Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A beast's intent (Catalina)

Started by almighyxcavus, August 19, 2017, 09:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighyxcavus

Devoria had finally made her way into Northoak after a two day's worth a trekking through the land. She could've easily gotten a horse and rode into the town but she preferred the long scenic route for a change. She hadn't been to Serendipity in a while.
It was late night and she found a tavern to stay in. She walked through the door graciously, her skirt and hair flowing in just behind her catching a glimpse of the moonlight. She was astoundingly beautiful, everywhere she walked looked as if the floor itself was blessed, she hated the attention it brought. She pulled up the bar and spoke:
"Hello, good sir, may I kindly have a pint of hot sugar water please?"
"Coming right up fine lady." The bartender winked.
Devoria was never one for drinking, she didn't like the taste as well as the fact it just slowed her down way too much due to her tiny liver. She received her drink and drank it with her eyes closed. A man of muscular build and general cockiness sat on the stool next to her.
"What's a fine looking Thanati elf woman doing around these parts?"
"Business."
"what kinds of business? Because I'd be willing to pay for something pri-"
Devoria back-slapped the man onto the ground, she placed his neck in between the heel and base of her boot.
"I am not a local slut you can just pay your way for pleasure, nor I am looking for anything remotely close to that nature, I suggest you kindly rethink your life choices before your head leaves this fine establishment before your body."
She removed the boot from his neck, the man stood up cowering and darted out of the tavern in complete horror.
She returned back to her water when...
AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Devoria placed a bag of silver coins onto the bar, "Thank you for the drink kind sir, I'll be sure to visit again." She ran out of the tavern with a smile.
The hunt is on!

Sheshia

Damn it. He was close to shifting he could taste it. He got sick a while ago and now he was walking out of town trying to hold it together as fast as he can while holding his stomach.

Another wave of pain shot through his gut making him stop and hold onto a tree, Shyirin was basically out of town by now. Thank goodness. He lets out a sigh of relief and looks around memorizing the area he was near for when he shifted back to his human side. His eyes flowed in the dark through the trees as he crumpled onto his knees gasping for breath clawing at the ground staying as auiet as he could. Please let this helll end please! Let it be over with already! He thinks to him self then starts to repeat his name and his friends name in his head. Eventually losing all train of thought to the complex mind of the wolf.
---------------------------
The wolf had nothing in mind, other than to mind prey. He was hungry for raw meat and fresh as well. The wolf lowers ins head to sniff the ground and starts to follow the trail of some escaped goat from the no-furred clans. He stayed quiet until her found his prey, stalked it then killed it in a few swift blows after a good few minutes of running around, leaving a slight blood trail thriugh the brush. Except it wasn't a goat, it was a simple traveling merchant who had decided to rest in the wilderness for the night. He started to feast on it while staying alert all the same for the most part. The wolf gave no though it just wanted to be fed and fed it was going to be.

almighyxcavus

Devoria, sticking to her hunter's instincts, stayed close to the ground making sure her footsteps were as quiet as possible. Normally she has no trouble doing this, but the little tussle in the tavern nicked the heel on her boot a little bit, causing it to be slightly angled. Thus, she had to focus intensely on not losing her balance and alerting the prey.
Devoria, while looking for tracks came across a blood trail. She ran her finger along part of the trail and brought it up to her nose.
The blood is quite fresh, it doesn't even smell an hour old.
Following the trail, she started to hear flesh being torn apart. She slowed down to a snail's pace.
There's no way, it must be a stray animal, the contract couldn't be this easy.
As Devoria peered over the bush she was hiding, she saw him, Shyirin, matched the description and everything.
Devoria readied her bow, it became infused with moonlight, she steadied herself.
The moon arrow soared through the air a clear shot heading to the beast's heart.
Goddamit, stupid wind messed up my aim.

Sheshia

Shyirin looks up his muzzle covered in the blood of the man he had killed. Hearing a slight quick wind noise. The wind was blowing making something hit him in the side of his chest but still that hurt like a bitch! Not only did it make him stumble quiet a bit but it made him alert to the presence of someone else. This made him very angry! You don't shoot a wolf who just killed prey. His mind raced on weather to run or to fight.

He chose run bolting away into the woods as fast as he could choosing flight instead of fight. It was still a bad wound. He would have a few minutes at best as the arrow inhibited some of his running and everything else. Sprinkling tiny tiny drops of blood. Panting very hard since every breath caused him pain. After a few minutes it seemed but his wolf didn't know all it wanted was to hide by instincts. He found a tiny clearing and hides under the roots of a great tree nuzzled between them he shifts back gasping laying his head against the root looking at his bloodied hands and chest. "Fuuuck." He whispers feeling the pain increase.

almighyxcavus

That should've been an easy kill, why is my aim terrible tonight? Following the tiny traces of blood in the snow. Devoria caught up to where the trail finished, but there was no sign of the wolf anywhere. She threw her bow to the ground in rage and shouted. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME! QUITE POSSIBLY THE EASIEST KILL OF MY LIFE AND I FUCK IT UP IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE AH!" She kicked a nearby tree.

It hurt her toe. A lot. To the point where she had to take off her boot and plant her toe into the snow. She leaned up against the tree the trail had stopped at, she fiddled with her pure white hair whilst looking up at the stars.

"I know I can get this contract finished before the end of the week. I know it. My best bet is to curl up here for the night."

She covered herself in her cloak and her hair. Surprisingly, her hair was a good heat trapping mechanism. She fell asleep to the wind howling in the most soothing of ways.

Sheshia

He heard a woman scream in anger. She must have been the one who shot the arrow into his side when he was a wolf. Shyirin knew she was close but he couldn't keep an arrow in his side in incumber him at all this moment. Should have brought bro and Neyan or hell even one of them Shyirin thinks to himself. He grabs the arrow with his right hand and bites down on his left arm hard and yanks out the arrow. His side was one fire and he had managed to keep quiet. Good. Shyirin looks at his left arm and sees he bite pretty deep into it so it was bleeding a bit but not to badly.

His attention went back to getting away from here if he could. His instincts were telling him to hide for until he healed but when morning came the lady would definitely find him. Quietly crawling out of the roots he spots the woman curled up against the tree sleeping. He had a bullseye on his head. He needed to kill this woman this was now a matter of survival. He still had his clawed gloves on him so he put them on quietly and walks towards the tree stretching his silver and platinum fingers on the opposite way away from her and climbs it. Changing the tree up from the one he climbed up and sat in the nook of it's trunk waiting patiently while healing a bit by bit. He had to win and get back home. One way or another there was no way he was going to leave his friends and family without their Guildmaster. Nor was he going to leave Neyan and Leon worried sick.

almighyxcavus

Devoria's illusion disappeared as she held a knife to the wolf's neck. "Nothing is what it seems in this world little wolf." Devoria had missed the shot, there was no doubt, but she had thr off feeling some presence was nearby. Before she fell completely asleep, she chanted two spells, one that created a fake illusion of her body and the other to keep herself invisible as she hid up in the tree. She hadn't expected her prey to clumb into the same tree, but it made her job a lot easier.

From the way she was holding the beast, it had way to retaliate. "Any last words?"

Sheshia

He blinks calmly, they were in a tree. Knife against his throat and a wound to his side. He had expected to heal some more but it obviously back fired. Smiling he looks forward, "How kind of you assassin." He looks around holding still like a stone. "I definetly won't live long either way with this wound." If he pushed forward the knife would find his neck. If he pushed back there was not enough room for him to get away from it and end up the same way. Shyirin was going to get out of this it'll be a sad way to go, dying in a fucking tree. He pushes back and runs off the tree onto the ground at the right moment. Holding his side for a moment he looks at the tree, "I have no idea who sent you or why but come on!" He motions a gesture like he is frustrated, "I do have a small request my assassin friend." His smiles looking a bit upset in his eyes, "I'll tell you when I'm on my death bed though." Shyirin pulls at his gloves his body more relaxed and looked as if he was not taking this seriously. He was definetly not going back up that tree with crazy lady up there.

almighyxcavus

"No one runs away from me!" Devoria was angered, her bow started to glow a shimmering white. She loaded multiple rounds of moonlight arrows and fired at least 3 at once every time. This was the first time something had actually gotten away from her. She rained down arrows towards the beast. It seemed to be unrelenting, until she collapsed from expending most of her energy. Her head hit the ground with a loud THUD.

She was completely unconscious and without Nightwing to protect her.

Tags: