Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Darkest Night [DragonSong] [M]

Started by Zero, March 30, 2017, 12:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Cole watched somewhat impassively as she forced herself back up off the ground. He didn't try to help, only glanced back towards the camp. Honestly, this would have been easier if she'd stayed on the ground. Poor girl wasn't going to like this next part.

"Yeah, getting it over with is gonna be for the best. Listen, this isn't going to be pleasant for you, and I'm crazy to ask you to trust me, but believe me when I say everything I'm about to do is for your own good." Yeah, she had no reason to trust him at all. He'd just taken her captive and more or less confirmed that she was probably about to be brutally ravaged by a camp full of very savage and cruel men.

He should just take her and dump her off with the rest of the girls and let things take their course. Cole wasn't a damn hero. Still, he felt bad for her. She was afraid, but he could feel that spark of fight in her too.

Cole sighed heavily and grabbed her by the hair, yanking her head back and putting his other hand around her throat, squeezing. His mouth was by her ear and he whispered softly to her. "This is going to hurt a bit, but if I don't do this, they won't think that I fucked you. Please don't scream or cry anymore."

Not that he particularly mattered if she did, except for the guilt it would make him feel. He didn't like hurting the girls. He really didn't.

DragonSong

Zahra's eyes widened and she choked on a breath as she was suddenly jerked back against him, his fingers on her throat. Wide, terrified eyes blinked up at him. He- he was going to hurt her? Hadn't he just said-

Confused and afraid, she felt the threat of more tears pricking at her eyes but forced them back, trying to focus on the anger rather than the fear. She gritted her teeth.

The only thing that kept her from completely panic were the words "think that I fucked you." Which meant he wasn't actually going to rape her...right?

Gods, she'd never been so afraid in her life. She hated it, hated him, hated all of them, with a fire she honestly hadn't known she could possess.

Zero

Gritting his teeth a moment, after leaving bruises on her throat, he moved his hand to rip the shoulder of her dress a bit and sank his teeth into the caramel flesh. His canines pricked the skin until they drew blood and he released her shoulder and hair, panting softly. Red eyes were blazing a little as he reached down to roughly grab her by the hips, pulling her hard back against his body as his hands moved, leaving angry impressions of his hands and fingers on her skin as he moved down to her thighs, squeezing harder.

Finally he ripped at her dress a little more before letting go of her completely and stepping back, running his fingers through his hair to mess it up, then tugging a bit as his own clothes to make himself look just a little disheveled.

He stalked around her in a circle, eyeing her critically before letting out a soft huff. She looked suitably tousled.

Cole stopped in front of her, looking down at her face as he wrapped his fingers around her chin and forced her to look up at him. His expression was very dark, and his voice held a clear warning. "You are not a virgin. I took you right here in the sand as you begged me not to. If the men you're about to meet even think otherwise they'll be fighting for the privilege of deflowering you."

And probably beating the tar out of him.

"Have I made myself clear? Because if I haven't we can do this for real and then there won't be a chance for you slip up." He was only willing to stick his neck out so far. If she wasn't going to cooperate he wasn't going to take the chance.

DragonSong

Zahra almost cried out when he bit her, but she clenched her jaw shut and swallowed the sound, her body trembling with some combination of fear and the effort it took not to fight back, no matter how useless a prospect it seemed.

She did give a small, startled cry when his hands moved to her thighs and her legs pressed together instinctively, but he seemed to just be trying to bruise her, not force her legs open. Still shivering, she did her best to hold perfectly still as he ripped at her clothes and grabbed for her skin, wishing she still had her veil to hide her face so the fresh wave of tears wouldn't be so apparent.

She tried to drop her eyes, but when he forced her head back she took a breath and met his gaze defiantly.

She would not let this break her. Not him, not anyone. I can be strong, she tried desperately to convince herself.

Her voice was soft and wrecked, but her eyes were fierce. "I understand."

Zero

There would be no hiding the tears or that she'd been crying. Cole needed this to be as convincing as possible. Given her near hysterical sobbing from before that shouldn't be too hard. He released her chin and sighed again, expression troubled as he leaned down and picked her up to carry her over his shoulder like a sack.

She wasn't very heavy.

"When we get there, look, you're going to...hear things. And see things. You can panic and scream all you want, but it won't help. There are a lot of other girls there already." He thought it best to warn her. There was nothing he could do to help them all.

Cole shouldn't even be helping Zahra, but for some reason he wanted to try. Maybe it was to ease his conscience. If he helped one girl, just one, maybe it would make him feel just a tiny bit better about himself. Maybe that guilt would ease just a bit. Not that he really thought it would, but it couldn't hurt to try. Unless he was caught.

He carried her towards camp. After all, she was supposedly freshly raped and he couldn't have her walking into view all normal-like.

DragonSong

Zahra could do little more than squeak as she was hoisted over his shoulder. She couldn't even give herself the comfort of grabbing at him to steady herself, hands bound as they were.

Though she knew things could have been much, much worse, her body was still sore and protested the jostling. She winced, then let her head hang, unable to really do much else.

"Just get this over with," she hissed through more quiet tears, eyes clenched shut.

Zero

It didn't take long before those sounds he'd warned her about could be heard. The other girls were definitely not being left in peace. He could hear sobbing and wailing coming from camp. Hadn't they promised not to touch them until he got back? Not that he wanted to be there for it.

Guards nodded to him, eyes glinting and mouths twisted in cruel smirks as they roamed over Zahra with appreciation.

Cole ignored them. He did his best to ignore as much as possible. Some of the men hadn't even tried to make it to tents before dipping into their prizes. His mouth tightened as he tried to shut out the crying and the faces of despair.

His father came into view, with Jarvis in tow. Both men grinned at him. "Sorry, son. Jarvis said you found a little treat out in the desert. When we were told they could hear her crying and begging you, well we kind of figured you'd done picked your girl. Didn't seem right to make the boys wait while you were out there pounding a juicy little cunt of your very own."

Kaleb came around behind him, looking at Zahra's face, appraising her unabashedly. "Not bad at all. With a cute face like that she'll make a nice little bit of money. Why don't you pass her around? I'm sure some of the other boys will want a taste of this one."

"Who said I was done with her?" Cole growled softly, shooting his father a dangerous look.

Jarvis and Kaleb both laughed. "Feeling greedy there, son? Ah, well she does look tasty. Alright, take your prize to bed, you've earned her fair and square. Put her back with the others when you're done."

Cole jerked his head in a harsh nod and hurried to his tent, doing his best to look like he was eager. He dumped Zahra unceremoniously onto his bedroll and secured the front flap of his tent so that at least no one could look in and realize that they weren't really doing anything. He leaned close, pressing his mouth next to her ear to whisper to her. "I'm going to untie your hands. If you struggle or try to run, well all those men will grab you and I won't be able to keep them from hurting you."

This time he didn't wait for her to agree, he just undid the knots and sat back on his heels, watching her for a moment, as if uncertain of what to really do with her now.

DragonSong

Zahra was speechless at the horror Cole walked her into. Her own tears had stopped, replaced with stunned, horrified silence. She wanted to shut her eyes and cover her ears, but she couldn't- not just because she was bound, but because she physically couldn't, frozen in place.

If her captor hadn't been carrying her, she thought she might have collapsed again.

Then there was the other man- Jarvis- and someone new. He called the drow "son"; she wasn't sure if he meant it literally, and normally she would have been at least a little curious, but as it was she was too terrified to even think straight.

She dropped her eyes when the older man came around to leer at her, shivering violently. Then, thankfully, they were in a tent, and the flap was tied closed.

It did little to shut out the monstrosity happening outside, but at least the sounds were muffled. She stared up at Cole with empty eyes as e untied her.

"Do you want me to be grateful?" she whispered after a moment. "To give you thanks? It takes nothing from you to not rape someone- you're monsters. Why are you doing this? What do you want from me?"

Zero

"No, I don't expect gratitude or thanks. Wouldn't be right if you gave me either of those things." Cole knew that he wasn't a good person. He'd never had a real, fighting chance to be a good person in this miserable world.

He ignored her comment about them being monsters. There was no point in disagreeing. It was the truth. Harder to ignore the questions, but he did, for the moment.

Instead Cole rummaged in his belongings and pulled out a fat water skin, offering it to her. She'd gotten a nice drink before he'd grabbed her, but in the desert more water never hurt. He also found some pieces of dried meat and offered the jerky as well.

"I don't want anything from you, and don't ask me why. I don't know why I'm doing this. By all rights I should have already fucked you and then watched and laughed as you screamed while the rest took a turn. Is that what you want to hear?" There was a hard, strained edge to his voice as he said it.

DragonSong

The little elf flinched back when he held the water skin out to her before she realized what it was, expecting to be struck for her words. When she realized he was offering water, she gave him a wary look but took the skin, sniffing it before taking a sip when she deemed it safe.

She watched him silently as he spoke. There was...something in his voice. Something she could hear, but not name. Something hurt and strained and small.

She almost felt a flash of empathy for him. Almost. She squashed it quickly. "No," she whispered. "That's not what I want to hear. I want to know why you didn't..."

Zero

Cole gave an exasperated sigh and turned to sit beside her, stretching out his legs with a frown. He wiggled his toes in his boots, which he was staring at. It was weird to look at her.

"Didn't do what?" He growled softly, shooting her a warning look. Hadn't he just told her to act as if he most certainly had done exactly what she was asking about? If someone overheard her say something like that they would both live to regret it.

"I already told you. I don't want to hurt you if I don't have to." Cole whispered tiredly. "My mother is a slave, she's probably sitting in my father's tent right now listening to him take another girl. That or just waiting for him to decide to use her instead. He still does frequently. There's a handful of women that some of the guys decided they liked fucking enough to keep them around. Plus they do a lot of the grunt work for the group."

Cole shrugged his shoulder and laid back, folding his hands behind his head. It was his tent and his bed, might as well make himself as comfortable as he could. He knew his temporary guest sure as hell wasn't going to be comfortable here no matter what he did.

DragonSong

Zahra stared at him. "If she wasn't," she started softly, "would you have cared?"

She wasn't entirely sure why she was asking him this, she just felt like she had to. She was under no illusions about her situation, her captor- she highly doubted he'd spared every girl he'd found. So why her? Was it really just about his mother?

With a soft, half broken sigh, she held the water skin back out to him, trying very hard to keep as much distance as possible while she did.

"...What's your name?"

Zero

Would he care if it wasn't for his mother? Would he still feel bad, still feel guilt for capturing and hurting so many girls?

"I don't know." Cole honestly didn't. His father certainly didn't care. Maybe he'd be just like him. Of course his mother didn't seem to much care either. By the time he'd been born his mother had become stoic about the entire affair. She acted as a domestic servant and bed-mate for his father and never complained or cried.

She had as little to do with him as she could.

Maybe it was stupid to care about the girls, but he couldn't help worrying that hurting them was an affront to his mother. How could he treat others the way she had been treated? She probably hated him just as much as she did his father.

"Cole." He murmured, waving a hand at the water skin. "Just set it somewhere. You'll sleep in here with me tonight. It's the only way to keep them off you."

DragonSong

She lowered her hand, letting the water skin drop somewhat carelessly as she sat back.

He didn't know. Of course- why would he, if this was how he'd been raised.

For a brief moment, she thought she might have caught a sliver of understanding. But it was gone quickly, buried under fear and anger.

"Cole," she repeated softly. It fit, somehow. With a low exhale, she shifted a little further back from him, drawing her knees up to her head and wrapping her arms around her legs. "What- what happens after tonight then?" she whispered. She almost didn't want to know the answer, but she had to ask.

Would he just...give her to the rest of them? Why bother "saving" her tonight then?

Zero

That was a fair question, and one he didn't really have an answer for just yet. Cole hadn't really formulated a concrete, long-term plan to deal with Zahra. He wasn't sure there was a way to protect her for very long at all.

And he still wasn't sure why he should bother.

He'd watched countless girls succumb to the very fate he was trying to shield the little elf maiden from. Maybe it was because most of the girls they dealt with were human? Could he feel a certain kinship with her because she was also an elf? Not quite like his mother, but an elf.

Cole sighed heavily and raked a hand down his face. "I don't know. I'll figure something out. Keeping you all to myself is going to be hard."

If he could just make it six days they would be at market and Zahra could be sold and passed to her owner. Then it wouldn't be any of his business what happened to her. At least with a master she would be taken care of to some extent. Sure, she'd probably still be forced into a man's bed, but at least it wouldn't be them.

DragonSong

Zahra drew in a shaky breath, then nodded. She wasn't sure she'd really expected a proper answer- and what good would one have really done her?- but there was something just a little bit more terrifying about just....not knowing.

Swallowing thickly, she lowered herself onto her side, putting her back to Cole. She wasn't going to be able to sleep, but she figured she should at least try.

Another wave of tears swept over her and she bit down on her li hard enough to draw blood, her slight form shakin with each repressed sob as the tears streamed down her face, eyes clenched shut.

Zero

Cole knew he wasn't going to get much sleep that night either. His mind was going to be far too busy with trying to figure out how best to keep Zahra from harm. It was definitely a challenging puzzle, but there were ways he could maybe pull it off.

How good those ways really were was another matter entirely.

At least she laid down. Too bad he could tell she was trying to keep her sobs pushed down. Cole hated the idea of listening to her cry all night. Although it might be good if someone happened to hear it. If she sounded so miserable than surely he was or had done a right piece of work on her.

Part of him wanted to roll over and try to comfort her, but he doubted there was anything he could do or say that would ease her mind. Touching her would probably just upset her more.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, rolling and putting his back to hers.

DragonSong

She almost didn't hear him, but the murmured apology did bring her pause for just a heartbeat.

She didn't know how to react. She couldn't, and wouldn't, say anything, but even internally... She didn't know how to thinknof him, react to him. He was the one who'd kidnapped her. But it was entirely possible, maybe probable, his group would have found her anyway, and that his interference had kept her from...

Another small whimper and she curled in tighter in herself, wrapping her arms tight around her midsection.

Eventually, despite her fear and resistance to it, exhaustion won out and she dropped reluctantly into unconsciousness.

Zero

"Cole! Cole hurry the fuck up!" He jolted awake, having drifted off at some point. It was morning, and he could hear the camp breaking as everyone prepared to leave. If they got held up too long they wouldn't reach the next designated stop on time. Cole groaned and looked over at Zahra and cursed softly.

"Give me your hands and don't speak." He told her quietly, getting the cord so that he could tie them again. Cole would bind them in front of her this time, to give her a bit more stability and control for the trip.

As soon as she was bound he grabbed her by the arm and dragged her from the tent. There was a huddled mass of the sale girls surrounded by guards who watched them with a mix of boredom and desire. No time for further fooling around this morning.

Cole hurriedly pulled her over and lined her up with the others. He dipped down to give her some final instruction. "Just walk with everyone else. Don't look at your guards, don't look at the other men, and don't talk to anyone. I'll be back for you as soon as I can. I promise. Just...just don't do anything stupid."

DragonSong

Zahra was jolted from sleep with a small, panicked cry, and it took her a few moments to remember where she was and how she'd gotten there. She couldn't do much when Cole bound her wrists, stumbling as he jerked her out of the tent.

His whispered instructions seemed vague and far away, but she may have nodded as she was thrust into line with the other girls. Her eyes fixed on her feet, hands clenched in front of her body.

What she wouldn't have given for the feel of her bow in her hands- or even her flute, for that matter. With a small pang of loss, she realized the instrument had been left behind in her pack the night before.

She shook herself and frowned. She was being ridiculous. What did a silly flute matter in this situation?

Tags: