Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's Play!

Started by visualspice, April 12, 2017, 12:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Laughter erupted from the room. Surely her ears were bleeding from how hot they felt and Chase may have heard his friend swear a few times as she regained her balance.

Barely muttering her thanks, she gave a hard tug to the shoulder of his sleeve as it seemed she was about to drag him with her.

"Come on," she growled, eyes avoidant. "Let them laugh it up I'm an easy drunk."
It was slightly better than presuming she had two left feet.
But as they made it towards the door, one of the other boys stopped them with a laugh.

"Wait. Woah, you two can't be serious and leaving us already!"

The boy was drunk and his face so red, it was hard to tell if it was from laughter or ale. For the life of her, she couldn't remember the boys name and simply growled but steeled her tongue. No use starting a fight when they were so close to the door.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Chase was happy enough to let Dahnny drag him by the sleeve out of the party, but he groaned -not at all subtly - when some boy got in their way. What was his name again? He really didn't care to try remembering at the moment. All the poor boy wanted was to get away from all the attention and fuss.

There wasn't a lot of time left for him here, and Chase wanted to spend as much of it with his best friend as he could. Everyone else was just getting in the way of that.

"We showed up, we had a drink, and now we just want to get out of here. I'm leaving soon and I just want to spend my last days at home with my ma and Dahnny. Okay?" Chase was giving a tired attempt at a half-smile, hoping people would just take the hint and leave them alone.

visualspice

The boy made a face, then some slow realization crept over his face.

"Are you going to ask Dahnny to marry you!?"

Dahnny froze. And instantly she felt her ears and cheeks heat. And even the pit of her belly reacted, doing some kind of dropping somersault as she forgot how to breath.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"W-what?" Chase sputtered, eyes wide as his face turned crimson from hairline to below the collar of his shirt. "Why would you ask that?!"

The very idea was absurd! Dahnny was like a sister to him, they'd been inseparable since they were old enough to remember. Everyone knew that he acted like a protective big brother towards the rambunctious girl. You didn't ask your sister to marry you. It didn't matter if they had grown up into a pretty young woman.

visualspice

"Then why you takin' her to your Moth-"
The question was interrupted by another drunk boy, who laughed and spilled his drink on the way over to them.
"Woo, you saying the pretty little Dahnny is free for one of us to take?"
"Shit, and here we thought we'd have to behave with her while you were gone!" Another chimed in.

Zero

Chase never said he was taking Dahnny to his mother's house now, only that he wanted to spend his time left at home with the two most important people in his life. Then a second drunk idiot stumbled over to them. Then a third spoke up.

"No I'm not saying that!" The idea of one of these idiots ending up with Dahnny was reprehensible. Usually one to be extremely easy going and quick to laugh, Chase took a step forward, hands balled into fists and looking as angry as anyone had probably ever seen him. "Ain't none of you good enough for her. If I hear about any of you hassling her I'll come back just to remind you not to mess with my Dahnny."

visualspice

My Dahnny? Why'd he have to go and say it like that? It made it worse on all accounts and sure, rub salt into a wound when he already proclaimed he had no intentions of marrying her. So she couldn't very well hang around to listen to all of this, and slipped outside by herself while the boys continued to harass Chase.

She needed a few minutes.  Or a life time to get over that.

Zero

Chase had no idea that he might have said something upsetting. After all, Dahnny was his best friend, someone he had teased and looked out for all their lives, and he still saw the spirited, slightly bratty girl that he'd grown up with. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that she was becoming a woman, and he wasn't just a boy anymore, but becoming a man.

It took him a minute to realize that she had slipped out while he was glaring down the other young men. As soon as he realized she was gone he turned and bolted out the door, still feeling annoyed and embarrassed.

"Dahnny?" Chase called as he looked for her.

visualspice

She hadn't gotten far. She was standing in the shadows of a nearby tree, hoping wiping away any of her tears that were threatening wasn't noticable.  She didnt say anything either when he called for her. She still needed a moment.

Ansgar.. no she needed more time than could ever be allowed.

Zero

Chase felt a spike of panic when Dahnny didn't answer him right away, but then he caught sight of her standing in the shadows under a tree. He hurried over to her, brow knitted in concern.

"Are you okay Dahnny? Why didn't you answer me? Don't let those idiots bother you with their drunk stupidness." Chase thought that she was embarrassed by the boys asking about him marrying her or them having a chance with her. They were such idiots. He really didn't need to worry about chasing the boys away from harassing Dahnny. Chase knew that she'd give any boy that bothered her when she didn't want them to hell.

visualspice

She saw him approach and turned her gaze away. She didn't know what to say, each time she started her voice sounded raspy, or the words just didn't come out right. She shook her head, sighing as she raked a hand through her hair and looked at him, really looked at her friend.

She had a million things to say. A million things she should of said.
But she was hurt.
And her words came out in the only means she could thing of to defend herself.

"Yeah well, this is how it's always gonna be from now on now ain't it?"

Zero

"What do you mean?" Chase was genuinely confused, but she wasn't looking at him and he knew that she was upset with him, even if he didn't know what he'd done wrong this time.

visualspice

She tried to look at him but shook her head, needing to look away.
"You... you won't even be here for the next..." the sigh came out choked, frustrated. "I mean.. do we even know how long you'll be gone?"

Zero

Chase sighed heavily and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He stepped over to the tree and leaned his back against it, folding his arms across his chest and looking down as he scuffed his boot against the dirt.

"Did any of the other boys that had to go off know how long they'd be gone?" He asked quietly. They both knew the answer already. Nobody knew when the boys drafted to war would be back. They didn't know if they'd ever be back. "I don't want to go, Dahnny. You know I wouldn't leave if I had a choice."

visualspice

She really, really didn't want to have this conversation. To make matters worse, her head was still funny from drink.

"Chase..." her words came out frustrated as she stepped away, looking at him once before dropping her arms with a heated sigh. "Are we really having this conversation?! You were conscripted." Her head was shaking. "Ansgar's name, no man, young or old, has a choice!"

Zero

"I don't even know what conversation we're having!" Chase threw his hands up in frustration, not knowing what was going on at this point. One minute he was just trying to leave the party with Dahnny so they could spend what was left of their birthday in peace together without all the drunkards bothering them, and the next Dahnny'd vanished outside by herself and was being weird.

visualspice

Damn all the tears and booze! She had to turn away from him. Had to walk away. This was not how she wanted this night to go. She was turning into an emotional wreck and couldn't even verbally excuse herself as she was rushing to get away. She didn't want Chase to see her crying. He couldn't. She felt like a fool. She was a fool. Damn this night. Damn the Grand Duke. Damn this conscription!

Zero

"H-hey, Dahnny, wait!" Chase reached a hand out to try to grab her, but she had already slipped out of his reach. Why was she being like this? He really didn't understand what had happened to make the night to take a nosedive into disaster. This could be his last birthday to celebrate together with Dahnny.

It could be his last birthday ever.

Normally Chase would, well, chase her. Instead he was left standing there under the tree, staring after her until she'd vanished in the dark. He used his sleeve to wipe at his eyes angrily. Some soldier he was going to make.

visualspice

She wasn't sure what direction she was going in until her boots were stamping in mud. She had come to a small babbling brook, near a place she and Chase would have played in their youth. She should have went home- for it was getting dark, and was kind of late..
And cold.

But she barely felt the temperature, and it was welcomed on her face- which was still flushed from tears. She brushed away at them- they were unrelenting, and paused a moment to just let herself cry.

She needed it, as much as she hated to admit it. She had to get all of that emotion off of her chest, out of her system or she felt as if she might die! (to be dramatic about it)

But part of her was about to die..
And thinking about it started her crying again as she just let herself collapse into the mud against the stream.

Zero

Chase didn't know what to do. He wasn't good at talking, definitely not to girls. Dahnny had never been much of a problem to talk to, she didn't make him nervous or anxious, at least not until recently. What had he even done wrong? He really didn't know and it was frustrating.

Not sure what else to do, he found himself sulking around the village, walking without purpose and running his fingers through his hair. He half expected for Dahnny to find him and give him more of an earful, but when she didn't Chase found himself getting more and more worried about his best friend. Where had she gotten off to? The village wasn't that big!

"Dahnny? Are you stalking me again? The game is over, this isn't funny anymore." Chase looked around, but didn't see her and she didn't respond. He started working his way further from the village, checking places they would normally play together.