Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Power of Rumors [Whim]

Started by emeraldknight, February 17, 2018, 09:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emeraldknight

"Yes, yes, I'm sure, just get the ring out!" He was beginning to lose his grip on the brittle plank. He had two plans at this point, and both seemed likely to send him plunging into the gorge below. Still, if he did nothing, he'd be heading down anyway, and Bartley wasn't a man to hesitate when action was the best option. "Don't you dare drop this thing, Colby!"

Whim

"Kay." Colby replied, a million thoughts and worries and half-baked aspirations of heroism fighting for center stage in his mind's eyes. The boy crept forward, reaching down into Bartley's bag. His fingers probed past all manner of curious trinkets he would've LOVED to get his hands on. One felt like a bottle that was most surely a shapechanging potion, and a spy glass that could surely see ghosts or find treasure! But he had a job to do. He had to focus. Sure enough he felt something small, warm, and metallic... and fished it out. It was Bartley's smoking, brass ring.

The boy moved to put it on, almost instinctively, but stopped. "So I just give it to you?" he balled his fist around the ring and held it out to Bartley with some hesitation. Meanwhile the bridge began to sway in the wind... and the rush of water down below seemed to grow louder.

(OOC: Sorry for the delay. I was on vacation. Hope I didn't preempt anything about the contents of the bag)
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic