Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Tipsy Side of Things

Started by Sheshia, June 18, 2017, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

Ooc Tags: @Gawfy @Marakai @Elekta Kount @Valtxr sorry if its so short X.X
---------------------Merf

Salfia walked into the tavern with Olpie on her shoulder with it's eyes closed. She sat down at one of the tables near a wall and ordered a piece of shepards pie and some ale. Like she usually does. The tavern had a few lights on and a few people drinking and having a few conversations. It was a mild atmosphere save for the people playing darts and having a good time.

They were loud but as long as they were having a fun competition it was all good. The waitress came over with the pies and drinks setting them down on the table and Olpie walked onto the table while Salfia split it between the two if them along with the drink and they started to eat. Olpie was very happy and it pretty much radiated off her. Salfia smiles and goes to eating again.

Marakai Trin

THUMP.

In the corner, a few men were playing a game of darts. One of them clearly had the upper hand, though no one had managed to score yet, as the darts never seemed to stay on the board for no reason.

"What are you doing? I'd have won by now, but you keep knocking my darts out of the circle! What gives?"

Another man responded. He didn't seem like much, rather short with his thin frame hidden underneath a ragged longcoat. Longish gray-blonde hair spilled over a pale face, eyes the color of jade peering from underneath the odd colored strands.

"Relax, frien'. I'm jus' havin' some fun wit' ya. No' like there's any gold ridin' on it, yeah?"

"You daft fool, you put five hundred pieces on this game on your own!"

Itachi smirked. "Did I, now? Me apologies. I seem ta 'ave forgotten. Well, 'en, I s'pose I should jus' end th' game an' collect me money, eh?" He grinned and pulled his three darts, holding all three in a loose grip between his fingers.

And then he flung them, almost haphazardly, toward the dart board.

Two of them stuck in the board. The third knocked the other man's only dart from the board-  the two that stuck both set a fingers width apart, within the bullseye.

"Well, 'en. Altogether, ya sods owe me fifteen hunnerd pieces. Imma doubtin' any'un of ya c'n top th' board, now, so pay up an' I'll be on me way, yeah?"

Sheshia

"Why you cheating bastard!" The man yelled looking at the other two men. They seemes just as angry. This man was cheating after all. "We owe nothing to a cheater!" He swung his fist aiming for the short man's gut while one charged and one hung back.

So the fight has started.

Salfia watched the fight start up. She didn't mind the person having knocked the other guys dart off the board. Or whatever they called it. She rolles her eyes and watched the brawl. As lonf as their food wasn't ruined they would be fine.

Olpie snorted a bit watching as well. She was very interested. This was a new way of fighting she has seen. Though by the look of Salfia she was a bit curious yet unamussed as well. Maybe she see fights like these before while Olpie was younger? Salfia was orettg amart but she looked like she was already a bit drunk so who knows what she would do and think.

RogueWolf

Cristof studied the caravan with a malicious glean in his eyes.  If the rumors he had heard were true this caravan was not only ripe for the picking but it was loaded with all manner of mystical objects that would help him further his quest for global domination.  He set that goal aside for the moment and concentrated on the task at hand.  It was going to be relatively easy to take out the small number of guards present, he wouldn't even need to break a sweat for those.  No, his greatest task was going to be finding the artifacts and making an escape.

At his signal a small army of skeletons lurched forward in front of the lead cart causing the horses to rear up in panic.  It took no time at all for fireballs to appear from one of the other carts incenerating the unlucky skeletons and causing Crisof a bit of grief.  He had brought reinforcements in case of something like this though.  Magic was far too common place to think it wouldn't show up.  At his signal skeleton archers began raining fire arrows down on the carravan.

The lead cart went up like a torch when it was hit leaving Cristof to wonder what exactly its cargo had been.  His eyes focused next on the very last cart as it attempted to turn around and flee.  Two vampires slew the horses pulling the cart before they were reduced to ashes by whatever, or whoever, was throwing fireballs around.

Cristof saw the latest fireball originate from one of the wagons in the middle of the "convoy" and an evil grin spread over his face.  He cast a spell and watched it take hold.  Moments later the once strong cart fell to the ground as rugged wheels rotted underneath it.  Strong wooden planks gave way to the elements and corroded into dust and man, woman, child, and cargo spilled out onto the ground.  Caught in the open they stood little chance against the forces Cristof called down upon them. With the only threat to his undead neutralized he and his "men" descended upon the hapless caravan slaying everyone and everything except a pair of horses to drag the loot along to his current lair.

Marakai Trin

Itachi grinned, glee in his jade eyes as he danced around the man's jab towards his gut. Itachi was a small man, true, but very dexterous, and stronger than he initially looked.

He observed as the man's arm fully extended as he apparently had expected his attack to connect. Quicker than one might expect, Itachi raised an arm, and brought his elbow down to send the other man's attack askew, and the man himself way off balance.

As he stumbled forward, Itachi put a foot in his path, and grinned as he fell on his face. That same foot ended up on the back of the man's head, and Itachi grinned at the other two men as a second one charged.

"Ya don' fuckin' think 'fore ya attack, do ya?" He pushed up with one leg, kicking himself into the air and landing a knee to the man's nose. Unconscious, he fell in a heap on the first man, effectively pinning him.

Itachi smiled, jade eyes gleaming. "Now, then. Jus' you an' me, big guy. Whatcha gonna do, eh? Join yer frien's on th' floor there, or are ya gonna get me damned money?"

Gawfy

Loud. why must everyone be so loud?
Gabe was still living large with all the money he had gotten from his last job with Jorge, Sharon and company and his hand was healed up to boot. He had been waking up in a warm bed for the past few months and still had enough to drink and gamble every night. He would spend his days shooting the shit and wasting his money and his nights drinking until he blacked out and tonight was no different, there was only one problem with drinking like he did and that was the horrid hangovers.

Gabe was nestled at the bar with his head down nursing a glass of water when the fight broke out.
Goddd please not today.. He muttered as he kept his head down. He then put his hands over his ears to muffle the sounds of the fighting

RogueWolf

From the site of the ambush it was a mere twenty miles to the place Cristof was calling "home" for the moment.  He gave a cold chuckle at the thought.  It was hard to call an open field home but the ancient mass graves that were scattered throughout gave him access to an army of immense proportions even if they did go up like candles.  Half of the skeleton army that he had raised was even more worthless than that as wolves and other scavengers had removed any number of bones from most of the corpses.  You had to work with what you had though. 

The lone tent, his tent, sat in the middle of the open field and it was here that the wagon approached and began to unload its cargo.  It was a strange mix of objects from jeweled daggers to oddly shaped pins and even an occasional wand.  A couple of small music boxes and a lone fishing hook were the oddities though.  Cristof stared at these wondering what, or even if, they possessed any kind of magical energy.  If they did it was indeed strange to have it umbued into these objects.  He spend the next several hours staring at the three objects, holding them, trying anything he could think of to unlock their powers.

Frustrated with the lack of results he stood and began exiting the tent.  The sight that he beheld caused his legs to turn to jelly for a moment.  Whoever was expecting the caravan knew it was missing, knew it had been taken, and had been able to follow the tracks from the wagon.  Not only had they been able to but they were here now and in force.  They had brought a small number of mages with them he saw from the burning remains of his army.  Damn then damn them all.  He turned back to grab the fishing hook before he made an attempt to flee it was small and he could try and figure it out at a later time.

Voices from behind him gave him the distinct impression that they were getting close... and everything went dark.

Sheshia

The largest guy growled a bit obviously thinking things through but not for long. He stretched out a bit more before swining another punch.

Salfia grinded her teeth, idiot. But then again the guy did cheat supposedly. Or they were to drunk to throw the darts right. They just wanted a nice meal and some drink but this was getting ridiculous. She poked Olpie and point to the man. Olpie nods understanding it and then attcked the poor soul giving him a few good scratches on his head before a few guards rush in. Salfia whistles to Olpie who rushes back to her licking her claws. Someone must have heard the racket. As long as they stayed cool everything would be fine. She went back to drinking her drink watching them. As long as they weren't recognized everything should run smoothly.

Marakai Trin

Itachi grunted as he ducked under yet another punch, more from exasperation than the actual exertion. He felt the man's fist barely graze the hair atop his head, noting that this was the closest any of the three of them had come to actually touching him.

"I really dunno wha' yer damn problem is, mate, but all I wan'ed was ta play darts fer a bit o' coin. Yer the ones thinkin' ya can....wassat, now?"

Some furry draconic looking creature had latched itself upon the other man's head, getting in a few good scratches on his face before fleeing back to another table. He noted the girl sitting there, and offered a nod and a wink in thanks.

He didn't even see the guards come in, just slightly preoccupied with the fight before him. When the man stopped reeling from the gouges on his face, Itachi noted he'd lost his attention. The burly looking fellow charged at the girls table, her and her pet the obvious target.

"'Ey, now, yer fightin' me, no' her. Ya get'cher ass back 'ere." He reached within his coat, slipping a finger within one of his cleverly hidden pockets, and pulled out a thin throwing knife.

Just as the man laid a hand upon the table, that throwing knife found itself pinning the man's hand to the table, having gone straight through his palm and burrowing deeply into the tables surface.

"There ya go, bird. No more unsightly types ta bother ya....hey, now, wha's the deal?"

At this point the guards had grabbed him from behind, wrenching his arms behind his back rather painfully.

"....again, boys? Now, c'mon, this time it really wasn't me fault...."

RogueWolf

Cristof woke up groggily feeling the knot on the back of his head throbbing as he did so.  Whatever location he was in was dark, not just dark but black.  Windowless, empty, blackness.  He wriggled his toes against the floor to feel the texture of the floor surprised to find the floor was stone.  Somebody had spared no expense at least for this particular room.  Obsidian perhaps? He hadn't known it could be used for flooring not that he had reason to care before. 

He blinked his eyes willing them to adapt to the darkness and found they would not,  or could not, adjust to the inky blackness.  It took him a moment to realize he was lying on the stone floor with hands and feet bound.  He could not see the bindings but by tugging against them he believed not only were hands and feet bound but they were all bound together in front of him.  He laughed quietly at the stupidity of his captors didn't they know who he was? He was Cristof Zorin dark magus and master of....

From behind him he heard a creaking a mere second before blinding light spilled in illuminating his situation.  The wall he faced was covered in an array of chains, manacles, and whips.  The whips ranged from bullwhips to cat of ninetails and everywhere inbetween.  He gulped before trying to raise his head and look toward the light and the figure entering the room along with it.

Tags: