Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh! Hello!

Started by Celegwen, February 11, 2018, 03:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Darius released a genuine laugh, squeezing his eyes closed at the sight of her dramatic act. "Well, I mean, every family is diff-" He stopped, laughing again and shaking his head. "I'm sorry. That's ridiculous. If you have a gift, you should do everything in your power to pursue it. Besides, if you hadn't, you never would've come here." He flashed a charming smile to the young woman.

Ginger was quiet for a moment, processing what the lion had said to her. Well, she thought to herself, that wasn't the intention...

"You're good," she admitted slowly, trying to hide the grin that was spreading over her lips.

DragonSong

Faryn's eyes glinted darkly and his smirk curved up just a bit more on one side. "I know."

"I believe I'm inclined to agree with you," Reina replied to Darius with a quick, almost playful grin. "And I must admit I'm glad my brother and I managed to wear our parents down on the subject."

Celegwen

"Your brother?" Darius said, his smirk faltering for just a moment. "You didn't mention you came here with someone. Would I know your brother?"

Ginger lifted her brow at Darius, suddenly feeling defensive for Reina. She waved the feeling away, once again turning to Faryn. "You're being cocky again!" She said. "Humility's a better trait for anyone. Why don't you try it some time?"

DragonSong

"Oh, he's not here with me," Reina hurried to clarify. "He has a smallish magical gift, but he's content enough with self-study. Misha-- Mikhail was just very helpful in convincing my parents, that's all."

She tilted her head at Darius and pursed her lips a moment in thought. "I don't know if you'd have met. He attends a fair number of balls and other such events, but our estate is rather far north."

Faryn's smile never slipped. "Arrogance and awareness of one's abilities are different things. Why should I pretend to be surprised everyone tells me I am skilled in an area in which I already know that to be true?"