Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hope Fool Rain

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2017, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

And of course she walked in on him when his pants were down, just wearing simply underpants, and no shirt fastened so....
She got a lot to see than what she may have been bargaining for!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Minerva just stared.

Eyes wide for a moment before she walked into the room, closed the door and turned around.

"It's been five minutes! Why aren't you dressed!" Arms crossed over her chest, she glared down at the floor, eyes open because she knew if they were closed shed just see him and his... Mostly... Oh dear. Minerva was almost as red as her hair and no doubt her ears were bright red. "Get dressed faster, I wanted to dance!"

visualspice

The servants apologized profusely- as did Hope. But he still didn't understand what was going on.

"His clothing was so wet, we had to tear it from his body."
And if Hope wasn't red faced when Minerva walked in on him...
The fact they just openly said they tore off his clothes, practically, had him red to his ears.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Tear it...

Minerva took a peek over her shoulder before she whipped back around.

Good. He was blushing too.

Hands balled at her sides, she tapped her foot impatiently while they went about dressing him quickly. Efficient at least. Sure this wasn't her home but... Still, she was more important than they were and she got a tap on her shoulder.

"Miss?"

Minerva turned around, still red and frowned at Hope.

Then she blinked a few times and frowned more.

"You look like..." A frown, "Very familiar." Stalking to him, reached up to fix his hair, slowly drying in the warm room, making sure it was dashing looking. A moment spent too long with her fingers in his hair and staring at his face and... It was a pity the boy was a beggar lost in the castle.

"Come along," She said holding out a hand, "Have you ever been in the palace before?" She inquired, an eyebrow lifted curiously.

visualspice

Hope was afraid to move. Not only were the clothing confining, but there were many layers of them. And they were so pristine,  a lot finer than anything he had ever worn- so he was afraid to move in them, lest he find himself  at some god awful surmounting debt because, he could only guess, these clothes were just being lent to him.

But when Minerva fussed over him, and moved to pull him along, he could only stumble after her as he shook his head.
"This is the first time I've ever been here.." And he desperately wished to know just how he had even gotten there to begin with! The Grand Duke's palace..
and it wasn't even in ruins...

What was going on!?

Draconian

A heavy sigh and Minerva tugged him along, frowning.

"Can't you walk?" She hissed, glaring at him, mostly speaking to herself because dammit, she wanted to look pretty and if she had a handsome man on her arm then she'd look even better. Another tug and she pulled him down hallways and corridors, turning around and fixing his coat and fixing his hair again.

"Come along," She hissed again, patting his hand and then froze, "You can dance, right?" Another frown and a glance at him.

visualspice

His feet were dragging less as they moved along. And at her query, he blinked and looked at her,  a tad confused.
"Dance?"
Sure he had danced before....
But were nobles dances much different than what he'd been accustomed too? Not that he had done much dancing in his time....

Even unsure, he still followed her.
"Where are we going?"
But then he began to hear the music, and something about it....
It distracted him. It was familiar and something felt oddly... right about this.

Draconian

Minerva made sure her hand was tucked into his elbow while she led him along. "We are going to find me a nice rich husband," she confirmed, looking at Hope before she shuffled along faster. She'd been announced earlier, if briefly, and now it was just dancing and conversing.

Going into the large room with Hope at her side she turned to him, put his hands on her waist and frowned at him. "Well? Dance!"

visualspice

"Ah!" Hope screamed as he stumbled into Minerva's arms, not realizing they had fallen into a position to dance. He hadn't meant to be so ignorant of her, or his surroundings, but he was still trying to figure out what was going on and-
There were so many people.. the music was so loud, the place was so big and ornate and undestroyed...
But at her urging, he stumbled, and found himself falling into her, barely collecting his balance as he inadvertently caught her in a dance like dip, their faces but inches apart.

Draconian

An angry snarl came out of her and this boy was lucky he'd caught her!

Minerva frowned up at him, arms curled around his shoulders before she blinked at him owlishly and let her hands fall to his biceps. She waited patiently until they were upright again and she fixed her hair and ignored the blush on her cheeks. Hope had lovely eyes. Oddly green. That shade some family was known for.

