Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hidden Castle of Northern Mountains

Started by Hiya, February 04, 2017, 07:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiya

Hello everyone! I'm looking to help a pal with introducing their character. I have a few ideas of where the plot may go, but I'd love to open it up to some folks who can help bring this story together.

Objective 1: Yisa gets sword to new character

Objective 2: We fight the onslaught of foes (with chance of losing the castle to them until a later time)

Objective 3: Profit! .. In Friendship!... or at least established relationships for the future!

Objective 4: Decisons

(The more I think on it, the more I would like to break this into two threads to start, with perhaps a few people each. It does not have to be many people, and there can even be characters who die off or travel away. The 1st group would be those of the lost, dying kingdom. The second would be a group of people who travel from the Tundra, south. Some have already split off to Niahi Woods/Western La'marri, and there is a group heading towards Connlaoth. I will base it off my plot partner and interest!)

This story takes place in the Sionad Tundra closer to the Kilanthro Mountains that are kind of close to the Connlaoth boarder Kingdom. The idea is that this is a lost area - perhaps they are tied to the Fell, but not near them in location, I believe. It likely has been around just as long, or close to it. The population is dwindling due to attacks. Grave digging is certainly a trade at this point.

This lost place is protected by dormant magic. There is no way to just walk up to it from most directions, except one that lines the through the mountains. Raiders from the mountains know this path well, by now. They are pleased to have a picking of a location that has known peace and solitude for generations. There were few fighters decades ago, however since the raiders found the path, it's been a requirement to learn how to defend themselves. There is something about the castle that makes the Raiders not want it for their own - or perhaps a strong warrior who comes out and makes them flee.

As this is dormant magic - or rather, something that only can be sensed when it is passed through by magic. (This is how Yisa and party will pass cause magic sword delivery ftw!)

That said, the following are a list of folks we could have. We will likely start with just a few folks. If it has begun, just PM me (or the New Character's player).

Introducing: Adalsinda
Castle Dweller 1: The Dame, Wilhelmina
Castle Dweller 2: [Anevay's Character]

Retriever: Yisa Kingler
Armorer: Amari Tarr
Traveler 1: Gan Ceann
Traveler 2: Kave Frostfur
Traveler 3: Gawfy

Raider Leader 1: [My evil random character who will be as evil as I can make him! rawr)
Visiting Associate: Epitaph
Raider 2: N'aomi

There is an NPC band of people I'll control unless someone else wants to. Idealistically there will only be only 4-6 people in the final post. I'll try to keep the story progressing at least once per week if replies slow, this way no matter what, we get to keep moving forward with who we have. If there are problems, please let me know. I will send PM's and emails if I need jist of what is going on before moving the post along.

I'm in the SotE Discord chat also, so feel free to ping me with questions. I'm a slow poster, but I will get up one a day at the least. I encourage people to continue between and around my posts, so please, do not let me slow you down. If there is something that is important, I'll post it here.

Thank you to all who have read the spiel. If you are interested, please let me know here or in a PM on the site or via Discord.

I look forward to building this story with you!

Medievarad

If you can use Gan Ceann as a good guy? (Yes, a good Dullahan!) That'd be amazing. I'd love to play him out in this ^^

Hiya

:P anything for my favorite Soldier (76 ftw!)

Gan has been added as a traveler!!

Hiya

I might make a separate thread for the Baddies. Maybe. I'm still working on the level of badness to be had. I know none of the main characters will die unless a player really wants them to.

I hope to have a thread up in about 5 or 6 hours for at least the wanderers and some info on the characters. Thinking Germanic kind of vibe for the lost kingdom. That and a mix of the Fell people - the group of folks that existed before the distinctions of Serenians and Connlaothians.

It will not be a massive kingdom at all. There really are not many people left now. Still building it in my head, but I hope to make this a long, good, adventure for folks. Whether you're here for one thread or for the series of threads, it will be cool! ^-^

Hiya

Okay! The place the Wanderers can start posting is up: here!

It is still possible to be among the dying in the main thread the wanderers are heading toward.

Gawfy

Gawfy would be up for an adventure if any slots are open still

Hiya

Heya Gawfy. I added your character as a traveler.* So, right now, we have two slots left. (for more, PM me)

1 castle dweller 1 Raider.

The above two are plane folks. Rather, should be. Your call if you want them to die or not. Just because they are"simple folk".

I will get more up tomorrow when I get sleep. Good night peoples.

Hiya

Thank you all for your patience. The roster is set for this section of the story. I hope to have the movement in the threads by the end of the week. I appreciate your patience with the launching of this plot. ^-^