Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Knowledge of the Fell {Open!}

Started by WallyD, September 03, 2017, 08:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

The sun was barely in the sky, signaling the morning dawn. A tall figure was walking up a grassy hill; his large, black dog walked next to him, her nose inspecting the air.

Leonard Lin'han sighed, leaning on his walking stick. The coffee he drank hours before had now worn off. Leonard looked down at his furry companion.

"Well Nina. If I don't know any better, it looked like you are tired." He said. The dog tilted her head, she didn't look tired. In fact she had been watching the stick since Leonard picked it up.

"Right," he said sighing again, "no point in lying to myself. Onward we go."

Leonard continued to walk while Nina took of running. Her tounge was sticking out and her legs pumping fast. Leonard jogged to catch up. When he reached the top of the hill he stopped. It was breathing. Pillers with carvings were sticking​ out of the ground. Old stone and wood buildings without roofs followed an overgrown path.

Leonard had travelled to the Fell, an ancient place with ruins and underground passage ways. Inside were various magical items. There have been several books on this place, some Leonard read twice.

The Fell's true name has long been lost. But it was said that the place was full of chaos magic. Any mage that went in came out insane, spreading the chaos. For once, Leonard was glad to have no magic.

"It beautiful." He said looking down at his dog, "Come on now, let us gain more knowledge."

Unknowingly​, the duo was being watched by dark forces that lay deep within the Fell.

Smiley

There where fast paced foots steps stepping in the wet puddles of the taverns. "Damn it!" a fenemine voice bounces from the wet walls. Her silver eyes glowed in the darkness. Rika scans each and every corner she was running past. 'Gotta find a way out of here' she thinks of that one goal in mind.

An arrow zooms past her getting stuck in the wall. A loud screeching scream pierces through the channels of the cave. The young siren stops in her tracks and turned around drawing out her staff. Rika's best option was to flee from these creatures for they would not stop until she was dead or at least away from the Fell.
She might out numbered as their pack like attacks made it even more difficult for her to actually get a read of how many of them there actually was. Her nose picked up the scent of fresh air :oh hell yes! Finally!' She thinks happily to herself.
Rika's feet where getting tired from her running, her lungs burned with effort. Her legs are about to give way as she sees the light through the entrance.

WallyD

Leonard was examining some of the stone carvings while Nina laid next to him, panting. The carvings were beautiful, smooth but precise crevasse. Leonard was extremely focused, muttering to himself as he took down some notes.

Nina's head popped up, her panting stopped as she listened. The dog stood up, it's owner to engrossed with his work to notice, and trotted around a building. The noise was now louder but the dog still could not find the sorce.

She ran down a hill and lifter an ear. There was a crack in the hillside, mossy stone marked the entrance. Nina slow walked forward, her head down. It was sounds of a chase. Nina turned and ran back to her owner, barking her head off. Leonard turned, puzzled at the sudden noise.

"Hush, Nina. I am working." He said just as there was explosion and dust flew into the air along with angry shouts.

Smiley

Rika coughs on the dust surrounding her. She blinks her eyes a few times as the dust cleared. Her eyes widen in happiness as she was finally away from those terrible caverns.

She had went here in hopes to find some priceless things to exchange for some cash. However, she discovered that those caves where like a maze. She heard no more pursuers though which was a good thing.

She collapsed on the ground, her body has reached its limit through this days chase. There where bruises and scrapes where all over her from  crashing, falling, and just not being careful while in the caves. 'That was close' she thinks to herself as she feels her  heart rate and breathing slow to a normal speed. The young theif turns over onto her back and looks up at the sky and in her hand was a mysterious object.

WallyD

Leonard watched as the dust settle, waving his hand in the said to keep himself from breathing it in. Nina whined and started down the hill again.

"Nina!" Leonard hissed "Nina-fine!"

Leonard followed his dog down, crouching down and peaked around the building wall. It was young woman. As he watched her move, he noticed her wings. He stood his mouth open.

"Dear Lord are those real?" Leonard yelled jogging to the girl "They are marvelous! Can you actually fly with them!"

Smiley

Rika looked up at the sudden voice, standing up quickly she folded her wings thus making them disappear. She drew out her staff and pointed it at the man's throat when he came closer.

"Do not move" she threatened quietly. Her silver eyes looked at the man up and down, analyzing his attire. Rika sign in relief for she did not see any signs that he was a dangerous man she withdrew her weapon. "Sorry about that" she chuckled nervously "What was your question?" She asked smiling kindly.

WallyD

Leonard held his hands up when the girl pulled out her staff. He then chuckled nervously as Nina laid down, deciding that the person was no threat.

"I asked if you wings could actually​ carry you. They are quite extraordinary!" He said putting his hands down and closed the rest of the distance. He then held a hand out to her. "Leonard Lin'han. Astronomer and Scholar.

Smiley

"Name's Rika, nice to meet yah" she then answers Leonard's question. "And yes they do carry my weight" she takes his hand and shakes it. "Who's this?" Rika smiles looking down at the Dog that was relaxing in front of her.

