Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wants & Limits: Yeti

Started by Yeti, August 19, 2018, 04:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

I. WANTS

|| What are you favorite kinds of plots and/or relationships to play?
Everything under the sun, friend-o. Be it suspense, a heist, or humoring some poor chap, it's fair to say I'll probably like it. I think being open to new things is critical to making memorable roleplay encounters, so pull out your mad scientist coats and throw me your worst. My absolute favorite relationship is probably superhero and sidekick. Either role is fine. I like that dynamic of having a mentor who shapes the skills and personality of their ward. Yet romance, friendships and enemies are always welcome!

|| What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Hard to say. It's more the type of playing style than an actual plot. I'm not a fan of being a DM or having a DM take over the entire environment and story. Once in awhile it's harmless but when that's all somebody ever writes, I get this sense that I'm just a player character in one big, play-by-post D&D campaign. Or a footnote in somebody else's book. That's not bad if I know what's coming, but here? No thanks.

|| What are you favorite character types to play?
Various.

|| Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Leaning towards pantser. I like a prompt to start with; A solid location, general idea of what's going on, who I'm interacting with, maybe the desired relationship my partner wants if it's so imperative. But the freedom of not knowing where the story is going? Priceless.

|| How do you feel about group threads?
I prefer 1x1 or 1x2-5. Big groups are okay, just needs a post order to keep everybody in check.

|| How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
A couple times a day, depending on muse and the size of the post. I'd wait a day or two before nudging. As I'm in college, there'll be times where I'm unavailable. You can expect me to shoot you a PM about this if it's really rough though. And still, I'll try to make some time.

|| What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Without notification? Three days. With notification? However long that person needs, within reason. Don't ask me to wait a year.

|| How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Is good.

|| How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
Eh. I haven't done that before so I can't really tell you. I don't think it will happen with my slow writing ways and all.

|| What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Anything except one-liners. I tend to match my potential future partner's post length. I always write third-person POV.

|| Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Getting into tricky situations that require some thought on how to proceed. Being in peril with actual consequences looming over their fate should they fail. Strange locations with stranger locals. Playing creatures with alien morals interacting with curious people. That little sliver of foreshadowing before the ball truly drops on our characters. Beautiful beasts and ugly beauties. Dynamism.

|| Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Insta-romance. Really obvious kinks being displayed in open, public threads. One-liners. The very average edgelord vampire guy, as written by somebody who just discovered Anne Rice. And that's pretty much bottom of the barrel. I don't tussle with people, even the above.

II. LIMITS

|| What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I don't like it. Would you like to be the recipient of a hundred punches, shin-kicks and kunai to the chest? Look no further than one experience I had in a Naruto forum when I was just starting out. I cannot condone both of these as good roleplay etiquette and so I refuse to let powerplayed attacks or godmoding actions land. I will ignore it and pretend it never actually happened.

|| What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
Organic is my preferred way to write relationships. Chemistry is the best part of writing with a partner. If our characters get involved with one another in the span of a day, I'm not sure what kind of mentality it takes to be swooned so quickly. Only deities can afford such unimaginable charisma.

|| What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Pretty much comfortable acting out anything in rp. I'd prefer fading to black with sex & sexual assault. Or at least have the thread properly tagged, along with my consent. I'd ask you before writing that subject and I expect the same level of consideration.

|| What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
I can roleplay a pregnant character no problem, but birth scenes should refer to the above point.

|| What about healing?
The larger the impact, the more I'd consider asking beforehand. It's like powerplaying. You 'attempt' the action and I will write its effect.

||What about characters being transformed against their will?
See the above!

|| Anything else?
You're a lovely person! Let's go wreak some havoc together.