Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let's Play!

Started by visualspice, April 12, 2017, 12:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She looked down at the hem of her dress when he lectured about it being her birthday, too, before doing another classic eye roll. But as he went on about it, she found herself looking up at him and unable to look away from his eyes.

He must've been thinking the same thing she was.

"Come on," she went on with a laugh, one she hoped didn't sound nervous, but confident. "You act as if you'll go away and never come back."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Dahnny's fingers went cold, the chill tickling through the rest of her body. She had to look away. The pain now became too real.

"You're... you're not your dad." She told him, voice wavering. She wanted to sound strong. Why did he have to bring up his father? She shook her head, looking away.

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

No, he wasn't his father. His father was a lot better man than he would ever be. Chase was clumsy, immature, and dumb. Not that he actually was unintelligent, but he had a fairly low view in himself and wasn't good with words - especially around pretty women.

"CHASE! You're the birthday boy, are you going to hide over there chatting up Dahnny the whole damn night?" It was one of the older men, and the accusation brought another round of laughter.

"Yes!" The place roared with laughter. He blushed and ducked his head, then pulled a chair up next to her and sat down stubbornly. If it was his party he could sit where he wanted to. She didn't want to sit at the center of attention, so he'd just have to stay with her over here.

visualspice

Dahnny looked down at the table.
"Maybe we should go over. If we don't, theyll just harass you all night."

Zero

"They're gonna harass me all night anyway." Chase almost whined, but he reached out and grabbed her hand, giving a gentle tug. "C'mon. I'm not going without you."

visualspice

Dhanny went stiff a little when he grabbed her hand and found herself being pulled away before she could think. She stumbled along behind him, inwardly cursing that now it seemed their friends were now looking at THEM. Not them as in Dahnny and Chase, but THEm as in a pair-
because the seconds he entered all eyes were on her,a nd only Chase seemed to sweep her up and away, almost all for himself...

It didn't take long for the men to deduce and one drunken idiot to blurt out,
"Are you two sleeping together?"

And did Dahnny's face go red.

Zero

"Wh-what?!" Chase's eyes went as wide as saucers at the drunken question, and his face turned just as red as hers. Being the sweet, naive idiot that he was, he hadn't noticed the way their looks had turned from just Dahnny to the both of them. He also hadn't realized what his focused attention on her looked like.

"No, of c-course not!" He blurted out, ducking his head down abashedly, glancing at Dahnny with a look of absolute panic. Chase was still squeezing her hand. Sleeping together was for married people, and he couldn't marry a girl that he thought of as a little sister!

Could he?

visualspice

Her hand sweated against his, but when the man laughed, she growled and yanked her hand free of Chase and got right up into some of the men's faces.
"Even if we were, what business would it be of yours?"

That only made things worse, especially when one larger man, who was on home from a brief break from the war, hefted up the small girla nd tossed her over his shoulder.

"Because your lover would be goin' off to war, and that means you're free to forget him and have fun with the rest of us!"

And the entire place was roaring with laughter- that was until Dahnny's rage made her act stupidly, as she bit the man's hand, and bit it hard, forcing him to drop her as she rolled from his shoulders and landed on the ground with a quick recovering, then a kick to what was between his legs. And the big man went down.

And the entire place was laughing with applause.

A boy nearest Chase nudged him.
"Maybe you should take her with you to the army! she could protect you out there better than your brother's in arms could!" She was feisty! And her next statement proved it.

Hands on her hips, she raised her chin.
"Any other of you boys want to try something? Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't take you all down!"

And there was a unionized mocking of their fear.
Just they wait! She knew what was btween their legs- and that in itself, was a definitive downfall.

Zero

Chase wasn't laughing.

How could he just grab Dahnny like that and say things like that?! Dahnny wasn't some whore they could take turns having fun with! He felt rage and terror gnawing at him for a few moments. What the hell was going to happen to her once he was gone? Sure, most of the guys wouldn't do something like that, but it would only take one scumbag to see her hurt.

Then of course she bit the fuck out of the asshole before kicking him in the balls.

Yeah...that seemed about right. Nobody was going to take advantage of Dahnny. Some of that fear for her ebbed off. She didn't need him protecting her. He laughed at the other boy's suggestion.

"Yeah, but they don't let girls in." Plus Chase desperately wanted her to remain safe and carefree in their little quite village. The town had no part in the war, it had never seen a battle even super close to it. He wanted it to stay that way and for Dahnny to never be put in danger.

Chase laughed at her threat to the room, they might have mocked, but he had no doubt she'd have put a hurt on any of them. Still, he felt...unsettled.

"You tell 'em Dahnny. If another of them touches you, though, I'm going to lay him flat. Nobody messes with my best friend. They mess with you, they mess with me." He glared at the man that she'd downed, wishing he could deck him good, but he didn't want to start a fight at his own party.

Chase didn't even want to be at his own party.

visualspice

Dahnny was glaring fiercely, but then one of their closer buddies, Miklet, came with two fresh mugs of beer in hand.
"Look you two love bird best friends," he teased. "Just get some beer and drink with the rest of us! We're all here for a good time! Chase is going to be a man soon!" he went on, playfully ruffling the other boy's hair after they accepted their drinks.

"A man?" Dahnny rolled her eyes and took a drink of her beer, not realizing froth got on her upper lip as she made a face. "Why do you guys keep offering this to me?" She shook her head and stuck out her tongue. "Beer is so gross!"

Zero

Chase gave Miklet a little glare as he took the mug of beer from him, hunching his shoulders and ducking his head away at the ruffling. "We're...we're not love birds!"

It was a futile protest, of course. Everyone gave them a knowing look and it frustrated him because they seemed to know something he didn't. Chase gave a grumpy pout and took a drink of his beer, making a little face at the poor taste.

Some of the men chuckled at Dahnny's reaction to it.

"Because beer makes you drunk if you drink enough." Chase supplied unhelpfully. "And when you're drunk, you do dumb things."

visualspice

"Yeah, well I'm not dumb!" she protested.

"And truly a girl! Only a girl would refuse a beer!" another of their friends laughed.

Zero

"Everybody's dumb when they're drunk." Someone said with a laugh.

Chase shook his head and drank more of his beer. It didn't taste good, but everyone wanted him to drink it, and expected him to. His friends called it an acquired taste, but who liked taking the time to acquire it?.

"C'mon guys, leave her alone." He muttered, throwing a glance around at the people closest to them. "Nobody likes beer at first."

visualspice

Dahnny had enough and yanked the beer from the closest boy and knocked the entire thing back and chugged it down. It was unlady like, to be sure, with beer foam dribbling down her chin. And she made quite a face when she gave the last swallow, and slammed the cup down onto the table.

"It's awful. But anyone can drink that." And when she realized her face was a mess, she went to wipe off the foam on the back of her hand, and in doing so, jumped a little with a hiccup.

Zero

"D-Dahnny wait!" Chase couldn't have stopped her from chugging the beer if he tried, of course, but what was she thinking? The last thing he needed was to be worried about, and looking after, a boozed up Dahnny.

Hmph! And she'd been giving him the stink eye for drinking with the boys.

The guys thought it was hilarious of course, whooping and hollering encouragingly while she'd downed the beer. Except Chase who just scowled grumpily as he watched her wipe the foam from her face with a hiccup. "I thought you said you weren't dumb."

What if they got her all drunk and took advantage of her? Yuuuup, Chase had just found his worst paranoid fear for the day!

visualspice

Dahnny gave Chase a smack.
"Who you callin' dumb?" She eyed him. Funny, her head felt weird. She shook the sensation away, or at least tried to. Tossing her hair back, she stole a stein from another of the boys and shoved it towards Chase.
"Here, just have a drink. Then we'll go."
She was getting impatient and didn't want to stick around. Even if she wanted to stay by Chase for as long as she could....
There was just too much tension and too many obnoxious young men to make her want to stay.
Sighing, her eyes pleaded a bit with him- all the while the boys all around them continued their laughing.

Zero

"Ow!" Chase rubbed where he'd been smacked and pouted at Dahnny sullenly. She didn't have to hit him. Chugging alcohol was dumb! Especially if you weren't used to drinking, which neither of them were, given their age. Despite being upset that he got hit for no good reason he took the drink she shoved in his hands. He really didn't feel much like drinking or partying, and was glad when she said if he drank it they could go.

"Cheers, I guess." The beer wasn't great quality, but he knocked it back much like Dahnny had done a few moments before. He had called her dumb for it, but he really wanted to leave. Spending time with all the men while they got drunk just wasn't appealing. Chase just wanted to spend time with Dahnny while he still could.

"There, I did it, let's get out of here." He set the empty stein onto the table and reached a hand out to her.

visualspice

She couldn't hide her smile as she took his hand to stand- only to do so prematurely and yelp as she fell forward into him,  the toe of her boot catching the table leg.

Zero

It was completely instinctual. Chase just automatically put his arms around Dahnny protectively when she fell against him. His cheeks flushed and concerned flashed in his eyes. "Easy Dahnny, are you okay?"