Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Quieting Piano [M]

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2017, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He frowned.
"Why would I suggest it?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina frowned in turn a flicker of confusion in her gold eyes.

"Your hound seemed keen on you not knowing," her voice was soft and she turned slightly, putting her shoulder between Calent and Hope. "I figured you might... suggest the same as he did."

visualspice

The room was quiet.
"Zannrick, you're dismissed. I will call for you when I need your services."

There was another awkward moment but Zannrick bowed.
"Yes, your grace." And left the room, the door clicking lightly behind him.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina frowned slightly and shifted the child in her arms. A little noise and Hope's green eyes popped open, zeroing in on Calent. The bright smile though, gave way to a sleepy yawn and he snuggled back into the warmth of his mother.

"Are you going to kill me?" She asked softly, looking around. There would be no witnesses here.

visualspice

Draconian

Medina cleared her throat and looked away for a moment.

"No witnesses?" Her voice was soft and she swallowed heavily. "Can I ask how you've been sleeping?"

visualspice

"If I wanted you dead, you'd be ten feet under by now."
His frown then deepened at her query.
"I don't sleep. When I do...." His gaze fell upon Hope.
"He's getting bigger."

Draconian

Medina gave a little nod.

That part was true.

If he wanted her anywhere she'd be there. His frown concerned her and Medina gave him a look when he said he didn't sleep. Though, her attention was quickly shifted away when he commented on Hope. Medina smiled, looking to the child.

"They do a lot of that at the start," She said softly, taking a few steps towards Calent, Hope's eyes popping open again to stare at his father. "You were this tiny once," She said softly looking at Calent for a moment, shifting the child in her arms, "Kind of hard to believe."

visualspice

"Yes..." He,mused, a curled hand reached out to stroke the child's cheek. "We all start off as something small and seemingly insignificant and weak."

Draconian

Medina was a little entertained at the descriptor. Insignificant and weak.

"You try having a baby chew on your nipples," She nodded solemnly, "Nothing seems weak or insignificant about them then," She smiled when Hope's hand darted out to grab Calent's pinky, holding on for deal life. "I think he's getting a little fat but... That's fine, right? He's growing fast so... It'll... Go places."

visualspice

"He's the child of a Duke.. and not just any Duke," he reminded. "He should eat well."

Draconian

"Oh?"

Medina turned and Hope clung tighter to the finger, giving a little laugh.

"He eats fine," She said softly, looking away, before she sighed and ducked her head down, "What... What's to be done about... My Condition," She said simply, looking up at him while Hope slowly pulled Calents hand to his mouth.

visualspice

He kept his gaze on Hope as he told her softly, "If the pregnancy is a healthy one, I'd hope you'd give birth to our child here."

Draconian

Medina blinked at Calent, looking confused. Concerned? A wealth of expressions crossed her features and she looked down at herself. While she wasn't showing to a large degree yet, she was more than well aware of herself and her health. When wasn't she healthy? Her very being didn't allow that to happen.

"O.." Medina swallowed carefully, clearing her throat, "Our child?" the phrase caught her off guard, she'd been expecting... Well, something much different. "It's... Healthy. Only a few months to go, I... I won't be able to hide it much longer under puffy dresses," She admitted, looking away. "Why here? Easier to keep it a secret that way?"

visualspice

"Yes."
It made sense.
"But the city, my people.. the people of Connlaoth, grow anxious about you. About.. Hope."

Draconian

That was news.

To be honest, Medina had been rather cut off from the news of people and she looked at Hope trying in vain to get his fathers fingers into his mouth to chew on.

"I..." Medina frowned slightly, "They do?" A quirk of her head and she turned to look away, head tilted down, "I figured they'd have forgotten about..." Medina flushed, remembering how she'd given birth in a church, "Did I ever apologize for that? Or thank you?"

visualspice

Calent cleared his throat.
"I suppose I should have been more open with the state Reajh is in," he began, letting Hope chew away as the baby made noises and gurgled against his fingers. "But ever since you had Hope... they have been asking about you." He went silent again to let it sink in for her.
"I declined the churches queries. I didn't think it wise to bring you into the public. But after the death of my wife..."
It was then calent tensed and Hope sensed it, and the baby coughed, and coughed again before he pulled his own little figners against his own little mouth and began to cry.

Draconian

The death of his wife.

Right.

Medina ducked her head down, looking away only to have her attention caught by Hope coughing. Alarm was bright in her golden eyes and she turned to the child. "Hope?" She questioned, not that he could answer her, so she cooed and soothed. Her hand drawing down his back while she tucked him close against her chest and swayed side to side to calm him. Medina remained quiet while the baby's sobs turned into hiccups and she looked to Calent.

"I was unaware we'd made such a stir with the public," She said honestly. Of course there would have been rumours but for people to be asking after her... "Do... You think it wise now? Do you... Want to use me as some sort of... What." She asked helplessly, confused Hope's cries slowly turning from sobs to crocodile tears, he gave a dewy eyed look to Calent before he snuggled back in. "I am sorry," Medina said softly, "About your wife. I..." She ducked her head down, not sure how to apologize to a dead woman for sleeping with her husband.

"I can't undo what's been done and I don't know what your church wants of me."

visualspice

He nodded at her apology and remained quiet as she calmed their son.

"The people grow restless for answers. For an end," he told her softly.

Draconian

An end?

Medina rubbed her hand up and down Hope's back and gave Calent a weary look. "What... what do you suppose you're going to do?" That sounded very final. An end.