She couldn't put her finger on which family it was.

Still, she fixed her dress, tugged her gloves and fixed Hope's shirt. "You can dance, right?" She rose an eyebrow, voice clipped.

visualspice

She wasn't the only one blushing. He shook his head, but nodded, then made a face.
"I.. I'm not sure I... there's.. there's so many people here. And.. and they're looking at us." He turned shamefully away. what had he been dragged into?

Draconian

Minerva froze, her hand going to his chin to turn it towards her.

"Of course they're looking at us," She puffed out her chest slightly, casting glances around at the various people that were looking at them before she threw her shoulders back and brushed her hair over her shoulder. "I'm beautiful and you're handsome," A simple shrug and she sighed, "Fine, fine. We'll get a beverage, grab a snack and then dance. How about that?"

visualspice

He looked at her with uncertainty.
"If... if that is what you wish." Because as he looked around, he was becoming dizzier by the minute. What was this place? Why was it so familiar? How could it be so pristine? Unblemished by war? And this music....
As he moved to walk with her, he began to stumble and caught himself on her as they neared a (thankfully) less crowded wall.

"I.. I can't... This place.. this music." He was beginning to feel sick.

Draconian

Was he... Touched?

Minerva puffed out her cheeks but..

She wasn't a monster. Gently her hand moved to his cheek and she sighed and tugged on his elbow, moving to a balcony  before opening it. It had been locked, obviously closed for a reason but... What did she care? After taking Hope outside to the rail she closed the door, frowning at the clicking noise and moved to stand beside him.

"Or we could take a breath outside. I didn't think the music was that terrible," She said softly, reaching a hand up to press it to his forehead, a thing she recalled her mother doing to her when she had been young and feeling ill.

visualspice

When she'd touch him, he was sweaty and looked something awful. He tugged at the layers of clothing.
"I.. I think I need to sit down."

Draconian

A frown and she looked to a bench.

It was a nice balcony, obviously meant to be used during such occasions. Gently, Minerva guided him to it and sat him down, kneeling in front of him. Real concern on her face, "You're not going to throw up are you? Please, do it over the balcony if you do, I don't want to stand around with it," She frowned before she stood up and pushed a hand through his hair, looking around.

"What's wrong?"

visualspice

It was too much. The world was bubbling away from him, the music spinning, screeching in his ears until he felt her touch him and his eyes rolled back as he passed out against her side.

Draconian

Oh no.

Minerva squealed when he pressed against her and she prepared for the worst and...

Oh.

She looked over to him, breath in her throat before she realized he'd ... Passed out.

"Hope?" She gave his shoulder a nudge and looked around before she gently removed herself from his side. "Hey?" Another nudge before she got up and went to the door to get some help only... "Locked?!" She squealed, enraged, her foot stomped to the ground and she banged on the door. Nothing. Great! Just great!

This was all his fault!

The music was too loud and Minerva growled.

Great.

Slowly she moved over to Hope, lifting his head and shoulders and putting them on her lap. At least the dress wasn't too uncomfortable. Surely someone will notice her missing. Surely. Minerva glared up at the sky, idly running her fingers through Hope's hair. Angry. Irritated. This was her one (of two maybe ) chances to find herself her own husband otherwise... A frown and she sighed, looking down at Hope before she pinched his cheek.

Minerva wasn't sure how much more bored she could be, but the serene feeling of being outside, the stars in the sky, she soon found herself asleep with the soft muffled music playing in her dreams.

visualspice

He could see it. The explosion of red bleeding to green that cried out in hollowed mercy that shattered the rock foundations of everything. Past, present, future. It was all chewed up, visions that racked through his head and hit him straight to the core. And there was so much blood, so much death, so much stillness that when a face lifted from the darkness, eyes glowing red and deep it had him sitting up, screaming and clinging to the woman whom had fallen nearly asleep beside him.

Draconian

The scream startled her awake and she gave a shrill scream of her own. Minerva jerked from her almost sleep, eyes wide, gasping. "What!" She yelled, sitting up and looking at Hope, blue eyes wide, "what! Are you okay?! Remember! Throw up off the balcony!"