WallyD

"That will be Nina. Found her as a pup and couldn't shake her off. She's been by my side ever since." Leonard said, looking down. Nina raised her head and started to pant, her tail thumping against the ground.

"Uh, you can pet her. She doesn't bite. Well she does but only bad guys."

Smiley

"It's always nice having a companion" Rika kneels down and pets Nina. "Especially a dog, they're the most loyal" She smiles as she feels Nina's soft fur on her hand. Her gaze went back to the hole and she shifts slightly as her gaze catches slight movement. "I recommend we move away from this area for some time"she states as she puts her bounty into a travel bag . "We don't know if what ever is in there is going to attempt to attack us"  she stands up and begins to walk away.

WallyD

Leonard eyes went wide. While he knew this expedition would be somewhat dangerous -he imagined traps and cave ins- he did not actually think that there would be actually creatures inside. The idea excited him. And sorta kinda terrified him.

"Right. Come along then. I know it's no where near lunch yet but we can always have a cup of tea." He said turning around walking up the hill. Nina leaped up and ran past him, going over the hill and vanishing. "I have a wide selection. And of course if you would not like tea, I have packed some biscuits as well."

Smiley

"Never tried tea before" Rika states as she follows the man and his compaion. "And the biscuits sound nice" her mouth waters at the thought of actual food. It has been a few days sense she actually ate anything that was man made. While she was in the caves she ate what she could and sometimes she even regretted it. "What are you doing out here by the way?" Rika asked "There's nothing much out her besides ruins"

WallyD

"That is exactly why I am out here." Leonard said looking behind him "The ruins. Long ago, the Fell was once a glorious nation where both magic and nonmagic​ users​ lived side by side in harmony."

By now, they were over the hill and heading down it. Nina sat under a tree, waiting for her master.

"But it was quickly shattered. Those with magic dabbled in something that should not have been messed with. People died and this land become cursed, along with it's name forever lost. Many years later, we are now at war with each other. Mages against non-Mages. It seems we can not forget the past."

As Leonard finished his story, he pulled out his kettle and Burner -something the people of Connlaoth invented for those without magic and needed a quick fire- and a small basket. He opened the basket, checking inside to make sure it was the biscuits, and handed it off to Rika.

"Have as much as you like. They might be a bit dry so be careful to not choke​."

Smiley

Rikasits down, crossing her legs and takes a few biscuits, she gives her thanks and immediately starts to eat one of hers. "Well I can certainly tell you that it is cursed" she says as munches slowly on her lunch. She enjoys the soft fluffiness on the middle and the hard crunchyness on the outer layer of the biscuit. She watches Leonard move around and pull out certain things.

WallyD

Leonard started everything up, firing up the kettle. He filled it up with some water and pulled out a tea box and scooped some of it in as well.

"How about you? Why were you out here? I seriously doubt that you are here on an expedition." Leonard said, chuckling.

Smiley

Swallowing her last bite go her first biscuit Rika lets out a good hearted laugh. "You guessed right, I'm here for some treasures" she pauses trying to find the right words to say "You can say that I borrow peoples goods" Rika slightly strained her voice as she lays her head on the ground.
"I got a tip from someone that said there is very expensive items hidden in the depths of the Fell, so I decided to take my chances"

Her mind slips away as she thinks about how she learned of the potentials of these so called 'treasures'. With her mind of to some other place the thief closed her eyes, enjoying the smell of the tea.

WallyD

"Did you get it?" Leonard said, pouring Rika her tea and giving it to her. "The treasure, I mean."

While Leonard believed that artifacts, expecily ones as old as the ones in the Fell, should be put in a museum, he did not voice this out. The items inside were not for him to claim, expecily if one risked their lives to get said items. The only thing he hoped was that these "adventures" did not ruin the history that surrounded them.

Smiley

Taking a sip of her yes Rika nodded. She places the cup to the side and pulled out the artifact from her pocket. It looked like a diamond with a outer shell of metal. The green diamond was glowing like a beating heart. "Here it is I spent a week in a half in there looking for this thing" Rika handed it to Leonard so he can have a look. "Whatever it is it should be worth lots of coins" Rika smirks at the image of her knee deep in coins.

WallyD

Leonard took it, inspecting the object. It was lighter than expected, he started at the outer shell, feeling the diamond pulse in his hands.

"It sure is strange. And there might be collecters of the strange, but I'm sure it would cost more -or safer to understand what it does." Leonard said turning it around in his hand. He handed it back to Rika, picking up his own tea cup and drinking it.

Smiley

"From what I had gathered from my Intel it is a heart of a demon which holds great power" Rika places the stone back into her pocket. "Like all things however it must cost something if said stone is to be used" Her eyes where filled with curiosity and thrill.

She finished her last biscuit and her tea, of course offering some bites to Nina. She stood up and brushed off the grass from her pants. "I must be going now, it was nice meeting you two and I hope we can soon meet again" Rika spreads her wings out and smiles. "There are some more things to find in these ruins"

Tags: