Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Green and Red (Trinity)

Started by CyclicalCycal, May 14, 2017, 08:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyclicalCycal

Cara wandered along the shadowed path, the twilight looming like a terrible hateful spectre. The sky was burning orange, but the light was more than she needed. She didn't need the path anyway. In fact, it was a detriment. So, Cara wandered off, listening to whispers. Not one, but many. Hundreds and hundreds, nature herself, every plant and every animal voiced themselves to Cara.

It was deafening. It was maddening. It was wonderful and marvellous and it enchanted her to the point of obsession.

Cara kept moving, deeper into the forest. She was being led somewhere. Even if only a few floral voices wished to draw her away, they were enough. They were concerned and they were weary and they spoke to Cara for they had seen something terrible and red. Not red like roses or red like blood but red like hate and red like feasts. They felt the presence of demons. Hateful, ravenous demons. And so it was that they spoke with the one being that could hear them, the Druid prodigy, Cara.

She drew ever closer to this thing that she was being told to go to. But she didn't know. She didn't know. If the demon was preparing a trap, she'd be walking right into it. With her verdant and green soul ripe for the picking.

Trinity

On the tree branches, the first thing Eve noticed was how dark it has gotten. Orange skies were in the air, and the smell of the forest was breathed in.

Her last kill has yet to corrupt the pure smell of the forest. The wind started to pick up, bringing the smell of dirt and sounds of creatures from ahead.

Smiling, Eve grabbed an apple she found on the woman's body that was unfortunately, or was it fortunately deceased the day Eve was hungry. She started to become oblivious to everything around her as her main objective was to fulfill her ravenous hunger of her stomach.

Blending in the shadows of the trees created by the orange and red skies, stood, Spellie. Keeping watch over for his oblivious and young keeper. It wasn't until five short minutes after that he started to see a figure walk into and his eyes turned red to glare. And whatever Spellie sees, Biggie can see as well.

'Don't say a word, Biggie. Let's wait to see what is person gonna do,' Spellie secretly spoke to Biggie.

As the figure walked closer, Spellie is surprised to see another young maiden, an elf perhaps, walk closer to them. Biggie is also surprised at this revelation.

'Eve dear, we got company', spoke Spellie.

At this Eve looked towards where Spellie was looking...still munching on the remains of the apple.

CyclicalCycal

Cara blinked. She stared. She was quite surprised. It was shown upon her face, her working eye an utterly shocked thing. Her wooden eye stared out, blank and dead as is its way. Her gaze trailed down to the corpse. "...you killed that person!" She accused, pointing forwards.

As Cara pointed, the woods around her festered and changed. They heard the call of their master, and they seemed to shift, if only slightly. Cara was filled to the brim with Druidic energy, the inheritor of the Ovun name. It was a stark contrast to the fallow power of the thing she saw. She didn't feel it, but the forest hadn't lied to her, and it wouldn't lie to her, and she trusted it with every fibre of her being.

"...where's the demon?! They're telling me there's a demon!"

Trinity

Eve stared blankly at the accuser who looked not much older than she was. However, she is confused about who told the girl that Spellie is within the area, still standing from the shadows of a tree near Eve.

"Tsk, you think that I would kill a person for no reason? I just want to live my life, but people like the dead body near us, wants to either harm or take me  like I'm some sort of p-pet!" growled Eve.

She then goes to the corpse and pulls an item from their lifeless hand. A metal chain that connects each end to make a circle. A yellow glow brightens from this item. 

"I want to live as myself, I am Eve, not a slave! They wouldn't take no for an answer and decided to chase me. As me killing the person. No it is not me. That credit belongs to my protector. Come out Spellie!" Eve ordered while snapping her fingers.

Said demon walked from the shadows and stood behind Eve. Spellie growls out conjuring a ball of fire on the palm of his ashen-ed, grey hand.

"I killed this pitiful mistake of a human being. Not only did the woman say to my keeper she wanted to enslave her to do her bidding, but she had the AUDACITY to bring out the collar to put on Eve's neck," Spellie deeply growled out.

Spellie gently took the collar from Eve's small, bloodstained hands from touching the corpse and threw it towards the other girlish figure.

"Eve has been through so much pain. The neglect from her parents. The beatings from strangers. Now some mortals want to claim my-OUR KEEPER to control us. Tell me little girl, which is the worst demon. Me? Trying to protect my precious Eve. Or THEM...Whose side are you on?" Spoke Spellie.

Meanwhile, Eve tried to fight back tears from listening to Spellie tell the brief story of her past and brings her small fists to wipe out any excess tears

CyclicalCycal

Cara watched and stared, eyes wide. And then, as she was accused, the very forest seemed to loom up, as if an extension of the child. She was angry. Livid. HATEFUL. Hate burnt through her, for the forest was not loving nor caring nor kind. It was violent and angry and it had the capacity to hate.

But there was no hate towards Eve, no. It was hate towards demons. Those things that were anathema, the presence that made her skin crawl and her blood boil and her organs seems to churn and writhe.

However, she was pulled. Pulled against her nature and her morals. For, Cara, not so long ago, perhaps, had been in a similar position. She was at a loss for words, but all around them, did roots writhe and churn, moving from the ground as Cara was quite conflicted.

Trinity

"Other than the protection of my keeper, or being enraged towards strangers who seek to harm or control my Eve, I rarely kill...doesn't mean i don't enjoy it, I do though. I am not following justice, nor do I seek peace. But look at Eve, she is worth killing for, even if it means for little things for food. I do not show love, I don't show empathy or compassion. I only show anger, calmness and only kill for her. Although it does make me evil and who I am as a demon, if Eve wants me to kill. I will do so for her."

Eve stares at Spellie in awe after listening to his speech. At first she was fearful of the forest and the mysterious girl, but now knowing that she won't harm Eve. Eve smiled and brought out an apple and held it out towards the stranger, not being cautious that she might get harmed. Only wanting to give the clean red apple to her.

At this, the taller demon, Biggie appeared from the shadows behind both Eve and Spellie.

"She is just a child after all...and the one who freed us from our prison," both demons spoke softly, showing an emotion they haven't shown to Eve or others before...affection.

CyclicalCycal

"...I don't need the apple." Cara mumbled, staring at the apple. She tilted her head, looking to it. The forest grew around her, and from her feet sprouted a wonderful berry bush, filled with the most vibrant fruits imaginable. They were blackberries and they looked delicious.

Cara then turned her gaze to the demons. "You're evil! You're demons and demons need to die and be sent back to the Red Realm they came from! Father told me all about you!" She accused, pointing at them with a very angry finger. But, she didn't seem like she was going to strike. She wanted to wait for their response to this.

Trinity

Both Spellie and Biggie looked down towards Eve, who was instantly disappeared. Rotating their bodies to find their keeper, they found Eve crouching next to the conjured up berry fruits in awe.

Both demons facepalmed at the scene and waited for Eve's orders like they usually would unless she was attacked, but actually started to look worried at Eve's reactions to what the girl accused.

Tears filled Eve's eyes at the girl's statement. In an instant, Eve put her short arms as tight as she could around the strangers hips, due to being shorter than her and started to beg.

"Bwahhh! P-Please *sniffle*, they not do anything wrong! *sniff* They try to protect me. T-they always have, my parents hate me, my home h-hates me too. D-dont send them away...I-I will be alone again," cried Eve, not letting go the stranger, "Here apple, b-but please don't send them away*sniff*."

"Wow, she never cried like this before. You handle it girlie, we don't know how to handle this situation. We only attack if she is hurt or she is ordering us to. She won't listen unless she is surprised about something," Spellie spoke while covering Biggie's mouth who was gonna protest.

CyclicalCycal

Cara was promptly hugged. She blinked, down at Eve, seeming very surprised. Her righteous rage and her proclamations of the glory of nature had melted away in an insult, and she was left as a very confused child.

"W-what are you doing?" What a strange question. A strange question, from one strange person to another strange person. Cara seemed to have sort of frozen up, she was quite surprised. Shocked and terrified, perhaps?

Cara was at a loss for words.

Trinity

Eve didn't reply back, she only hugged more deeply and pushed her face into the stranger's stomach in an attempt to ignore any protests.

"Please, don't send them away," spoke a muffled Eve.

Both demons did nothing but looked at the scene, mildly shocked that Eve cared for them that much. After all, they would do anything for Eve, even if it means leaving for her safety, which should not be anytime soon by the attention she keeps getting.

Still holding onto the apple and the stranger, Eve gently grabs the stranger's hands, placed the apple on the hand, feeling the softness of it and then placed it in between them while hugging.

CyclicalCycal

"G-gah!" Cara got out, moving to push at Eve and stagger back, eyes wide. A few roots sprung from the ground, for Cara had prepared to fight and fought she was ordained to cast out the demons. So, she was controlling them.

So, in her fear, they acted afraid as well. It was rather bizarre.

Cara took the apple, regardless, staring at Eve. "I-I duontneedtheapple!" She got out. "W-what're you doing?! They're evil! We need to kill them and then it'll be good cause the demons will be dead and it'll be good!"

Trinity

Eve, curled into herself, hands hugging her knees, face on the top her thighs. The only movement shown is the shaking of her head and shoulders, and the only sound she made were sniffles.

Slowly and quietly, Eve moved her head up and stared at the other girl. The usual who colour of grey in her eyes turned three quarters grey and red is starting to fill the other quarter.

"You said that demons are evil, even though they protect me. If they are gone and I am alone who else will be with me? To protect me, to help me grow. I am still wanted by others, if they come and my guardians are not here, will I die, or will i get caught and become a slave to be beaten because I can't follow instructions to bring out the demons?" questioned Eve, "Even if I hide with you, what if they somehow find us. Bandits and others of evil with harm the forests, me and you. I don't want to be a slave. That is why they are here, to protect me for releasing them out of their prison."

Biggie, not necessarily being needed anymore, started to sink into Eve's shadows while Spellie crouched near Eve and patting her head. By patting Eve's head, Spellie shows the signs that he will follow Eve's next orders straight and through.

CyclicalCycal

"But...you dun need to hide!" Cara proclaimed. "I'm not hiding! I'm seeking!" She said, the glory of nature filling her. It was a ravenous, virulent, volatile and green glory. But it was glory, nonetheless. She was a green augur and she was as primal as the earth. "If you're afraid...I can take you to Father! He's the best at killing demons! And he'd surely help cause he's nice and he needs friends cause all the other friends got killed by the Colourless." Cara explained. Was she speaking in poetry, or did she simply not understand?

Regardless, Cara wandered over towards Eve not really feeling afraid. Around her followed roots, looming up behind her like snakes, coiled and ready to strike. She wasn't directing them, but they did seem to be protecting her, in some instinctive way.

Trinity

"I don't care about other demons. I care about the ones who have been protecting me in these cruel lands. You are loved by your father, but me...I am loved by no one. You have the everlasting woods and forests to protect you, I have my guardians. To me they are not demons. They are my friends and they are the ones who protect me from the bad demons in human skin," Eve cried out in anger, "They don't hurt me, look at Spellie. When I hugged you he didn't move knowing you won't hurt me, when you pushed me away, he didn't do anything because he knows you won't hurt me. They don't make me feel alone, just like how the forests don't make you feel alone."

From the side, Spellie was watching the two tell their own feelings about demons.

Tap, tap , click, tap, rustle

'Hmm, is someone coming this way?' Spellie looked towards the two girls then back to the sound, 'I will head back into the shadows of the tree, see what might be coming.'

Spellie walked towards a tree, and blended into the shadows as he crouched and became aware of the surroundings as well as continuing to listen to the dialogue of the two girls.

CyclicalCycal

"But-but they're evil!" Cara justified, scowling as Eve failed to see her point of view. "Demons are an affront to everything!" She said, clearly mimicking something that someone had told her once upon a time. Cara didn't notice the creature leave, nor did she care. The roots around her shifted and moved, twisting as she pointed to Eve.

"W-why're you supporting them?! Are you a warlock? Warlocks are evil."

Trinity

Eve tilts her head in confusion. Warlock? What is a warlock? And so, Eve voiced her confusion of what a Warlock is.

Meanwhile, Spellie left the scene towards the noise, knowing Biggie would protect them, even though is starting to get annoyed at the other girl.

'I get that she hates demons, but is she willing to risk Eve's safety just to rid of us. What will happen to her then?'

While crouching and looking past the bushes, Spellie saw the group. It was the same group that fled after he killed that woman leader. Now they are back, twirling another collar like it was a miniature hula hoop. Shouldn't that nature girl sense them? Spellie knows she is somehow connected to the forest.

