Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Spy with My Little Eye {Eckhart} {M}

Started by Celegwen, November 17, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

"Hey!" The little girl said, smoothing or her hair. "Don't touch my head!" Lizzie glanced back towards the direction she had come from, then jogged over to catch up with Terrence.

She felt a little insulted that he didn't invite her to come along! She was Spider's favorite girl, after all. That meant she had the right to be part of what he ordered. She looked up at Terrence with wide eyes and walked beside him.

Melissa crouched outside of Teryn's house, listening through the open window. She was completely silent, making sure she heard correctly. The whore didn't even meet the Von Musel brat, she thought, a dead grin spreading across her face. That's wonderful news.

Walking around the back of the house, the assassin mounted a long-legged stallion that was blacker than her own soul. With her daggers secured in their sheaths and six smooth stones ready to be charged, Melissa disappeared with the rapid thunder of hooves as the only evidence.

Maria raced out of the house just in time to see Melissa vanish on the path to Serendipity. "Spider," Maria said, using the web to reach him. "Your dog's off her leash again!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Alright, so I should probably head back to the hotel, get my stuff." Terrence thought as he walked. "I'll find someplace out of town that Addie can pick me up from, if I stick around somebody may-"

It was at that moment that Terrence saw Ladybug had followed him, and was looking at him expectantly. "Shit, she didn't lose sight of me? That never happens! Now what?"

The boy glanced at the child, smiling nervously. "Um, didja need something?"

Celegwen

Lizzie flashed him a wide smile. "Wanna play with me?" She asked eagerly. "Ant is busy right now. I wanna play!"

"Lizzie." She heard Teryn's voice in her head. "Lizzie, we have to go. Come back."

The little girl huffed and folded her arms with a pout. "Never mind, Gnat," she grumbled. "Spider is calling me back. See ya later!" She waved and turned around, skipping back towards Teryn.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence's eyes widened as the girl asked to play with him. "Hide and go seek. I'll tell her to hide, then leave." Just as the boy opened his mouth to suggest this, Ladybug dropped a bombshell on him.

"He's calling her back? So... That must mean he's a telepath! That's huge!" His smile faded. "Or he's watching me right now. Either way, I gotta disappear."

He waved at the girl as he left. "See you later, alligator!" As soon as the girl was far enough away, Terrence began to run back to his hotel. Upon getting there, he immediately began to pack the few belongings he had brought. "If I stay any longer, this will get hairy."

Celegwen

"Tazzy," Lizzie chirped with a smile, "I met Gnat! You didn't tell me you brought someone new in!"

The man frowned slightly. "I didn't?" He asked. "I'm sorry! I forgot to tell you! Come on. We can talk at home." He helped Lizzie back onto the horse, then swung up behind her. "Hold on," he said to her, whipping the horse around. He held her against him with the reins in his free hand, while she gripped the horn of the saddle tightly.

It was just a few minutes' trip on horseback to his house, so they arrived pretty quickly. They were greeted by several members of the Silence outside of his house. Jezebel, GG, and Maria were obviously there, but Goldie and Philip had since joined them. When Melissa went off on her own, everyone knew that it was a major problem.

Teryn dismounted, bringing Lizzie down next. They walked over to the group, who all wore worried expressions. "GG," Teryn started in a whispered, "take Lizzie upstairs and find out who this Gnat person is. Don't use your power. I didn't bring anyone new in, and if someone's just randomly claiming to be part of us now, I don't think it's a coincidence." GG nodded, taking Lizzie's hand and going inside. "Melissa's gone," Teryn said to the others. "Everyone knows what shitstorm rolled in last time she went off on her own. We can't have that again. Maria, talk to people: try to find out if anyone has seen her. Philip, take one of the horses and follow her trail. She should be heading towards Serendipity. Goldie, I need you in the air. Use Blex and give me a bird's eye view. We have to cut this off before it starts."

They fanned out, and Jezebel looked at Teryn. "What're you going to do?" She asked.

"I'm writing to Vivianne," Teryn said, walking inside. "If anyone has a chance of stopping Melissa and keeping Eckhart alive, it would be her."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence hurriedly walked out the hotel door and into the street, a small rucksack slung over his shoulder. "A carriage! I need a carriage!" the boy thought in a pseudo-panic. "If Spider knows I exist, then I need to get out of his range before he starts reading my thoughts!"

The boy walked down the street, looking desperately for somebody to take him out of the city. "The carriages are all likely to be near the edge of town." he thought as a woman on horseback rushed past him. "That's where I need to be."

Celegwen

Philip leapt onto the fastest horse in Teryn's possession. He wasn't the most skilled horseman, but he knew that he would be able to chase Melissa down. What happened once he caught up to her was a question he was afraid to have answered.

Goldie and Blex soared in the sky, the girl watching for any sign of the assassin. Again, she really didn't know what would happen. She was no match for Melissa in a fight, and the woman had no fear of death, so she was virtually unstoppable.

Maria came to a dead end every time she asked someone. No one had seen her. She was starting to worry they wouldn't be able to stop her in time.

GG and Lizzie sat upstairs, and the young man questioned Lizzie about Gnat to no avail. "How about we draw, squirt?" He asked her, pulling out parchment and ink. "Can you draw me a picture of him?" She eagerly accepted, so they drew together for a little bit. Her drawing wasn't perfect, but it was a decent replication. Unfortunately, the imposter looked like ninety percent of the population. Another dead end.

"Hildegarde is tied to this," Teryn said to Jezebel, as he handed the sealed letter to a messenger. "It's no accident, and I intend to figure out just what she knows."

Jezebel huffed. "How? She's in Zantaric."

"That's true, but she doesn't know who I have in my back pocket. I already webbed one of her little minions. Soon, I'll have another. Plus, Shards will help me out if I need her to. I trust her."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Another horse galloped past Terrence as the boy made his way to the edge of town. Terrence actually turned his head to look at this one- the speed at which it was running was unusual, considering where they were. "What's that all about?" he thought as he watched them pass. "You're gonna run somebody ever like that, man."

The boy shook his head, and continued walking. "It doesn't matter." he told himself. "It has nothing to do with me."

Celegwen

Melissa noticed the echoed hoofbeats of another horse in pursuit of her own. She turned back to see Teryn's white stallion with who only could have been Philip riding. He always was a shaky rider. Unfortunately, his horse was faster than hers.

Reaching into her pouch, she took out one of her stones. A small breath gave the stone a significant charge, and she hurled it back at him.

The explosion was massive and close to her pursuers. It would likely have even been seen from town. Philip and the horse were blown backward. The horse landed on the man's leg, and Philip cried out suddenly. Luckily, neither were killed. Unluckily, Melissa continued on with only Goldie to chase her down.

Philip stood with support from the horse, but he couldn't remount easily. Any pressure on his left leg was like he was being ripped apart. Favoring his right leg, he jumped up and clumsily pulled himself onto the horse's saddle. Riding at a much slower pace, the man started back to Teryn's house. Anyone who saw him could read the absolute agony on his face.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

*BOOM*

Startled, Terrence looked over his shoulder. He couldn't see what had happened, but smoke was beginning to rise in the distance. Other passersby were beginning to get worried as well, and a few guards began to rush in the direction the noise had come from. Eyes wide, Terrence continued down the road. "It's nothing to do with me. I can't let myself get-"

The horseback rider from before passed him again, this time at a much slower pace. His clothes were singed, and his face made it clear that he was in pain. "His face..." 

Terrence pulled the wanted posters out of jacket pocket. Sure enough, the man on the horse was Phillip Silver- "Grasshopper", as Ladybug had called him. "Never mind," the boy thought as he began to follow the horse. "This does concern me..."

Celegwen

Philip made it back to Teryn's house, groaning slightly with each step the horse took. By the time he reached the house, his face was ghostly. GG, Jezebel, and Teryn all raced outside to greet him. "Philip," Teryn said urgently, "what happened?"

"Not the time," Jezebel snapped. She walked around the horse, as GG took hold of the reins. Lightly touching his left leg, Jezebel removed her hand with a grimace. "His leg's broken."

"How do you know?" Teryn asked.

She glared at him. "Because part of his bone is sticking out from his leg, Teryn. Do I need a degree to diagnose that?"

Teryn pursed his lips, helping Jezebel to get Philip off of the horse. "GG, take the horse. Get Master Ariel. If you see Maria, tell her to come back." GG leapt onto the horse and instantly disappeared toward town, while Teryn and Jezebel went inside to try and contain the bleeding from his calf wound.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It isn't easy to follow a horse inconspicuously- even at a trot they're faster than humans. Luckily, Terrence couldn't help but be inconspicuous, and he managed to keep the horse within his sights until he saw it stop at a brick house on the outskirts of town. "Shit, this is it!" the boy thought anxiously. "What street am I on?" Looking around hastily, he saw that he was on Webster Ave. Terrence blinked twice. "Wow. That's, uh, fitting."

As he slowly made his way down the street, the horse galloped away from the house once more- this time with a different rider. As he got even closer, Terrence saw a dark haired man waiting outside the house. The boy's heart began to race. He couldn't put his finger on why, but the man gave him a strange sense of dread. "That's it! I found their hive, now I'm done!" 

The boy walked on the sidewalk, past the the house. If he wasn't stopped, he would keep walking untill the house was well out of sight.

Celegwen

It only took a few minutes for the white horse to come back into view, followed by a chestnut horse with a pump, older man in the saddle. Teryn stepped forward, as Master Ariel dismounted. GG took Maria's hand from around his back and helped her off the horse before he swung down. She raced inside, then the older man took his satchel followed. GG took both horses around back to brush them down, and Teryn followed the others into the house.

"Philip!" Maria cried, crouching next to him. He was lying on Jezebel's lap near the fire, while she ran her fingers through his sweat-drenched hair.

Master Ariel looked at Teryn. "The boy told me it was a horse accident?" He asked, to which Teryn gave a brief nod. The less the man knew, the safer he'd be. He knelt next to Philip, mixing a few herbs together into a yellow cream. Unwrapping the makeshift bandage Jezebel had applied, Master Ariel frowned. The bone stuck out of the man's leg, worse than the healer had ever seen.

Teryn came back with a bottle of whiskey, giving it to Philip, who took a large drink. He knew from Master Ariel's face what needed to be done, so he took a thin block of wood and touched Jezebel's shoulder. "Get Lizzie out of the house," he whispered. Teryn switched spots with the woman, and Maria looked away squeamishly. As soon as Jezebel and Lizzie left, Teryn looked at the man lying on his lap. "Philip, this is going to hurt like nothing you've ever felt, but you're going to be fine."

The older man took a razor-sharp knife and easily cut away excess skin. Philip winced, but it wasn't too bad. "Open your mouth, son," Master Ariel said, frowning and putting on his gloves.

Philip took another drink, then opened his mouth. Teryn placed the block in his mouth, and Philip closed his mouth on it. Master Ariel put one hand under Philip's leg and the other on the bone. In a swift movement...

*SNAP!*

Philip bit down and screamed, but passed out from the pain. Maria shook with her hands over her ears. Master Ariel looked at Teryn with a nod. "That's a normal reaction to the pain," he said. "Don't judge him too harshly." Teryn smiled slightly, shaking his head. Master Ariel applied the cream onto the wound and dressed it properly. "He'll be fine in a few weeks. Don't let him put too much stress on it, or he'll do permanent damage."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Terrence sighed in relief as the house disappeared from view. "Alright, that was close. Now I'm going to find a carriage-"

Terrence's thoughts were interrupted by a low growl coming from his stomach. The boy frowned- he hadn't eaten breakfast that morning. "Ok. Brunch, then carriage."

Luckily, there was a small diner nearby. A small bell jingled as Terrence entered the building- not that anybody would have heard it over the chatter of the other patrons. The young spy decided to take a window seat, as he figured it'd be better if he was able to see who else was about to enter the restaurant. Settling in his seat, the boy would wait for somebody to take his order...

Celegwen

Jezebel was honestly thrilled to be out of the house for what was going to happen, but Lizzie just thought they were eating out, a treat in her eyes. Teryn's diner - one that he owned, not worked at - was nearby, and Lizzie absolutely loved it. It had the best hash browns she ever tasted.

"Jez, it's Gnat!" Lizzie said eagerly, pointing to one of the diner windows. Jezebel followed the girl's gesture, narrowing her eyes slightly to focus. Sure as hell, she saw the boy that had told her he was Eckhart.

They walked into the diner, welcomed by the bell's brief chime. Lizzie let go of Jezebel's hand and skipped over to Terrence's table. She made herself comfortable in the seat across from his, and Jezebel sat in a nearby booth to listen to them. "Teryn," she whispered, "Gnat is sitting at your diner and talking to your daughter. I suggest you listen in with me."

"I'll listen in with Lizzie," Teryn said, switching to listen through Lizzie's ears.

"Hi, Gnat," the girl said excitedly. "I like it here, too. You need to try the hash browns."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It had been about fifteen minutes since Terrence had taken his seat, and a waiter still hadn't shown up to take his order. He stared at the table blankly. "Nobody's going to show up, they don't even know I'm here." the boy thought sadly. "Man, I hate restaurants..." Deciding to find a waiter and call them over, Terrence looked up to see Ladybug's smiling face staring at him.

"Shit!"

"Oh, um, hello again!" Terrence said, eyes wide. "I was planning on getting the flapjacks, I'm not really into potatoes..." Terrence forced his shoulders to relax. "Did you come here by yourself? The city can be dangerous for kids your age, you know. Lotta creeps out there."

Celegwen

"Tell him you are here alone, princess," Teryn's voice said in the girl's mind.

Lizzie knew better than to blurt out Teryn was talking to her at that moment. She just shifted slightly and smiled. "I'm here alone," she said convincingly. "No one will hurt me because Spider won't let them." She frowned when she realized Terrence wasn't going to take her suggestion. "But the hash browns are the best here! The flap jacks are good too, I guess."

She pouted briefly, quickly jumping up and waving a waitress over to order.

"You're lucky you picked this diner," the girl said. "I eat here for free because Spider owns it. And you can too because I like you!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Shit, shit, shit!"

"He owns it? Really?" Terrence asked, putting on a false smile. "He never told me we got free food when we joined! That's awesome! What else does he own?"

"Is Spider a telepath? She was talking about him calling her before, so maybe that's how? Or maybe he has a crystal ball, and he's watching her from it? Either way, I need to find an excuse to leave."

A waitress walked over to the table, notepad in hand. Her eyes seemed to glaze over Terrence, and she focused her gaze on Ladybug. "What can I get you, sugar?"

Celegwen

"He owns everything!" She said excitedly. "Well, I guess not everything, but a whole lot!" As soon as the waitress came over, Lizzie smiled at her. "My hash browns, please!" It was a rare occasion that she got to go out to eat, as Teryn usually wants to feed her himself. She was just extremely excited for the chance to have her hash browns again.

"Lock the doors," Teryn's voice said in the waitress' mind. "Do it quietly. That place is being locked down until I or one of my people get there." He had every employee in every establishment he owned webbed to him, so they simply thought he was telepathic. Nobody argues with the boss!

"What do you want?" Lizzie asked Terrence.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Um..." Terrence replied. "The strawberry flapjacks, please." The waitress stared blankly at him. "I said the strawberry flapjacks!" he said a bit more forcefully. The woman seemed to hear him this time, and she hurriedly walked away. Terrence's eye twitched. "Just wait, she's going to forget my order."

Not that Terrence still planned on eating there. He gave the young girl a smile. "I'll be right back, I need to attend to business." Not waiting for a response, the boy stood up and walked towards the door...

...Just in time to see the waitress locking it. "What! How?" Terrence thought, eyes wide. "Shit, I was right! Spider has gotta be a telepath! It's the only way!"

Terrence quickly walked back to his seat and sat down. "Haha, there's a line. I can wait."

"Shit! What do I do?" he thought, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up. "I'll- I'll throw her off! Tell her something she doesn't expect!" 

Terrence scratched the back of his head, grinning embarrassedly. "Um, this is a bit silly but... How long will it take before hearing the voice in my head feels normal? It's really hard to get used to..."

Tags: