Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

By The Light Of Day (Yeti!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, August 24, 2018, 06:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari's fist met it's mark, and the beast let out a horrible, fiery shriek. Screaming angrily, she aimed a claw at the boy's abdomen. The chosen one moved to dodge, but a searing pain and the sight of red meant he hadn't been fast enough.

Gritting his teeth to ignore the pain, and praying that the gash wasn't too deep, Tsijiari kicked at the monster's legs in an attempt to kock her off her feet.

Yeti

Due to her clumsier movement, the gash was shallow, though who knew how deadly that small a cut could be in a wild, swampy environment. Gasira regained her footing just as the kid began kicking. She sprung to the side, just missing his feet, and whipped her tail in one smooth motion low to the ground, attempting to trip up the child instead.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

The creature had regained it's balance, jumping out of the way before Tsijiari's kick could land. As it's tail lashed toward's the boy's feet, the chosen one didn't move out of the way- insead, he moved to stomp on it.

Yeti

Gasira hissed as the boy stomped on her tail! It was pinned under his foot now, and she scrambled to rush forward and push him off, wincing at the pain blossoming over the appendage.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari saw his chance and siezed it. Snatching another numbing dart from his sheath, he would attempt to pierce the creature's other arm with it while she was struggling to break free..

Yeti

Reaction time was too late; The boy stung her with another one of those little dart things! Gasira staggered backwards, her arm already losing feeling even as she recoiled. Soon it would join her other arm, swinging limp at her side, that strange rush of pins and needles exploding into numbness all too quickly.

The crystal dropped to the ground, rolling into the bush.

"You officially suck. If you didn't before, you do now." Gasira growled, "Fine. I don't need 'em anyway!"

Now she aimed to kick the boy with blade like talons, obviously not learning from her mistake the first or second time.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari's eyes lit up- his attack connected! He let out an excited laugh, heart racing as he saw the crystal fall to the ground. In an instant he had dived down towards the brush, singlemindedly trying to snatch it...

A sharp pain in his calf caused him to cry out, stumbling to his knees. Looking down, he could see the gash left by the woman's feet was much worse than the one he'd obtained before. Blood ran down his leg, drips of red staining the forest floor. He turned his head to glare at the scaled woman. "Why won't you quit-stop! I'm trying to doom-save you!"

Yeti

Gasira stood over the boy, limp limbs swaying, her expression a coil of anger about to spring into action. It seemed the kick had done its job, a fresh scratch on the kid's calf giving her a little satisfaction.

"You aren't doing anything helpful sticking around here!" She snaked over, wary of him darting her again. "How many times have I told you to go?"

Her throat was starting to glow that sickly green again. Not a good sign.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"Uh-oh."

Tsijiari tried to get out of the way, but his injured leg didn't want to   move. His eyes darted about, before settling on a rock the size of his fist. In a singe motion he grabbed it and flung it at the beastwoman't throat, silently praying it'd stop her from incinerating him...

Yeti

"Urk!"

The rock struck Gasira right where the kid had wanted it to go. A few green embers sputtered out of her mouth, the world's most disappointing fireballs. She coughed smoke, basically having swallowed her own flames back down instead of up. Probably felt like choking on your own saliva, if your spit was made of ghost peppers.

It had distracted her though, at least for a moment.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari saw his chance, and took it. Summoning all of his willpower, the boy scrambled to the side, leg throbbing in pain as he did so. Eyes narrowed in concentration (and pain), the chosen one pulled a dart from his quiver- his last one. "One last aim-shot..." he thought, breathing sharp. "Want-need it to count..."

Lifting his blowgun to his mouth, the boy aimed his shot at the beast-woman's leg...

Yeti

A sharp sting hit Gasira's leg, the one which she'd been leaning her weight on. She was too busy coughing a lung when suddenly the world dropped downwards and she was for some reason now lying on the ground. Unable to feel her right leg, it didn't take a rocket scientist to understand what'd just happened.

Her face in the dirt, all that could be heard was her muffled scream.

Gasira slowly raised her head, mustering all her efforts into unleashing as much hell in her glare as possible at the kid across from her. She started to speak but had to clear her throat a little more, top set of eyes watering a touch.

"How the hell did a kid... freaking beat me?"

She tried to scramble forwards with her good leg, instead driving herself some more into the mud. Her tail couldn't support her entire weight, so it thrashed uselessly behind her as if that'd help in some meaningful way.

"I've taken down men, women, beasts and all." She continued, "Yet here we are. A kid with a stupid dart gun... Taking down a dragon! Over a-a dumb bauble!" The dramatic monologue paused. Gasira narrowed her lower set of eyes at the boy. Who she'd been referring to as "kid," "boy," and "child" this whole time.

"What's your name anyway?"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Time seemed to slow as the dart flew it's course. Tsijari's mind raced, trying to formulate a backup plan should the shot miss. The boy took a step back, stumbling slightly on his injured leg...

And then, after what seemed like an eternity, the dart hit it's mark. The woman stumbled and fell into the mud, cursing. Tsijiari let out a sigh of relief, but his shoulders remained tense. 'I... I am Tsijiari... the destiny-chosen" he said, breathing ragged. He pointed at the self-proclaimed dragon triumphantly. "You cannot quick-stop me, Sun-guardian! It's my destiny to- oww!"

The boy fell onto his behind, clutching his wounded leg. The adrenaline from the fight was beginning to wear off, and the boy was finally feeling the pain. Tsijiari's eyes watered, and he struggled to bite back tears. "M-my destiny to s-save-heal the world..."

Yeti

Sun-Guardian? The nonsense this supposed 'hero' was spouting infuriated Gasira to no end. But she couldn't really do much about it except continue to slump in the mud. At least the kid -Tsijiari -was also not leaving without a good bruising. From what she could see he'd fallen on his ass, clutching his leg in pain.

That'll teach ya, Gasira thought. Of course her own wounds were aching. Her snout wrinkled, her stomach still sore from being sucker-punched earlier.

"Yeah yeah sure it is." She rolled her eyes, "And I'm Queen of Kishahn."

She realized he might take that seriously and shook her head, "Look kid, you've got this wrong. I am not a Sun-Guardian. You just walked into my home turf and tried to steal my shit. You're not saving the world here. I have a bunch of crystals just like this laying around probably..."

"Ugh. I even told you to leave! Most people don't even get that honor!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

The dragon was monologuing something, but Tsijiari was too injured to give her his full attention. The chosen one's eyes watered as he scanned the area for something, anything he could use to stem the blood flowing from his leg. Spotting a bush nearby with large leaves, the boy crawled towards it hastily, plucking on off it's branch once he'd reached it. Tying the leaf to his leg like a makeshift bandage, he took a deep breath. He'd likely be limping for a few days, but that was a fair price to pay in order to obtain one of the sun-stones.

Suddenly, the beastwoman's words registered in the boy's head. "Wait, you guard-own the other fifteen crystals too?" he said, cutting her off. "Take me to them! I pass-beat your trial, so you have to!"

Yeti

"You didn't listen to anything I just said, did you?" Her lips curled into a hateful smile.

With some effort, the half-dragon turned limp noodle wrestled herself on to her side, using her dead arm and tail like a prop to keep her from smacking face-first into the mud again. She could see Tsijiari, his leg wrapped in green. The kid was crafty, she had to admit, fashioning a bandage like that. No way she'd actually tell him of course. The boy's already inflated ego would probably skyrocket.

"Not like I could show you my hoard anyway," She growled, "You made my body all weird and stuff! With that poison or whatever it was. You should have thought about it before you shot me with a bunch of darts!"

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari frowned, his nose wrinkling. "You think-feel that's an excuse?" he said, struggling to stand on his feet. It hurt like nothing the boy had experienced before, but he managed to limp a few steps towards the dragon. "I will lift-carry you."

Yeti

Teasing, Gasira chided Tsijiari. "Oh right. A tiny kid like you going to lift somebody like me? I am twice your size."

The serious look on his face made her pause. She considered that the boy might just in fact try it. The idea of some human grabbing her and lifting her, much less a kid, wriggled worms in her gut. "No no no. You're not picking me up. I can figure it out. Don't even try it!" The desperation in her voice growing, she was trying very hard now to move like a snake, tail thrashing.

It wasn't doing much.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari looked on as the dragon thrashed about, a blank expression on his face. After a few seconds of her decidedly not figuring it out, the boy snorted in laughter. "Yeah, okay. That's going to help-work."

Limping forwards, the chosen one would pick up Gasira as if to give her a piggyback ride. "High-up you go!"

Yeti

"No no no!!!"

Her thrashing seemed to be even more violent when the boy picked her up, her long tail smacking against the ground in a vain attempt to pry him off of her. The mere action of grabbing her set off a burst of energy, struggling to get out of his grip, whatever way she could. It was evident that Gasira was not used to being picked up, and even if she had been, did not like it.

Also the hissing noises resulted in the experience being like picking up a pissed-off crocodile. Her scaly skin would not be pleasant to touch, especially slaked over with wet mud and frog eggs. This was not pleasant for either of them.

"Ugh... I don't even know how you're able to do this. I would kill you on the spot if I wasn't paralyzed right now." She pouted. The boy had not looked that strong.