Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So You Can Fly Right? (Marakai)(P)(M)

Started by Blink, June 24, 2017, 02:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

As she had expected Itachi had impeccable timing. He was beside her within a matter of minutes and now both of them stared at the men making their way towards the Citadel.

"Delightful" her tone just as serious as his.

By the handful, dragon hunters began running in their direction clearly taking no time to catch their breath after that treacherous climb. It wasn't until they were within range that her serious expression curled into a terrifying smile.

"I'll take the right." And then Jaela was gone, storming towards the men attempting to siege her home. She didn't even have any weapons in hand as she lunged forwards, but then again Jaela never really needed any.

The first hunter whipped past her, swinging a blade that Jaela merely dropped on her knees and slid under to avoid. The man didn't even have a chance to swing again before Jaela had flipped backward, using her hands to vault herself from the ground and wrap her own legs around his neck, pulling him forwards with her body as his face slammed into the ground.

Sitting on top of his unconscious corpse she then eyed two more who were headed in her direction. Jumping up she matched their pace, running straight at them before stopping suddenly. It threw the two men off as they looked to her and then one another.

"Bye bye" she giggled before flicking her wrist as if to wave them away. It was then that the ground beneath them began to quake before a large rock structure jolted from the ground and sent them flying off the mountain's side. Seeing as this was probably the most efficient way to decrease their numbers Jaela repeated her trick at least three more times. Groups of men were sent flying off the edge to the earth thousands of feet below with nothing more than a hand flick from the wiley girl.

She had gotten it down to three remaining on her side and so Jaela decided to have a bit of fun. She let them all run at her with weapons drawn without even so much of a flinch. With each swing of a blade, Jaela dodged by either dropping or jumping back. It was times like this her short stature came in handy. It was all too easy to dodge attacks like this, especially from large weapons. Small weapons like what Itachi used were a different story....

Marakai Trin

Small weapons, like daggers, knives, shuriken, and yet another surprise he kept hidden up his sleeves were a godsend in situations like this. Up on the wall, he had range over the entire battlefield.

For a moment, he held back, watching Jaela hold her own against the group she decided to take on. He watched her movements, and theirs, and almost immediately knew that this was going to be a cakewalk.

With a bloodthirsty grin, he pulled his two daggers from the sheathes on his belt, twirling the beautiful black blades between his fingers.

He wouldn't even need range for this.

And so, he didn't bother to meet them on level ground. When the group of men made it within twenty feet of the wall, he simply jumped, grin gone again as he formulated his plan of attack.

Itachi landed feet first on the shoulders of one man, riding him down as he fell backwards. Just as he was about to hit the ground, he leapt a second time, over the sweeping horizontal slice of a broadsword from a man to his side.

His twin daggers buried themselves in the chest of the man he'd surprised, and the blades lay abandoned there for the moment as he rolled to his feet.

He spent the next several seconds dancing around the blades swung at him, ducking and dodging, goading their wild swings into connecting with the men behind him.

Stupid, stupid fools. Now, the coup de grace.

A battleaxe swept low at his feet, and almost casually he stepped up onto it's broad surface, riding it's ascent and leaping high with it's momentum.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still as he spun into the air. Each hand slid into its opposite sleeve with a deft moment, grasping handfuls of the contents within.

During his spin into the air, and just reaching the apex of his jump, he flung his hands outward. A storm of battle darts, thin and weighted, flung from his hands, peppering the men around him. Faces, chests, throats, soft spots in armor....

All were kill marks.

When he landed again, he fell to his hands and knees, and slowly stood. Around him, all was quiet for a moment. Again, time stood still.

And then they fell in a cacophonous clash of metal and dead flesh, soldiers falling in bloody heaps around him.

"Hmph. Amateurs."

He turned around, having eventually lost his original placement, and saw Jaela dodging around three attackers. He smiled for a moment. Let her have her fun, or....

Fuck it.

He withdrew three throwing knives from his coat, and held them at the ready.

"Three on one, is it, then? No' very sportin' of ya, y'know!"

He grinned and flung the daggers, taking the two on either side in the throat, and the last straight in the kneecap, allowing him to crumple before Jaela.

Blink

From the corner of her eye, Jaela watched Itachi completely destroy his opponents one by one. Jaela would be lying if she didn't say it was rather impressive among many other feelings fluttering in her chest right now.

Still dodging the three assailants but not making a move Jaela was constantly ducking and weaving between them. However, when Itachi began to strike them down it caused her attention to shift for the slightest of seconds.

The two fell first at her sides and then the one standing in front of her. From Itachi's view it would look like he merely crumbled at her feet since her back was turned towards him, however, that was only partially the case.

From the front, Jaela stood completely still, her eyes slowly looking down as her hands gripped the hilt of the small dagger that was now lodged in her lower abdomen. She choked as the surprise of it had truly taken every bit of breath remaining in her lungs. She had never been stabbed before, well at least not like this anyways.

Slowly Jaela began to fall, her knees buckling before she managed to catch herself with one palm pressed firmly onto the ground.

"Dammit Itachi..." she managed to get out. "I was having so much fun..."

Blood began to trickle from her wound while Jaela continued to hold the hilt with one hand, the other hand keeping her from faceplanting into the stone.

Marakai Trin

Itachi had begun walking toward her when she fell, and when she did hit the ground, he broke into a sprint. His eyes were wide when he reached her, kneeling by her side.

He saw the knife lodged in her abdomen, and immediately his eyes began to tear up. This was his fault, trying to play savior. Trying to impress her. He might as well have stabbed her himself.

His eyes narrowed as he noticed movement in front of him, and suddenly he stood and kicked outward. A satisfying crunch signalled the breaking of the man's nose and jaw as Itachi's boot connected with his face. The other slumped again to the ground, clearly unconscious.

Immediately he returned to Jaela, and gently rolled her over onto her back. "Gods, Jaela...I'm so sorry, Jaela. I'm so sorry....this is going to hurt, okay?" His voice nearly broke as he finished that sentence, clearly blaming himself for the incident.

He tore off a long strip of his tunic in haste, and gently pulled her hand away from the hilt of the blade buried in her flesh. Around the base of the wound, he wrapped the fine cloth, and began to apply pressure.

And then he pulled out the knife. He ignored the spurt of blood, even as it splashed upon his face, and continued to apply pressure. With an angry grunt, he flung the offending object off the plateau.

Mentally, he tried to convince himself that this was not Jaela that he was trying to save, but someone else, hoping to stave off the sorrow so he could concentrate on his work.

Holding the cloth down with one hand, he reached again inside his coat, sighing with relief when he found his case of equipment was still secure. His dexterous fingers untied the knot keeping it tied to his back, and he slid it out.

"I'm going to have to stop the bleeding, somehow. Gods...." he muttered to himself. His eyes continued to flow with tears as he opened his case, locating another bag of herbs from it's confines.

"Please let this work...." he muttered, opening the cloth bag, and holding it over her wound. He pulled his other hand away, and narrowed his eyes as her blood again began to flow freely. He hissed, and upended the bag and it's contents into her wound.

The effect was, unusually, instantaneous. Unbeknownst to him, just as he'd began to empty the bag into the free-bleeding wound, his eyes had begun to glow, a soft white light that lightened the jade hue of his eyes until they very nearly matched Jaela's own eye color.

"Common yarrow...seems to have done the trick...." he mumbled, even while he pulled a needle and fine thread from his case.

"Gotta...close the wound..."

Still absolutely refusing to look at her, he quickly threaded the needle, and pushed it quickly into her skin at an almost flat angle, his face an utter mask of concentration, his eyes still glowing, pulsating now.

Quickly, precisely, he sewed the wound shut, tying the end off with a small knot. Then, immediately, he grabbed his jar of poultice, opened it, and hastily smeared a generous amount over the closed wound.

Still in haste, he grabbed a roll of bandages, unwound and then doubled them, and laid them atop her abdomen. Then he glanced up to see if she was still conscious, needing to move her to properly bandage her, sorrow in his eyes as he gazed at her.

Blink

Rolled onto her side Jaela winced, the pressure of moving around so much causing the pain in her stomach to radiate tenfold. Even as he told her it was going to hurt she didn't think the pain could get any worse than it already was. However, Jaela was wrong.

At first, she didn't want to pull her hand away because at least with it there she had some form of control over the knife. She did give in though and let it fall to her side so that Itachi could fix her up. When he applied pressure she began to moan in pain, the muscles in her body tensing as her natural instinct was to stop whatever was causing the pain.

When the knife was pulled Jaela felt a sense of relieved pressure and took in a deep breath. Okay so maybe that wasn't that bad.

"It's just a cut Itachi... I will be fine." She even tried to push him away a bit but when her blood began spurting out she realized that maybe it wasn't just a 'simple' cut. Itachi then began trying to stop the bleeding but all Jaela could focus on was his eyes. He looked so awful right now, but then...

His eyes began to glow and even in her current state Jaela managed to tilt her head in confusion. "Itachi.," she whispered, reaching a bloodied hand towards his face.  "Ita-" and then he was stitching her up. The sting of the needle was nothing in comparison to the feeling of having a knife jabbed into your stomach, however, the pulling of skin was very uncomforting.

It was more than just a flesh wound, this one was deep. That knife had managed to not only pierce her skin but also slice at the core muscles in her stomach. They would take weeks to heal. Finally, Itachi was looking at her and Jaela smiled despite the amount of blood she had just lost.

"Stop looking at me like that."

Marakai Trin

"I can't, Jaela. Something like this could kill you." He offered a watery smile, and moved to help her sit up, still gently holding the bandage in place.

"This isn't a necrotic scorpion sting, love. This is a deep stab wound. I can't look inside to make sure there's nothing inside damaged..muscle and skin for sure, but the human body is very...complicated on the inside."

He sighed as he tied the bandage off, and absentmindedly went to wipe the blood off of his face, smearing it even more. Slowly, the pale glow of his eyes receded, and he smiled sadly at her.

"I'm sorry, Jaela. I shouldn't...I shouldn't have done that.  I shouldn't have distracted you....and now here I am hoping my luck will hold out, and you'll be okay. Gods..."

He looked away from her, his mind carrying him to a terrifying place. What would happen if something inside was damaged? The human body was so full of toxins, damaging the wrong organ could cause a rampant, untreatable infection. Especially without magic to help her along.

He imagined, then, spending the next few days watching her waste away, sicker every day, standing at her bedside while....

No. If it got worse, he'd take her straight back to Ketra if he absolutely had to. Sanctuary could fix her, far better than he'd be able to. Kaida could fuck off, if leaving the Citadel unattended would save Jaela's life.

Blink

Cautiously she sat up with his help, hissing at the pain radiating in her stomach.

"It could have happened to anyone. It was my fault... I lost focus. Just because you were being all amazing doesn't mean I should have taken my eyes off of them for even a split second." Jaela then looked down at her stomach and pursed her lips. "Lesson learned."

When Itachi looked away Jaela could see he was already mapping out the worst case scenario. It was, of course, the smartest thing to do, making plans in case others failed. "Hey!" she yelled, causing her to wince again from the muscle strain. "Don't even think for a second I am going anywhere."

She then reached up, cupping his cheek in her hand so that he would be forced to look at her. "I'm not going anywhere I promise. I'm going to be fine."

Marakai Trin

Itachi jerked when she yelled at him, startled back to attention. When she placed her hand on his cheek, he looked into her eyes, noting how they could shine even when she was in pain.

He smiled, and raised one blood covered hand to hers, gently holding it against his cheek. "You'd better not. That'd be a piss poor ending to our first day together, don't you think? Not that this wasn't bad enough."

Gods, he was feeling so morose he couldn't even joke without getting depressed. He sighed, and his gaze flicked back to the ground.

Out of his peripheral vision, he could see a foot. His eyes narrowed hatefully, and his gaze travelled from the foot to the man it belonged to, unconscious on the ground.

"....i think I know what will make me feel better."

He stood up, moving behind her to slip his hands under her armpits to help her stand with him, more than ready to offer himself as a crutch if she needed it.

"Let's get you inside. Then I'm going to work on this fucker." He spit towards the man, more than ready to let him know just how pissed he was.

Blink

With his help Jaela was on her feet again, every movement tugging at the wound on her stomach. It's funny really. Jaela had gone years without so much as a scratch and now just in the last few weeks, she had been gravely injured twice now. She could already hear Kaida lecturing her about it. "Priorities Jaela... priorities"

Using him as an aid Jaela slowly crept back towards the citadel, taking each step with extreme caution. The last thing she wanted was to open this wound up that he had just so meticulously taken care of. "Just set me in here and go take care of him." Her eyes hardened as she looked out the door where the unconscious man lay. "Show him why it's stupid to try and take the Citadel Itachi."

Of course, by here Jaela clearly meant just inside the door in the entryway, she would somehow manage from there.

Marakai Trin

Itachi slowly walked her to the Citadel doorway, for once glad that he was so short of stature that his height made it fairly easy to help support her. He supposed he could have carried her, but didn't want to take the chance to aggravate her wound more than simply walking already had.

When they finally cleared the doorway, he released her so that she could lean against the wall. "Let me get one of the boys up here to help you, love. I'd rather make sure someone was around, just in case."

He leaned toward her, pressing a loving kiss to her lips before he strode away.

Couldn't get caught up in that. There was work to be done.

He found himself at the stairs that descended to the servants quarters, and made his presence known.

"'EY! Some'un get'cher ass up'ere an' make yerselves useful! Fron' door! Princess needs yer 'elp!"

He turned away from the stairs, and stood still for a second.

He was angry. Beyond angry. He was furious at himself, unconvinced that the situation was anything less than his fault. He was furious at the company of men that had decided to ruin this first day. And he was absolutely livid at the man who had hurt Jaela.

When he stepped away from the stairs, his face was a terrifying sight, a flame in his eyes that Jaela certainly hadn't seen in him before. His face was set in a grim smile, as if he looked forward to what he was about to do.

And oh, he did.

He strode past Jaela, refusing to look at her. Bad enough she had to see the darker side of him. He didn't dare turn that gaze on her.

Blink

Funny enough it was Zamik who came running first, Jaela's personal target from the moment she heard he drug Itachi by his hair. She happened to steal a glance at Itachi before he went back outside and Jaela could tell that justice would be served.

With Zamik's aid and Jaela's oh so helpful instruction, he had managed to get her almost completely down the hall. All the was left was the stairs going up to her room and honestly, she didn't want him up there.  "Just leave me here so that I-"  Oh right, Jaela forgot to act crazy for a moment.

"I mean uh... Leave me here so that I can listen to my voice echo in the long hall." She turned to him to smile. "I did always love hearing the sound of my own voice." Jaela tilted her head, hoping that was enough to erase any doubt about her mental state. It seemed to work too because Zamik helped her into a sitting position in the hall before going on his way again.

For a few minutes, Jaela hummed the same tune she sang in the jail that Itachi had been placed in if anything she did it to keep the illusion alive. "Fly away little pretty bird. Fly, fly awwwaayyy. Fllyyy away little pretty birrrdd, and pretty you will always stayy."

As soon as she thought the coast was clear Jaela ceased her tune and turned her attention not on the stairs, but on one of the large rooms just before. At first, she tried to crawl, but the strain it put on her stomach was too much. So instead Jaela opted to try and stand on her own and with the aid of the wall, it really wasn't as difficult as she thought it would be.

Slowly she made her way towards the room in question, the room she desired to be in more than anything right now... the bath hall.

You see Jaela may have been many things but something she was never a fan of was the sight of her own blood. It caused her stomach to twist in the most unpleasant ways and almost stirred up some kind of memory she wished didn't exist. She was bound and determined to make it to the bath hall and scrub every last bit of it off of her body.

It took a longer than expected but Jaela had managed and now laying before her was the massive pool of water that always seemed to be impeccably clear. Kaida had explained it to her once, something to do with a natural stream that they siphoned to fill the large pool naturally. It eliminated the need for extra staff and always assured the water was fresh no matter the occasion.

Leaving the safety of the wall Jaela then crawled towards the edge of the pool, dipping her hand in just as she had reached its edge.... it was cold.  "Dammit"

Marakai Trin

He was on his way outside again, positively grinning by now, a bloodthirsty grin twisting his lips malignantly. There was death in his eyes, a dark look that would send even the hardest of his Craol running for the hills.

This was a look that drove Adelan Dragonriders to fall in their own swords. This was the look that Adela had so kindly posted up all over Ketra on his wanted posters.

Put simply, when he had this look, the reaper was coming. But he'd be awhile. A long, long while, if Itachi wanted.

He may be a criminal, a wanted man, a bandit. He may be considered one of the most dangerous mortal men in the entire province. But there was one thing that most people didn't consider when they thought of pain.

Itachi was also a doctor. He knew exactly how and where to hurt you. He knew how to bring you so utterly close to death that you could embrace it, and still wake up screaming in torment.

When he reached the man lying there unconscious upon the marble, Itachi stood over him for almost a solid minute, staring holes in his face. This man, this pathetic excuse for excrement had dared to hurt the woman he loved.

He reached down, down towards that mouth twisted in it's awkward pose with it's broken jaw, and grabbed at his lower teeth, curling his fingers and dragging him to a sitting position by his broken jaw.

That woke him up. The man absolutely screamed.

Itachi wrenched him forward, throwing him on his face in such a way that caused a snap as his jaw splintered further. He remembered the knife lodged in his kneecap, and grinned with glee as he stomped on that leg.

Then he hopped around to stand in front of him, two throwing knives already his hands. As the man on the ground whimpered and crawled forward, Itachi threw those knives straight down, penetrating the back of both palms and pinning them to the marble.

Oh, the screams, the way the echoed, the varying timbres that set his ears to singing!

He kneeled down, one knee on the ground beside the man's head. He grabbed his filthy, bloody hair, and lifted his head up.

"Do I got'cher fuckin' attention, friend? You an' me....we're gonna 'ave is a nice. Fuckin'. Chat. An' 'ow good ya are a' answerin' me questions determined jus' 'ow long th' chats gonna last, ya got me?"

The only answer was an unintelligible, whimpering loan.

"Oh, don'tcha go blubberin' at me now, I've barely started! Me an' you, we're gonna 'ave loads o' fun together."

"I'll 'ella anyfin a wanna-"

"I don' wanna 'ear anythin', me bleedin' li'l friend. An' besides, when I do wanna 'ear sommat, I wanna be sure I'm 'earin' every fucking thing, ya stupid sod."

Itachi stood, and slowly began walking circles around the man, grinning all the while.

"Now, b'fore we ge' started, there's sommat ya gotta know. Tha' girl ya stabbed? Th' pretty 'un ya jus' abou' killed? I love her. D'ya know wha' tha' means, boyo? I'm gonna fuckin' kill ya, I won' lie. Bu' I can make yer las' breaths fuckin' burn, mate. How bad depends on you."

He stepped out, and pushed on the knife in the man's palm, angling it sharply. The agonized screams in Itachi's ear made him smile.

"There ya be. Tha's a taste for ya. Now, then. Why are ya 'ere?"

"Was...huntin....dragon."

Itachi quickly pulled another knife from inside his coat, and plunged it down into his right shoulder, shattering bone and rending the muscle.

"Ain' no fuckin' dragons 'ere, ya...did you jus' fuckin' piss yerself? You li'l bitch!" He delivered a rough kick to the man's side, and kneeled down by his head again. After the man quit screaming for a couple seconds, Itachi tried again.

"Now....why were ya really 'ere?"

"Really....dragon. Black-Hearth."

Itachi blinked. That name stuck true. And if Kaida was a dragon...

"Why ya goin' after this Black-'Earth then?"

"....'angerous."

"I'm fuckin' dangerous. Me girl inside is fuckin' dangerous. Yeah,  dragons 're dangerous, bu' I don' see an army comin' fer us, do I?"

"No....jus' the dragon...."

Tink! Another throwing knife found itself in thr man's other knee, not quite sticking into the ground. Itachi's grin looked like it could take off the top of his head.

"Yer gonna run me outta knives, frien'. Best be singin' s diff'rent tune."

Meanwhile, the screams continued to echo through the mountains. Doubtless, Jaela would be able to hear it inside.

It was another forty minutes before Itachi finally decided the man didn't know anything. He'd left the man there for a time to stride back into the citadel, surprising several Craol that had come to investigate the screams with his blood covered visage.

Wirelessly, he had walked in past them, and a couple minutes later returned with a large bowl full of salt.

Itachi's mind was in a dark place, inventing new means of agony for the screaming man outside. His latest involved stripping the flesh from his back in patches, covering said pieces of flesh with the salt, and then calmly placing them back over the wound, like bandages. The man's back had to be on fire, having had the flesh literally stripped from him, the raw muscle liberally salted.

At least he wouldn't bleed to death.

He was just having fun, now, but eventually it had to end. At the end, Itachi removed all the knives he'd inserted into the various places of the man's body, drug him still-screaming to the ledge, and dropped him over the side.

And then the others, one by one, collecting his two daggers and what darts he could save, and then dropping them over the edge as well for the carrion creatures below.

Then, he dragged his blood-soaked self back to the Citadel, tired and worn, but with an evil glint in his eye.

Blink

Peridot eyes watched as the ripples she had just created spread across the water like wildfire. It was so calm before that, and even just placing her fingers in the water created such a subtle yet beautiful effect. It was truly magnificent, the wonders you could see if you just sat back and focused on the little things.

Speaking of little things, Jaela pursed her lips at the thought of how cold that water would feel over her entire body. "No thank you" she hummed to herself, closing her eyes as the echo of her own voice reverberated off the stone walls. Everything was so different in here unlike the entertaining show happening outside. Jaela couldn't even imagine what Itachi was going to do to that poor man and part of her regretted that she was missing it.

It had been too long since Jaela got to experience the joy of watching someone get struck down. She wasn't afraid to admit that she loved it, loved seeing those who deserved it get the justice due handed to them. Maybe she was a little crazy, maybe that charade she always claimed to have wasn't as much of a joke as she let on.

Setting her mind back on the minor problem at hand Jaela dipped her fingers into the water again creating yet another ripple to spread across the pool. She could fix it quickly but that would require energy she honestly didn't think she had.

"Metal, sand, rocks... other things." Jaela recalled the conversation she had with Itachi back in the dungeon they had managed to get themselves locked in. "Yes, other things" she giggled to herself. It was an ability that she did not use often but also the very reason that she had caught the attention of the Black-Hearth's, to begin with. It was what set her apart from other earth elementals, not just that she could use it but that she could use it along with sand and stone. Three variations of the most common element known to man.

So now she was debating whether or not the prize would be worth the exhaustion it would bring. Easily she could channel heat through the mountain to cause the spring to raise to a comfortable temperature, one that would probably soothe her pains. "Dammit" she groaned as she removed her hand from the water and spread her palm over the stone lining the water.

It was too far, and she was too weak to do anything about it. She could feel it and almost felt like she could reach it, but it was too great a risk. "Dammit dammit dammit" she muttered again as she rolled onto her back, admitting defeat to the task.

"Dammit!" again she yelled, this time bringing a hand to lay over the wound on her stomach. She didn't like this, not at all. Jaela was so used to being more than capable of taking care of herself. She had always been so careful, always calculated with every move she made. Yet here she was laying on the stone floor of the bath hall unable to even heat the stupid water up.

Marakai Trin

Blood in his hair, blood on his face, blood soaked into his clothes, blood where blood ought not to be....

Itachi was covered in it, head to toe, his hair dyed with it. His feet squelched in his boots, with blood between his toes, drenched whilst he was dragging the multitude of corpses to fall over the mountain.

But, none of it was his own. It was theirs, and his, and Jaela's. Briefly, he wondered how she was, intending to check on her just as soon as he'd washed up. He dearly wanted to see her now, but with her injury he'd rather not accidentally introduce foreign blood to her system. No... That wouldn't do at all.

And so, he consulted his mental map of the maze-like citadel, and trudged through the halls, cursing the bloody footprints he left behind. That would need cleaning up later.

Eventually, he found his way to the bath hall, and arched an eyebrow when he found the door ajar. Initially, he shrugged it off, thinking one of the Craol had gone exploring and simply left it open, and pushed it open the rest of the way.

He stopped, eyes locked forward, when he saw her lying there on the floor, hand held over her wound. He slid to her side, down on both knees.

"Jaela!" he said, none too quietly, taking her stare as listless or dead, unknowing of her previous anger.

Blink

In the blink of an eye, Itachi was at her side, saying her name like he had just discovered her corpse.

"What?" she asked, her eyes just as serious as his. "Did something happen?" It was then that she realized that Itachi was covered in blood. Instinctively she reached a hand up to touch his face. "Are you hurt?" Carefully she then sat up with a wince.

Her hand brushed his cheek before exploring his entire face, even going as far as sweeping some of his hair back. "Where are you bleeding from?"

Marakai Trin

Itachi laughed, relieved that his first assumption was false, and put his hand over hers. "No, no. None of it is mine. Gods, you scared me." He chuckled again at the situation, and then sighed.

"But no. After I...finished with that bastard, I cleaned up the bodies. Kaida will have a nice little welcome home present when she decides to show up, in the form of a mountain of corpses." He winked at her. "I dropped them over the side. Oh, and you missed a good show, by the way."

He settled beside her, gently pulling her against his side with an arm around her shoulders. They were both bloody anyway.

"Anyway....why am I finding you lying on the floor in the bath hall? Do you need help?"

Blink

"The bodies will probably be gone before she even gets back. All kinds of creatures out there that we just made lunch for."

When Itachi pulled her against himself she sighed... "Yay more blood..."

"Well I was going to try and get some of this blood off of me, I absolutely hate the sight of my own..." Jaela trailed off as a flashback played behind her eyes. Quickly she recovered, shaking her head before turning her head back to the water.

"I can't heat the water right now... not like this. I was going to call for Zamik to start a fire in the warming room below but I scared him away with my crazy. So I decided I would just lay here and listen to the sound of my own voice." 

Marakai Trin

Itachi smiled a bit, and released her to stand. He didn't really want to add to the problem any more than he had.

"Truth be told, I doubt you could honestly scare him off. Besides, he's been with me for years now...if he was that easy to scare away, I think he'd have been long gone by now." He chuckled a little bit, and stepped toward the door.

"Listen, I want a bath, too. So I'll get Zamik or one of the boys to get a blaze going, and we can share the space, hmm? It'll give me a chance to check your wound, too." Gods, that sounded familiar. He was going to feel horrible if she started collecting scars just by being around him.

He drew quiet for a moment, before he smiled, to hide his thoughts. "I'll be right back, love."

Blink

"Challenge accepted..." Jaela now making it a personal goal to scare Zamik somehow.

"Alright," she giggled, feeling nostalgic when he said he was going to check her wound. It was just like when they first met, he was constantly checking her leg for infection. Her eyes then trailed down to her thigh where the scorpion scar still remained. Carefully she ran a finger over the imperfections in her skin and pursed her lips. "It will be gone in a few weeks."

Itachi had guessed right back when they first met. Jaela did always have a healer at her disposal back when the Black-Hearth family was still doing well, but even without them, she healed rather efficiently. Her body was constantly pulling energy from the earth which always over time seemed to completely heal any scar she bore. Just as all her others did the one on her leg would fade as well as her newly acquired puncture wound on her stomach.

She kicked her flats off first, letting the two small shoes fumble in front of her on the pavement. Next, she began pushing down her bottoms, the article of clothing that seemed the worst off in terms of blood stains.  It was difficult, that was for sure, but in time Jaela managed to get them off and scoot herself away from them too. Last would be her top, but Jaela was already tired from the simple action of removing what clothes she had so far and so she admitted defeat for the time being. She already considered it a triumph she had made it as far as she had considering her circumstances, all of it while she was still sitting on the floor.

The stone was a welcome feeling on her back when she lay back down, as was the peace of mind knowing that soon she wouldn't have to feel the blood sticking to her skin. Again Jaela found her eyes wandering the large bath hall as it had fallen silent. Her fingers traced her stomach in a circle, always stopping and moving around the area where her wound was, while her other hand lay flat on the concrete beside her.

"Fly away little pretty bird. Fly, fly awwwaayyy. Fllyyy away little pretty birrrdd, and pretty you will always stayy." Jaela had begun to sing the same tune again, one that had been stuck in her mind from the moment Itachi first called her a pretty bird. Something about it familiar yet distant in her mind.

Marakai Trin

Itachi smiled as she giggled, winking at her just before he disappeared around the corner. As he strode down the hallways, he couldn't help but think to himself, as he always did.

A week, maybe, before she'd be able to get around on her own without help. Another week after that before Itachi would dare let her outside. He was more than willing to take her rounds on top of his, used to long days on the run anyway. Sleep to him was a precious and rare commodity.

He knew it would cut into their time together, but she would need rest and time to recover. And he'd see to it that she got it, one way or the other.

"...tie her down if I have to....Zamik!"

He'd arrived at the stairwell to the servants quarters, and began to descend. He'd need to find the furnace that heated the water, or the poor sod would be likely to set fire to the wrong thing and kill all of them.

After a moment, he found them in a sort of common area, playing cards. He rapped on the doorway with his knuckles, instantly gaining all of their attention. His bloody and disheveled appearance no longer shocked them - apparently word had spread fast.

"Zamik. There's a furnace...." He thought for a moment, poking his head out the door as he thought of the layout of the floor above them, noting the location of the bath hall.

"....down th' hall, aroun' th' corner, second door onna right. Light it. It's fer th' bath hall. Princess needs a bath." He looked down at his blood covered self, and sighed. "An' me, too. Keep it burnin' for awhile, mind."

Zamik stood. "Aye, boss, I gotcha. Is the Princess gonna be okay? I saw the work you did on her."

"Yeah. She'll be fine. Knowin' her, she could prob'ly take a whole lot more'n tha' an' keep goin'. Bu' jus' th' same, she asks ya fer sommat, ya do it. Jus' like if I said it. Goes for all o' ya." He glanced about the room as they talked amongst themselves at this arrangement - they all seemed in agreement.

"Good on ya, boys. Rumil, take rounds, an' walk th' wall. If'n anymore o' them asses show up again, I wanna know firs' thing, yeah?"

With that, he left the room, and made his way back to the bath hall.

_______

A couple minutes later, he returned to find Jaela lying on the floor again, tracing circles around her wound. As he entered the bath hall, he dropped his blood soaked coat onto the floor, and walked to her. "Clothes being stubborn?" He smiled, and held out a hand to help her sit up, his gaze only briefly flicking to her lower regions.

"Here, sit up and I'll get it off of you. You probably shouldn't work the muscles too much anyway, or they won't heal right."