Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Stoic meets Demagogue[Salzem/Demagogue]

Started by Terra, October 07, 2017, 07:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

Terra walked through the forests trying to clear her head. She had one of her breakdowns again. Sometimes it is just hard to hold in the tears or sadness of missing her old home. Even if it was mostly on fire,and hot like the sun,and people are constantly screaming,but it was her home and she misses it. Terra sighed. Some dreams are just meant to be crushed she guessed. She leaned against a tree and put on that expressionless face again. She needed to stay strong. Maybe if she just stopped thinking about it she will start feeling better. She thought about where she would take refuge for her next job. It worked. She was already feeling bet.... What was that? SNAP! There it was again. Was she being followed? Terra kept her expression on her face and made a dagger with her magic. She turned around so sharp that her dagger made a scorch mark in the tree. Whoever was following her,was going to see why you never mess with the Wandering Hunter.

Salzem

And suddenly, out of nowhere, appeared a skeletal face only a few inches from Terra's, the lights in it's sockets burning brightly with curiosity, it's fingers stroking it's chin in thought.

"Well well well...." Demagogue smirked, staring down the woman as his mouth curled into a smug grin "So the rumors were true... The Exile has shown her face at last..." The demon's voice was sing-song, almost as if he was happy to have found the most worthless of his kind in all of demonic history. EXILED for be a waste of demonic soul and material, never giving into her true nature... True, she wasn't the first or nor will be the last to fill this role, but she was currently the most popular.

"I didn't believe it'd be true with how you are but... I suppose not ALL the rumors about you are true, hmmm....? Your cowardice... your pathetic weakness... It seems you have enough guts to show your face once again.... I applaud you madam!"

Demagogue would disappear once more, reappearing instantly behind Terra, his chin resting on her shoulder as he grinned widely, a malicious edge to his smile.

"Is that confidence or suicidality?"

Terra

Terra jumped a little bit when Demagogue appeared behind her. "It is neither one of those things. I only showed my face because I was tired of waiting around and I was losing money fast. Now,if I were you,I would back at least 5 feet away from me before I break your neck and crush your skull," she said with her classic monotone voice.

This is ridiculous. Are they sending demons after her? Are they finally snapping and sending this sadistic demon to come and kill her. Terra stared at the skeleton with anger in her eyes. "So,will you listen to me,or are you going to anger me and make me show "proper" demon material."

Salzem

"'Proper demon?'" Demagogue scoffed, his sockets widening and his smile twitching at it's ends. "Remind me, deary, but why was it you're known to us as an exile...?" Terra would feel the the skeleton's pointer and middle-fingers jabbed into her back almost like the barrel of a crossbow or gun, his smirk never fading... The demon didn't seem the least bit disturbed by the girl's threats, in fact, he seemed slightly MORE relaxed. Proper demon indeed. HA! She couldn't be a true demon if he ripped out her soul and replaced it with hatred.

Sap.

"I believe it was... The inability to ruin lives... Insufficiently aggressive... A failure as a demon. Heh... Please, don't make promises you cannot keep, ms, lest you stray further from your demonic heritage."

The girl would feel the demon's fingers grind into her more, a certain surge of magical power building up between his fingertips and her back. She should've been able to feel the pure concentration, the strength... able to rip through stone and metal without much resistance. Demagogue wondered if he'd be able to spark a little bit of that demonic wrath within his kinsman. After all, it was the least he could do, securing her future.

Terra

Terra felt the demon's fingers dig deep into her back. She is really trying to warn him. "Mister,I am trying to warn you. If you make me too angry,I swear you will have a very bad time. So bad,hell would seem like heaven when I am finished with you." Terra's hair started turning white,making her red streaks disappear. Her eyes started to lighten,turning to a light pink instead of her usual red. It was already starting to happen. "Do you really want to unleash Asura?"

Salzem

The demon only smirked as the girl attempted to warn him off. What, did she think he was stupid? Hell, he was doing this LOOOOOOOOOONG before she had any kind of reputation. The demon's energy only surged further between his finger and her back, his teeth lightly nipping at Terra's neck in an effort to enrage her.

"You couldn't harm a fly if it was burrowing into your flesh." He taunted with a snort. "And I've seen hell, my dear... Been there and, in fact.  Believe me, gorgeous, there's not one thing you could do to someone like me that would compare to the agony that's seared into your mind upon entry... Not one. " His voice shifted from his sing-song mocking tone to a deep, haunting echoing growl, almost like that of a ghost or phantom.... The lights in his sockets disappeared, leaving nothing but the endless void within his sockets to the back of a skull that never was...

"So! Go ahead and release that little demon inside there! Hell, I'd love to meet your true self, my favorite race-traitor!"

Terra

Well,she tried to warn him. Terra's hair became white and her eyes followed suit. Her scales changed to her skin color,and she let out a low growl. She turned her head slowly towards the skeleton and grabbed at his throat,or what would count as his throat. She raised her her claws towards his face and kept his jaw shut. "I tried to warn you. You don't mess with me,especially during one of my moments. So are you going to continue taunting me,or are you too scared to even try." Terra's voice became low,so low it almost had its own echo to it. She hasn't sprouted her extra limbs yet,but she was close. Close to killing this annoying skeleton too.

Salzem

The demon only smiled wider as the girl mutated into more fearsome creature, but her attempt to live up to her promise of putting Demagogue through hell was left wanting. He didn't seem the least bit fazed as she reached over her shoulder and attempted to grab him with her claws, only for them to pass right through him as if he weren't there. The demon only snickered and ran a boney finger across her scaly flesh in a mocking seductive manner.

"You did try to warn me..." The demon sighed, agreeing with her. "And yet... here I am... unimpressed by the danger you apparently posed... Though I do appreciate the change in voice. If you play your cards right, you might just be able to scare the town drunk in a few hundred years."

Demagogue snickered before he unleashed a large telekinetic pulse, rippling throughout the forest, spraying dirt, trees and rocks alike every which way, leaving nothing but a shredded circle of dirt beneath them. The wave would wash over the incomplete demon in Terra, bearing down on her with the crushing might of a TRUE demon, perhaps inflicting an annoying ache, but not doing that much damage.... After all, why kill her now... when she has so much power to offer if he kept picking at her...?

"TRULY..." he continued, suddenly disappearing from behind her and reappearing right in front. "You are UGLY now. But ugly doesn't mean scary, sweet-heart... Please... do try again..."

Terra

Terra took the wave from the skeleton,getting nothing but a slight push. "You may be strong skeleton,but I'm stronger," Terra said with her demonic voice,sprouting her other arms as she walks towards Demagogue. She raised all of her arms and hands and made large fireballs with her magic. It may not be that strong,but it is still deadly. "You want to play around,huh? Well time to show you why you don't play around with me." She fired the fireballs at the skeleton and started throwing everything around her at the skeleton. Trees,rocks,dirt,even the occasional animal that was dumb enough to come into her path. She kept throwing until she was exhausted. Maybe that wasn't a good idea.

"So,do you see why you don't mess with the exile?" Terra said,panting in between words,to tired to even speak with that demonic voice.

Salzem

Demagogue let out a mockingly-impressed whistle as the supposed-demon summoned up a pair of fireballs in her palms. Woooow... No points for originality, but he supposed she earned some for style. He smiled and nodded, gesturing with his finger as she questioned if he REALLY wanted her to play with him, seemingly completely care free. He knew something she didn't after all, that pure magic and pure physical might meant nothing to the demon. Extremes were the easiest to avoid after all.

The fireballs came crashing down upon the skeleton, burning the surrounding forest to nothing but ash... What once was a lush, beautiful wondrous model of nature's beauty as now a smoldering pile of ash from horizon to horizon... And there the skeleton was in the center of it all, standing atop a pile of searing embers, his sockets glowing as they did...

"What a waste of aesthetic." The demon judged, glancing around at the destroyed environment. "And here I was believing you were actually a decent being... I'm glad I was wrong." The skeleton smiled softly when suddenly, the earth shot up from under the exile, pikes of rock and stone shooting out as if they were fired from the bows of giants as arrows. The honed in on the creature's chest, the place where a heart would be.

"I see why I should, my lady." Demagogue responded. "Look at what you are... What you've become because of my presence. Is it not magnificent? That power you wield could be yours on a whim if you let it."

Terra

"I will never be like you Demagogue,or any of those other demons. AND YOU CAN BURN IN HELL!" Terra charged at Demagogue before stopping suddenly in front of him.

"PERMANENTLY"

Terra's extra arms dried up and fell off. Her hair became red,her eyes turned red again,and her scales completely covered her. She raised her hand to the skeleton's chest and let out a huge orb of fire right on him. When the smoke cleared,Terra was missing. The ground shook and heated up. All of the ground below the skeleton split open,then fire exploded from the cracks,burning everything around it. Terra came down from a tree,looking at the destruction. Looks like this part of the forest is ruined.

Salzem

The demon's eyesocket rose as if there were an eyebrow there as the girl disappeared and the ground beneath him exploded and burned. He sighed and shrugged, his eyes fading to blackness as the flames engulfed him in a pillar of burning death that consumed another portion of the forest. As he watched the angry plasma dance before him, he contemplated the edges of each flame, his fingers gently stroking them as they licked his bones curiously. He smiled, actually quite pleased with the bath of flames she met him with, resting a hand of his own atop his hat lest it be blown from his skull.

The half-breed had declared she would never be like him and yet she was only doing her best to prove him right. It would've been sad if this wasn't what he wanted. T'was like a child flailing at the idea of being called immature. Only proving his point. Eventually, the flames would subside, much to Demagogue's displeasure. He was enjoying the dancing inferno, how it just flowed past him like a wave...

The demon's head swiveled on his neck, turning to face the demon girl who seemed short her extra arms. Guess she realized that extra limbs would do her any favors against him.

"My dear treacherous half-breed... T'is like I said before... There's not a thing you can do to me that can compare to what I've been through."

The demon appeared before her instantly, his bony fingers digging into her throat with unnatural demonic strength. His jaw craned upward in a curious smile, his sockets flaring back to life as he looked her over.

"You may be able to stop me if you sacrifice your petty human limits, girly." He mused, gently stroking her cheek with his other hand. "Come! T'would be a shame to die before you redeem yourself! I guarantee hell will be less than gracious if you don't abide by the time you get there..."

Terra

"No.No.NO." Terra grabbed the demon's arms and made her hands catch on fire. She caused the ground beneath them to explode with fire,made fire fall from the sky. Terra morphed into a tiny bug and flew into a bush,hiding on one of the leaves. How does she stop this guy? And why does he think she is going to be like him and those other demons? She flew into a tree,flying weirdly like she sees bugs do. This skeleton is so annoying. Why is he after her,and why is he trying to get her to turn into one of those other demons.

Salzem

"I do not know whether to commend you for your self-awareness or condemn you for your low self-esteem." Demagogue mused, an invisible telekinetic hand tracing the her pattern as she wove through the arcing flames and thrown rocky-dirt she summoned. A small bubble enveloped the creature, repelling the magical burning flames and rocks all at once. It made one wonder why he simply didn't allow both to pass through...

"Just because we all see you as a bug shouldn't mean you become one..." A force unknown to the traitor would crush her tiny, pathetic bug-wings against her carapaces, forcing her legs against her underbelly. A sudden jerk would pull her back into the pillars of flames that she summoned, letting her taste her own hostile magics and suffer their consequences... that was unless she did something to break free of his grip.

"I can't believe you're giving up so easily, my dear... And you aren't even hurt yet... I must say, I'm disappointed... and I'm sure your human models would be too... What would they think of you, turning into a meager little insect to flee from little ol' me...? What will they say when news leaks out about how much of a coward you've been, how truly weak you are...?" The demon shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the rim of his hat with his forefinger and thumb, playing with it casually as his grip on the bug increased steadily.

"I wonder why you don't see what I'm trying to do for you. If you walk away from me, you're doomed. Your hell will be one that suffers beyond suffering and any light you ever witness will bring you pain. Embrace your darkness and all that will be reduced to a mere fraction of what it could be... Embrace your fate and you may avoid it a while longer. Fight me now at your full, terrible power or all you'll have to cling to is your own shattered mind."

Terra

Terra turned back into her regular form,singe marks littering her skin from being burned by her own fire. "You really are annoying you know." She made a dagger with her and stabbed it into the skeleton's arm and broke out of his grip. "You really think I want to be like you? I am an exile. An outcast. A rebel. I am different from those other demons. I believe in humans. And if you can't handle that,then you can go back to that home humans call Hell." She swapped out her dagger with a large sword and stabbed it in the skeleton's chest.

"How does that feel? Is it scorching? Is it painful? Or are you just phasing through it again? You are useless. An annoying skeleton. Why did you even bother coming here? Don't you think I could have returned a long time ago? I never wanted to come back after all of that time. And I never will"

Tags: