Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I'm a Hero! {OPEN BUT I'M HOPING THIS COULD LOST A LONG TIME}

Started by WallyD, January 22, 2018, 01:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

It was mid day, on a dirt road in the middle of the Summer season that a young boy's life was about to change. Now if this change was good or not, you'll have to ask him. For you see, this was the day that his journey to become a great hero started.

"Excuse me! Sorry, I'm passing through! Oh, I am sorry ma'am!" A tall figure said, barely missing the plum lady carrying a basket of produce. The figure laughed softly as he pushed his helmet back up so he could see better.

The streets of the village Greenwood was bustling. Vendors were shouting and people were pushing by. It was exhilarating. William Castillo, though he prefers Billy, finally became a man. Well, a weak scrawny man who's only 15, but a man none the less. He towered over the people around him, allowing him to know where he was going. The only problem was that he forgot to watch where he was stepping.

"Watch it!" A man yelled as Billy stepped on his toe.

"Sorry!" Billy shouted, looking down, only for his helmet to fall back over his face, making him blind. Billy stumbled and felt himself fall onto the dusty street. There was crash then silence and Billy felt dread. Something told him that he didn't want to look up.

Nightsway

After a few pensive seconds, a big, bare, blue goblin foot swung rapidly towards William's dome. The light metallic plink was almost inaudible over the goblin's incoherent protestations. He couldn't have been any more than a third of William's height - even whilst jumping up and down as he now was - but the span of his ears far out-widthed the man.

"Metal man - why?!" he finally mustered, gesticulating wildly at the flattened wood, metal, and miscelleny. He heaved and shoved at William to no avail.

"What Reynard do to metal man? Why this happen?" Reynard dropped to his knees, saving as many loose parcels and strewn bottles as he could from the uninterested foot traffic. Standing with a heavy sigh, he shook his head and dropped the debris to his side.

He knocked on William's helm and cocked his head upside down in a vain hope to see inside.

"Where man go? Man help fix boat of Reynard. Or Reynard not forgive"

[OOC: I'm excited to see what part Reynard and I can play in William's origin story, but feel free to make this a passing encounter if you prefer, I wouldn't be offended :)]

WallyD

Billy felt instant regret. He didn't mean to ruin this funny looking creatures things. Quickly, he stood up, his helmet sliding off his head and crashing onto the ground. Billy's brown curls were sticking up everywhere and his red eyes darted across the ground, looking at all of the debris.

"I am so sorry sir! Here I'll help you pick this up." Billy said, fidgeting with his hands. He bent down and started to place wood pieces into his arms. "I don't have enough money for the broken items, but I can fix the, uh, boat!"

Billy stopped and looked at the goblin, his brows furrowed.

"Uh, sir? Why do you have a boat in the middle of the street?"

(OOC: No, I love it! I actually laughed out loud, although I was surprised. For a second there, I thought I miss read your message or something)

Nightsway

The funny looking creature stood arms akimbo, grinning full-beam, oblivious to the crunching of another stray bottle nearby.

"Reynard was cave goblin! Copperboye is boat of Reynard - boat help Reynard become sea goblin! We sail... We sail... But uh-oh" he paused to slide a hand over the other "boat meet sand - now Reynard turn! Now boat change... but is still boat, see? So Reynard pull." striding circles around kind Billy, he snatched up a tight tan-paper package from the dirt.

"Then boat meet metal man. Boat change." he shrugged, tearing open the package to reveal a bundle of slimy meat jerky "is okay, is still boat. Copperboye remember is boat when water meet again! Wood spongy. Metal bendy. Easy fixie for man, yah?" Reynard's wide expression relaxed into a puzzled pondering as his needle-sharp teeth sank deep into the jerky.

"Metal man is man of metal." he gestured, swishing globs of jerky goop to the left and right "Why man change metal this way? Who metal man called without metal?"

WallyD

Billy wrinkled his nose at the goo but tried to stay polite. He didn't know if he could fix it back into a boat, but he could possibly make it into a small wagon? Despite crushing the small object, most of the wood was still good. After trimming the wood and hammering in nails, it should work again. Billy smiled, still holding the pile of wood in his arms. Reynard was actually quite funny and this mad Billy like him even more.

"I'm a hero!" he said, putting his hands on his hips. "My name is William. But, uh, you can call me Billy." The kid blushed a bit, embarrassment swept over him. That was the first time Billy called himself a hero and he kinda liked it.

Nightsway

"Billy is hero..?" Reynard hungrily polished off the food from his fingers and clambered onto Billy, inspecting the facets of his armour, sniffing and staring "Goblin find hero in cave sometimes. They come. Bad hero. Reynard eye big though, he see" he paused, jumping back down onto the street "Billy not cave hero."

Reynard beamed once more "Billy is Hero!"

"When boat bits change to land boat*, we go. Reynard reward this hero quest with..." he looked around the remainder of his possessions, searching for inspiration "...Reynard!" He scampered back up Billy's armour and got a closer look at him through his wild curls and shyness. "We start with man of potion, yah? Hero Billy has face of red..!" he whispered, in concern for what he naively assumed must be a strange affliction of non-goblin folk.

[ * OOC: A small wagon is a wonderful idea! Absolutely do it :D ]

WallyD

Billy stayed still as the blue goblin clambered around him. The talk of a bad hero caught Billy's attention. Theres no way a hero could be bad. Maybe it was a villain pretending or something like that. Billy blinked at Reynard.

"Red face? You mean blushing, thats normal for most people." Billy said, trying to reassure Reynard. He then paused and spoke again.

"What do you mean Reynard will be my reward?" he asked a bit confused, bringing back the previous conversation. As soon as the question left his mouth, he knew what the little creature was talking about. "Like an companion! And what's a man potion? Does it make me stronger? Are you wizard?" Billy asked rapidly.

Nightsway

Reynard laughed softly as he rearranged himself onto Billy's shoulder, comforted by the Hero's excitement and insight.

"Companion of Hero, yah! Reynard learn more about Most People from Billy. Maybe one day Reynard blush of face too" he scratched his head and looked to the clouds before turning his attention back to the hero "Wizard mean... man of tricks, yah? Then Reynard learn tricks too - maybe man of potion know how-"

He stopped in realisation "Man potion..? Ohh!" he scratched a knee and wiggled his legs in relaxation "How man say... Potion man? He is man of potion. Reynard hear of man who make potion, see?" he let out a gentle gasp "Reynard think maybe man like Billy say - Wizard!" he pulled a tattered piece of paper from out of his water-worn leather jacket

"Paper say 'Come one, come all! To Mara..." he squinted "... Ma-ra-da-chi-o's Parlor of Potions. Cure thy ails and bolster thy strength!' Does Billy know of Parlor of Maradachio?" he handed the sheet over to Billy, appealing to his superior wisdom of man-speak and local knowledge.

WallyD

Billy shifted the wood into one arm and took hold of the paper. It was nice looking. The paper was a bit yellow, the edges had dirt of them. The font was large and the ends had nice curves. There was a picture of what Billy assumed was a potion, at the top near a long word.

Billy placed the paper into his other hand and with his free on, held onto Reynard's leg. He then stood up, making sure his new friend did not fall off. Billy cleared his throat and looked up at Reynard.

"Actually. I can't read. Also, I don't live here, so I don't know where this is." Billy said, smiling sheepishly. "But, uh, we could ask around. If you have the paper and the place exists, then someone must know where it is."

Nightsway

"ooh!" The goblin lit up with excitement, rocking side to side "Reynard thought maybe quest too easy. Billy make this true quest now!" he scouted around the duo, scanning the crowd from face to face in search for one with a helpful expression.

His eyes met with a humble man, whose own eyes seem to be doing a fair bit of scanning themselves. Not with any serious intention, but rather a gentle curiosity at half the pace of the bustling village around them both. Reynard smiled. The man smiled back as they nodded to one another in unison.

"The quest begins, friend hero." He pointed to the slow stranger, leaning forward into Billy's eyeline "Reynard find smile in sea of frowns. Smile tell Billy and Reynard new things, yah?"

WallyD

"Yes." Billy said, giving a quick nod. He could barely see the man with the smile, but it was no problem. Making sure to grab his helmet before leaving, Billy started forward.

This time he was more careful to not step on people. He kept his eyes darting between his feet and what was happening before him. It looked like Billy was trying to avoid a cat that kept running between his legs. Rather quick;y, Billy reached the man without causing another commotion.

"Hello sir, we need help looking for this place here." Billy said, holding out the paper to the man. "Do you know where it is?"