

He wan't going to make any assumptions about what this woman was capable of.  Assumptions got you killed, and Faelis didn't make them unless he had too.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Sheshia

Was she able to tell Faelis what she was training for. Hili tilts his head eondering yhe same thing. They made promises not to tell others where the hidden cities were and much about them byt nothing about training as far as they can remember.

Iklira smiles,  "I was training to ride and fight with the idiot who is staring at you. Then I went on from there to do what my training was meant for. That is all I can say without having to kill all of us." Man she hated secrets but oh well. That was their way of life after all.

Ooc: It's cool :)

JackieCat

Faelis nodded, as if the killing part was a casual part of everyday life.  Though things like that were everyday for him.

He glanced up for a moment, listening, before looking back to the two in the cell.  "The guards will probably be coming soon, but I have one more question before I get out of here.  Can you tell me what your training was meant for?  I'll be satisfied with even a vague answer."

That wasn't true, but he wasn't going to push her too hard, yet.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: