Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Limits and Wants of a Heart Aflame

Started by HeartOfFlame, August 25, 2018, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeartOfFlame

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? Mmmmmmm. I love a plot with a point, and I'm a sucker for relationships developing from enemies to grudging partners to friends etc. I'm all about that angst and suffering, too, though, but in most cases I feel like that's half the fun. I like to let the relationships grow naturally, rather than decide this person will be friends/lovers with this person way back and then forcing it to happen. Much better to let 'em grow of their own accord, I feel.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play? Mm. Not a big fan of plots that go nowhere and super controlling/dumpster fire relationships do nothing for me. Generally I think I'm pretty cruisy, but I'm not terribly GOOD at writing romance, so, there's that.

What are your favorite character types to play? Okay asking the tough questions now. I'll admit I have a soft spot for the damaged ones. Anything jagged of broken, haunted or abused, guilty or ashamed, selfless or sacrificial...I WANTS

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised? To a certain degree, both? I like to have a rough plan of where I'm going and what I want, plus an end goal, but I'm happy to catch any curveballs as well as I can, so long as my partner doesn't mind having some thrown their way too ;)

How do you feel about group threads? Hmmm. Two or three people is probably my limit? I've played with a group of four (including myself) and that was almost too much for me to keep up with and include everybody, so I like to keep it chill, keep it relaxed, and try and cover what everybody wants a plot to entail.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post? Usually I can reply a couple of times a day, though I might have odd days where I don't get on at all, and others where I can volley, so it's a toss up really. I'd say two or three days is probably a reasonable time to wait before nudging me, but anyone can feel free to poke me at any time if I'm taking a little while to reply; I don't bite!

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread? Generally I'm pretty patient so, if I don't get warning/an explanation a month/slightly more is probably as long as I'm willing to wait before I move on? But if you tell me what's going on/why you can't reply/just that you'll be busy for a little while I'll wait as long as you need :)

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?I can definitely do that

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP? Heck yes

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything? Generally I prefer long posts, so long as they don't move/assume anything about my character. I'm quite possessive and dun like other peeps powerplaying/godmoding my charas. Nothing personal, I promise, just a bad experience in the past.

Any RP styles/habits that you love? Mmmm. I love getting in the character's headspace and really attacking a scene from their emotional and psychological POV, but, really, I love pretty much all styles, so long as the posts are clear and easy to read/make sense.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid? Really the only thing I try to stay away from is powerplaying/other people moving/speaking for/etc my characters. Like I said I'm very possessive and would never dream of doing that with someone else's character, so, yea. The only other thing I would say I dislike is rapidly changing the plot course without discussing it with your partner(s). I've had this happen before and it was very hurtful and confusing for both parties. Communication is always better than assumption :)

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding? I think I covered that in the previous section, but just to clarify, please don't.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations? Generally I'm pretty chill with it? I won't go out of my way to create a romantic relationship, but if I feel a connection has grown in that sense I'll try to nurture it/let it grow. On the subject, I'm not really a fan of relationships with big age differences or any kind of romance where one party is being forced into it/abused/etc. I'm also not that keen on super possessive relationships or argumentative ones? Like I understand couples fight but that old cliche of the guy wanting to protect the girl and the girl getting angry about it is SO old. Of COURSE he wants to protect her, he loves her, right? But so long as he's not smothering/telling her she absolutely no way cannot do something and he'll lock her in a tower if she tries, I don't see the big problem.

Okay that got long, but you get my point.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level? Okay so violence is fun and we should all stab our characters at least once. Sexual content is...icky, and I am nowhere near comfortable writing it. Implying it, fading to black after a kiss, sure, but no more. NOPE. Aside from that, yea, I'm pretty much good with anything.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots? I'm pretty okay with it, so long as it's not, like...weird.... O_o

What about healing? It depends? Like if my character was going to DIE without it, like, for realsies, than yes. Otherwise, I prefer to play it out and see what happens. Obviously if there is, like, a healer RIGHT THERE I'll get 'em some heals if possible, but basically I guess it's best just to ask first?

What about characters being transformed against their will? Basically the same as healing? It depends on the situation and the character so, yea, just ask me first and give me a chance to escape/pull out/wave my voodoo doll and save my character :)

Anything else?
I will crush their hearts one way or another :D