'Better head back quick, as much I am annoyed with the other girl, she won't be able to stand against the mages coming for us, even when they notice the girl's strange power.'

CyclicalCycal

"Father told me about warlock's! They're evil people and they make deals with devils. They like fire and they burn the forest. Fire's bad cause it burns the forest." She explained, nodding.

Cara's presence began to shrink, roots and such collapsing into the ground. She had discarded her power. She didn't need it. Regardless, she was oblivious to this group of slavers. Perhaps she was more focused on demons. Perhaps the forest couldn't see them. Perhaps she didn't even care.

"We can get rid of the demons, then they wont hurt you anymore!"

Trinity

"Well I'm not a warlock. I don't have any powers at all. Spellie and Biggie only show up to protect me or when I call them out when I'm alone...Where is Spellie?" wondered Eve.

Immediately afterwords, Spellie ran out of the bushes and spoke quickly to the two girls, but mainly Eve.

"Eve... The same group that tried to enslave us are back, with another collar as well," Spellie huffed out.

Eve looks up in shock, no one ever came back after they failed once. She stared at Spellie before looking towards the stranger.

"You better leave if you don't want to see them die. You may hate me and demons even more, but please understand. They will always come for me, they will never stop and my guardians are different from other demons. They will always and forever protect me," Eve bluntly spoke, "Remember what you said if the demons leave, they won't hurt me. What if they capture me only to kill me after telling them that I don't have them anymore or they hurt me since they won't believe me...Spellie!"

At Eve's command, Spellie stood infront of both girls and started his own demoncraft magic. Conjuring a red, hot fireball hovering over his palm, holding a lightning shaped staff and created by lightning in the other, and having the dark orange skies colouring Spellie and facing towards the hostile group that would be coming soon, making him look like the demon he is...in order to protect his keeper and her mildly annoying companion.

"I'm ready, Eve!" Spellie growled out.

"I always wanted to feel love from another, you could've been a sister I never had...I'm sorry," whispered Eve as she started to tear up and she hugged the girl for two seconds before letting go and replying, 'You should leave...sister...'

Eve then walked towards Spellie's feet and looked towards the direction the group would be coming from, and not looking back.

CyclicalCycal

Cara had one question. One, singular question, after all she said. That question was very strange.

"...what's a sister?"

Regardless, Cara didn't leave, staring forwards as the roots receded into the ground. She watched and waited, seeing no threat. She was the forest, and she was the green augur and she was the Ovun scion. Nothing could stop her. Then, she saw the fireball.

"...don't...cast that! No fire!" She demanded, roots suddenly bursting from the ground once more, priming themselves, readying to strike and bind and attack, looking like snakes in the ground.

"No fire! FIRE IS BAD! NO!" She heard the cacophony of screams. The anathema. The nightmare. The demonic flame immortal, that burnt and rent and was nothing but a blight that needed to be snuffed out forever.

Her wooden eye burst into a different flame. A cold, green flame that was not real. It was an outlet for the power that she could not contain, that if she clutched onto would tear her limb from limb. "NO HELLFIRE!" She roared, not understanding the situation.

Trinity

Eve look back in shock of Cara's power.

'Oh no,' Eve thought, ' If the groups finds her power they won't stop at nothing to get both of us. Why, do I care about her?? My head hurts...Fire is a no no. Lightning can cause fire? So that is a no. I need something that won't burn down the forest to calm her down...Strenght? Biggie?? BIGGIE!"

"Spellie! Spellie!" Eve cried out getting said demon's attention," Swap with Biggie quick, or we are gonna have another problem."

Spellie nodded and sunk into Eve's shadows only to be replaced by a much larger and armoured demon.

'Hmph. That girl is getting on my nerves'

WACK!

"Don't be mean. There are bad people after me, stop them and I will try to calm her down," yelled Eve and she ran towards the girl.

"Sis! There is no fire! The forest will not be hurt, please calm down!"cried Eve, "Please look at me, you said what is a sister. A sister is someone who is willing to care for you and is part family!"

Eve charged through the primed roots, uncaring if they hurt her or cause injuries and pulled the girl, Eve called sister into another deep hug.

Meanwhile, Biggie just met the groups of bandits and magical slavers, who were thinking there were gonna fight the other, MUCH smaller demon. Nevertheless, the group charged and a mage stood behind to cast any supportive spells and damaging ice spells.

Tags: