Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So a monk walks into a bar(d)... {Open}

Started by almighyxcavus, August 09, 2017, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

After a long night of hunting, Zukiro managed to grab a nice batch of rabbits, about 20 or so, whilst Xanuthos managed to bring back a good two whole bucks, in tact as well.
Great job brother! You finally managed to bring more than one in! And in tact as well! I'm so proud.
Thank. You.
Xanuthos laid the two bucks next to the hut so Zukiro could skin them later on. Zukiro set aside the rabbits on the table next to the bucks, waiting to be skinned and preserved. This amount of meat would last about a week, thanks to Zukiro finally controlling Xanuthos's appetite.
"Alrighty, now that everything is settled, Xanu, swim."
Xanuthos slowly waded his way into the river, waiting for Zukiro to grab his incense for their weekly meditation swim.
After settling, Xanuthos began to swim against the river, Zukiro started a small chant that made it easier for Xanuthos to swim against the current.
"Saquarius calmos negatem"
And they began their ritual, swimming down the river bed past Ketra, all the way to the base of the river. Once they made their turnaround, Zukiro ceased the chant, and Xanuthos let the current carry the both of them.
Zukiro, in all his nights, never experienced one where he had an odd presence near him. One which prevented him from reaching his complete meditative state. On the way back to the hut, he heard music playing, it sounded like a grass whistle but he was not entirely sure since he has been away from society for so long. He settled Xanuthos next to the hut, and went searching for this strange but serenating song.

DragonSong

Tara continued her quiet playing, eyes half closed as she perched on the small outcropping of rocks that jutted into the stream, evidently quite oblivious to the world around her.

It was more for practice than anything else, the notes from her flute tugging at the threads of natural magic in the air around her.

almighyxcavus

Zukiro completely entranced by the sound of the flute. He cleared through a bush and saw a beautiful young woman sitting on top of the rocks, he could see the magic swirling around her as if she was one with her surroundings.
Zukiro sneakily climbed the rocks making sure to not make a sound, he placed his manola staff into the rocks just a couple meters behind this lovely woman and perched himself onto the top, standing on one foot.
He stayed and enjoyed the beautiful music playing right in front of him.

DragonSong

The playing came to an abrupt stop as Tara realized she wasn't alone. She spun around in a crouch, hand flying to the dagger at her hip.

And froze, eyes widening slightly. "Ah..."

Well. That certainly wasn't what she'd been expecting.

almighyxcavus

Zukiro perked one eye open as soon as the music stopped, staring directly into the woman's eyes, they were pleasing to look at.
"Hello there, my name is Zukiro, you can call me Zu for short, I'm sorry if I interrupted, I was genuinely curious as to where this beautiful music was coming from and came to look."
Zu cocked his head to the side with a big smile across his face.

DragonSong

"Uh-huh." Tara took a step back, wariness in every line of her body. "Well, congrats, you've found me. Run along now."

almighyxcavus

Goodness gracious, why can't a monk just enjoy his damn music without being completely shunned away every damn time.
Zukiro still maintaining perfect balance on his bow staff, lowered his head and raised his right hand.
"M'am with all do respect, I heard your beautiful melody while I was doing my nightly swim with my brother, a man can appreciate a soothing tune such as yours so I'd figure I'd find the source. Who would've guessed that the beautiful tune was also being playing an even more beautiful woman."
He looked up and winked, Zukiro wasn't out for love or trying to make a move, he just wanted to make the woman feel comfortable with his presence.

DragonSong

Tara's yes narrowed. What the hell? She hadn't even known anyone else was out here, and suddenly this- this man appeared and started...flirting? What that what he was trying to do?

"Look, I appreciate it," she said briskly. "But forgive me for not being overly trusting of strange...men who just appear out of the woods. Now, if you won't leave, I'm going to."

almighyxcavus

Why doesnt she understand that im not hitting on her. Goodness gracious.
Zukiro back flipped into the air, landing graciously. He released the staff from its rocky prison and began to walk back the path he came. He started walking backwards and spoke:
"M'am with all due respect I wasn't flirting. But hey you feel what you feel. if you ever need any self-defense classes I'm right across the river with the black dragon sleeping next to the hut. Once he wakes up I know someone's here. Come visit anytime. Have a wonderful night!"
Zukiro started to walk normally again, he raised his right hand signalling a formal goodbye.

DragonSong

Well then.

That was one of the stranger experiences she'd ever had. And that was saying something.

Snorting to herself, Tara shook her head and gathered up her pack. She shook her head and whistled a sharp tune- responding to her magic, the river flattened before her and she stepped out onto it, walking across the water as easily as solid earth as she continued to whistle her spell.

Tags: