Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Quieting Piano [M]

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2017, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"The people are growing tired of a war against itself. I admit, I too, grow weary. But I knew a war in Ansgar's name wouldn't be an easy path. It will very well outlive me. The people... they want to see results. There has been a lot of death."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina didnt know what to do.

Did she feign support? There has never been a time where she wasn't selfishly after her own safety. Before meeting her stranger. After. Medina said nothing, instead turning to look about the quiet room they were in.

"What kind of results are they wanting to see?" She asked hesitantly, this conversation was like trying to walk on glass without getting cut. Her hand slowly went to her cheek, stinging at the touch. Frowning down and looking away, "You cant bring people back from the dead."

visualspice

Calent frowned at her wound.
"Does it hurt?" he asked, hand hoovering over hers.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina frowned at Calent for a moment.

Right. The scratches left over from the back of his gauntlet. Medina moved her hand away, "only when I touch it. I'm a fast healer," she said quietly, looking down and away. Offering him a hesitant little smile, "Why did you hit him?" She whispered, "I'm hardly of significance to you, so you didnt hit him for me, I know that much."

visualspice

Calent bristled and looked at her with hard eyes.
"I did hit him for you. He acted out of line."

Draconian

Medina met the hard gaze with her own softer look. A little sad, maybe. Eyebrows draw up her forehead. "But... why? I'm hardly important to you," confusion was on her face, "you haven't seen me for months. For anything. And then you slap your most trusted..." Medina frowned, trying to think of the word, ".. Companion. Are... you sick?"

visualspice

Her words hurt harder than they should. He stiffened.
"I don't have sex with just anybody," he growled softly.

Draconian

Medina gave a helpless little laugh, her free hand reached up like she was moving to cup his cheek but ... Medina hesitanted and let her hand fall away. He wouldn't want her to touch him. She remembered that much.

"Just strange women in the rain?" She teased softly, leaning in to look at him, "and then a few more times after you bring her home? Do you demand everyone be your brood mare or just those women?" She was obviously refering to herself, the words werent malicious and in fact, there was a lopsided smirk on her face.

visualspice

"You were a mistake." He paused, staring into her face. "A necessary mistake."

Draconian

Medina couldn't keep the hurt out of her eyes. Couldn't help the tears that gathered, though she looked away quickly and cleared her throat. "The feeling is mutual," she stated stiffly, "maybe without the necessary part." Medina sighed and turned away for a moment.

"I dont know what to do," she admitted quietly, "before this happened I had... A life. I had a family. I dont even know where my brother is now. I havent heard from him in months." Medina pressed her cheek to Hope's head. "Yes. This was a mistake. But who's paying for it, Calent. You're going to either steal my child from me or turn me to the streets with him." Medina gave a bitter laugh.

"I at least thought id be a passing thought to my childs father..." Medina sighed, "I guess that was my mistake. Hope needs to lay down. Im leaving," and she moved to brush past him to the door. Medina wanted to curl up and sleep forever. It would be better than here.

visualspice

He didn't move to go after her but spoke at her clearly before she left.
"Don't go."

Draconian

Medina froze, looking over her shoulder and then giving a littke shrug. "Come with me," she looked to Hope, "poor boy can't nap on Mama's shoulder all afternoon. Besides," she sighed and looked away, "my arms ache."

visualspice

He moved beside her.
"Then let me take him."

Draconian

Except for that time they napped in the chair, Medina couldn't remember a time Calent held Hope. She smiled slightly at the other meaning of that. What a heavy name her child hand. Medinas face softened and she hesitantly passed the babe into his fathers arms.

"He looks more like you than I would have liked," she admitted, pressing her palm over the back of his head before looking at Calent, "I imgine he'll be the spitting image of you when he's a man."

visualspice

"To be fair," he went on, adjusting the baby to gentle cradle him in his arms. "Your traits aren't too far from my own." Then again, he also had dominate Connlaothian traits. His hair, he wondered, would be more rich brown than his own, which had hints of red throughout. But Hope definitely had his green eyes, and ones he was known for. He gently kissed the top of his sons head and went quiet, just holding the baby and rocking him slowly back and forth in silence before there was the subtle, soft humming coming from his lips.

Draconian

Was that an almost normal conversation?

Medina remained quiet, opening her mouth but closing it shortly after. Just watching. Hating how her chest tightened at the sight of Calent holding her son. Their son. Hope snuggled into the different kind of wamth. Medina couldn't keep the small smile off of her face when Calent started to hum and she tucked her hands under her elbow.

Subconciously she'd joined him in his slight rocking movements. "That's a lovely song," her voice was soft, and she moved closer, placing her hand over Calents on Hope. A moments silence, "I... I'm sorry for your loss," Medina whispered, moving her hand away, "I imagine you loved her very much," her voice was soft and she ducked her head down. If the stories she'd heard were true, the Grand Duke had loved his wife very much. And what sort of monster did that make her?

visualspice

"Yes." His words came out dry, soft. "As much as a man like me could love a woman."

Draconian

What an un-answer.

Medina gave a wry smile, amused perhaps. "What sort of man is that?" She tilted her head at him, watching Hope before looking at Calents face, finding the scars interesting on an otherwise very pretty face.

visualspice

He looked away, off into the distance- perhaps at the window, or through it.
"A man of ignorant grace."

Draconian

"I see," she said softly.

Medina really didnt. A quick look off to the side and she took a big breath and looked to Calent. At Hope. "Is he heavy yet? I've found he gets heavier the longer I hold him." A little smile and she stroked his pudgy cheek.

"I... Calent," she said. Wanting to talk to the man. Not the Grand Duke mask. "I.. How are we going to lie about this one?" She inicated to her misection,"even if no one sees me pregnant it will still be suspicious. I cant exactly have two dead husbands."