Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A magical Railway?

Started by Whinaut, February 22, 2018, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whinaut

I was thinking about making a magical train that runs from Hyoite to Essyrn carrying everyone from wealthy nobles, to powerful politicians, to regular old bums (with different cars of course) with stations in each region's major city. It could also carry valuable cargo, livestock, and supplies all around Le'raana.  (I know that this doesn't fit the time period, but that's fine right? ;) I really don't have any reason to make this but I must have some kind of Loco Motive)

This is just an interest thread to see if anybody has any ideas for how I could go about doing this; Should this be a guild? Would anybody be interested in having threads aboard the train or inside any of the regional stations? I plan on creating a conductor, but if anybody wants to play a crewman that's fine with me.

Wrathwyrm

They are a long way away from creating transport like that here, fantasy or otherwise.  There's nothing even magically like an engine here.  Magic flying boats are more likely, at this point, since that would just be magic to make a ship fly instead of being bound at sea.  Railways are complex and far too nuanced to be just around the corner.  I respect your imagination, but I can't say this place is ready for that.

Celegwen

I have to side with Wrathwyrm on this one. Like, they've just started using guns (at a relatively primitive level) and that's only - legally - in one place. Pretty sure a railway, magically powered or not, would be pushing the lore and the society a bit too much. Great idea, by the way! Not bashing that, but I don't think the world is quite there yet.

If you want to take Wrathwyrm's input and do a magically flying ship, that could be more workable.

Tags: