Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shadow of his former self [M] [AevumEternity]

Started by Wycliff, May 07, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wycliff

Aven breathed softly, her touch enough to calm him. " You're right, I suppose I'm just shaken from recent events. Thank you, Haki." He makes to attempt to separate himself, instead snuggling closer to her side. He'd tried to be strong, and hide his uncertainty, his fear, but after spending do much time alone, that strength vastly weakened, spent in attempts to retain sanity. Would he ever be the man he was before, someone who could face the terrors if the night without flinching? He couldn't say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

Leaning forward, she pressed her lips to his forehead, settling closer to him. His presence was a relief and strengthened her perhaps more then he could have possibly imagined. Ironic how his weakened return caused her a spike in fortitude. Running a hand through his long hair, carefully untangling the knots - she tilts her head softly," We can keep moving through what you remember, you were a revolutionary when we first met, remember?" She flashes him a tiny smile. She would tell him... Hakon felt it defined him as an individual, after all. To take that from him would be to have only half of the Aven she loved and lost.

Wycliff

Aven's eyes opened wide as memories flooded his mind. A revolutionary... he remembered: his plans, the people he'd been assembling, Grand Duke Calent! It'd been his purpose before he met Hakon, his motivation. He wasn't a soldier, he'd joined Ansgar's Hand to find Mordecai that would help him against Calent, as well as to be closer to Hakon. It all made sense as the gaps in his memory were filled, and his silvery eyes closed, a seriousness setting into his voice, as he sat up to face her. "Hakon. Why would you remind me of such a thing?" It wasn't that he didn't want to remember, far from it. The problem was, he couldn't help but feel she was violating her own personal code for his his sake, a burden he didn't want Hakon to carry in addition to the others he'd thrust upon her. "Are you not the Major of Ansgar's Hand? You could have simply let me believe that I was a soldier, and kept me by your side. Why?" By the tone in his voice, Hakon would be able to tell that his confidence was back, his drive.

AevumEternity

Hakon gazed at him for a moment, pulling away slightly as she rests her hands idly upon his stomach, biting her lip for a moment,"... Because I am selfish," she answers quietly," Because I want all of the man I fell in love with, who I promised myself to, not just half of him. But always know-" she reaches up and strokes his cheek,"- if you attempt to continue, I will stop you," her voice was low, a deadly promise though there was quite a bit of... Hesitance in her words. She would do anything to protect the state of Connlaoth, but she was unsure if she would be able to fight him if it came to that.

" I am a General. So now more then ever, I will."

Wycliff

Her answer caused no reaction for a short while, as though Aven were pondering the merits. Then, with no warning, he wrapped an arm around her waist, and the pulled her up against himself, kissing her deeply without a word edgewise. That was the resolve he wanted to hear, the mark of the woman he'd fallen desperately in love with. She hadn't really changed a bit, despite an impressive promotion, and he couldn't be happier about the idea.

After their lips parted, he gave her a sly grin. "Hmm, is that so? You're gonna stop me, eh? You really are selfish, giving me back my little hobby and then forbidding me to practice it." He tickled her cheek playfully. "Glad to see you haven't changed, Haki."

AevumEternity

Flashing a small smile, she playfully nips at his finger," It's all for my self-righteousness I assure you," she muses quietly. Tilting her head to one side as she takes a quick breath and flashes a smile," I can't... Think of anything more you might have missed,"

Wycliff

Aven places a hand on his chin thoughtfully, raising an eyebrow and pouring his lips out in a mock-scholarly fashion, then has a fake epiphany. "That's right, I also forgot how to tie shoes!" He grins, nuzzling his nose with hers before rising, stretching out his shoulders and back. "I'm only jesting, I think you're correct. There aren't any more fogs in my head, I remember everything I should." He glances back at her. "Thanks to my lovely Haki."

AevumEternity

She blushes vaguely, her bright eyes flickering as she searches his face- lovingly stroking his cheek as she closes her eyes- nuzzling her nose against his briefly as she cups his face in her hands," Of course- but tell me, do you wish to keep your lion's mane or shall we shear it?" she playfully laces her hands through his hair, if her hair even grew at half the rate in a year, she would be all hair and no body, surely. The thought made her giggle softly.

Wycliff

Aven raised an eyebrow, remembering that his hair was a veritable mop. He chuckled softly, fishing her hands out of the silver locks and clasping them in his and pinning them to the bed, pulling her body against his. His hair began to dissolve into particles from the ends onward, and he kissed her briefly once more, nothing more than a peck, but by the time he'd withdrawn, the hair was back to the length it'd always been, and he relinquished one of her hands to riffle it up.

He shot  her a winning smile. "I like better this way: it would only hinder combat otherwise."

AevumEternity

She smiles and tilts her head to one side slowly, observing this- he never ceased to amaze her. Pulling her knees to her chest as she tilts her head," Then shall we get moving? I think we may as well slowly introduce you back to the world, it is not often men come back from the grave, you know."

Wycliff

Aven nodded, rising and letting her other hand free. "That's true, but how exactly should we go about it? As a general in the military, you have significant influence, is your word alone not enough?" He shuffled slightly in his posture. It was the first he'd thought about it, but he felt stronger than he remembered being. Significantly so, if fact, to the point that it was throwing off his balance. Odd.

AevumEternity

" You have a grave," she murmurs softly, glancing at him," Words alone would not be enough, we would have to fabricate a story and I may sign off on it as true from reliable sources. No one, not even your parents should know the truth..." she shoots him a small, weak smile," For the sake of their feelings for you, as their beloved son,"

Wycliff

Aven looked away, furrowing his eyebrows as the gentle light faded from his eyes. He wasn't a fan of deception, even when necessary. "Fine. Do what you have to, Hakon, but know that I don't approve. Politics may be a part of your life now, but you don't need to think like them, too." He glanced back. "A few well placed truths will always fair better than even the most perfect of lies. Remember that." A small huff of air left his nostrils as he exited the room. "I'll be waiting outside the door for you to dress." The door shut not too quietly behind him, his displeasure evident. It wasn't misplaced, either: Hakon would have enemies as a general, even within the political landscape of Connloath, those who would see themselves take her place, or perhaps eliminate opposition to certain plans. As her husband, he would be a prime target, and if there was even a single hole in the story she fabricated, everything would come crashing down on her. To say that she would be court marshaled would be an understatement: if they found out she was harboring a mage, and a powerful one at that, she might very well be sentenced to death.

He cracked his knuckles, a glower on his face. Not that they would succeed in such a feat.

AevumEternity

Hakon watched him leave with surprise, biting her lip as she settled back upon the bed, closing her eyes- bowing her head. Not that anyone would believe he would simply come back from the dead, the story had to be good, even if it made him look bad in the eyes of those who dared to look into it. She ran a hand through her hair, it wouldn't be wise to even go out until the story was made and spread about- alas... She curled her hand into a fist, watching her knuckles turn white about the black ring upon her finger. She couldn't keep him here like a dirty secret. What happens, happens.

Steeling herself, she moved to get dressed and soon exited the room, offering him a weak smile," Lets go, shall we?" she asks softly

Wycliff

Aven's eyes became downcast after only a few more seconds of thinking. Right as he may be, it wasn't fair to Hakon for him to blow up like he did. She was under enough stress as it was, especially as a general, and he was supposed to lighten her load, not pile strife onto it. Besides, it wasn't as if she were stupid, Hakon could come up with something good for a coverup. After all, there was no record of him anywhere for an entire year: it would be impossible to ascertain proof against their story so long as she didn't cite any sources.

As Hakon emerged, Aven smiled gently, and took her arm in his. "I'm sorry, Haki, I didn't mean to get so angry. I just worry about you, but I trust you with all my heart, and I know you'll do great."

AevumEternity

Hakon seemed relatively surprised by his apology, but paused and smiled lovingly, carefully wrapping her arms about his neck, her hands cradling the back of his head as she looks into his silver eyes. The particles that danced in his irises had long since ceased to disturb her, and had only added to the beauty she found in him," It's alright, I bet... It's not easy being dead too," she answers light heartedly.

His words meant the world to her, and until this was all under control, she would need to do her damnedest to place the pieces of the puzzle together as best she could. It was enough stress to cause both of them to break. But she knew they would thrive... They always did.

Wycliff

Aven laughs at her response, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling it tight to his own. He gazed lovingly into those hazel-grey stars or hers, the same that had enchanted him countless times before. "To tell you the truth, it's probably easier braving the void than it is sucking up to a crowd of blowhard nobles. At least in the darkness, you don't have to hear idiotic prattle." He was tempted to set his lips to hers once more, but he hesitated, stopping to considere the merits. If he could kiss her for the rest of time, he'd jump at the chance, but he didn't know if she felt the same about that in particular. Such things may get old for her, and he didn't want to force himself on her. "Haki, you don't get tired of kissing, do you?"

AevumEternity

" Trust me, I am thinking I need to be a little more then simply buzzed in order to get through some of the nonsense I've had to deal with." She chortles lightly, shifting in his arms to gaze at him more lovingly, her eyes brightening considerably," If I got tired of kissing, I would be as cold as stone- don't ever let that happen, please?" She murmurs, leaning upward slightly to kiss him in turn, hugging him about the neck warmly.

Wycliff

Aven smiles wider, leaning into the kiss. "My pleasure..." Could she be any more perfect? The question lingered absently in his mind and her lips washed other meaningless thoughts such as worries or fears away. It was all he could do not to buckle under the softness of her lips, and the gentle caress of her arms around him. He soon became lost in the embrace, caring not for accomplishing anything that day. Perhaps they could just go back to the room, and stay locked against each other for a while longer...

AevumEternity

Hakon's tired and still dazed mind instantly seems to follow his path of logic- she just wanted to sleep and cuddle... Enthusiastically if the occasion arose. As she pulled away, she rested her face against his neck, gently pushing his back against the wall of the hallway, embracing him tightly,"... I won't lose you," she murmurs suddenly, her voice muffled and quiet," I won't-"