Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When Birds Refuse to Sing

Started by DragonSong, February 16, 2018, 12:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Ivan frowned, a cloud passing over his features. "Aye. Reckon I know 'er better than most. At least...most of who's left."

He sighed and dragged a hand down his face, glancing sidelong at Shae, who was staring at the floor, wringing her hands. "What exactly do you want to know?"

emeraldknight

Eager to figure things out, Blood Diamond opened his mouth to begin his questioning, but paused when he followed the man's glance to find Shae looking very uncomfortable. Hesitantly, he asked her, "Shae, is it alright if I ask about your past?" He prayed she'd say yes. It wasn't like he couldn't do it anyway, but it felt less like a violation of privacy if he asked first.

DragonSong

Shae nodded quickly, though she kept her eyes downcast, arms wrapped loosely around her torso. She shifted her weight rather nervously from foot to foot.

emeraldknight

Hesitantly, he continued. "Mister, um..." He paused. "Oh, my apologies, I haven't even asked your name yet."

DragonSong

"Dorran's my surname," the kennel master replied easily enough. "But just Ivan is fine, really. No need for all that "Mister" nonsense."