Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Worldwander's wants and limits

Started by Worldwander10101, September 06, 2018, 02:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worldwander10101

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Plots-
Gritty adventure, small scene banter, long dark teatimes for the soul, tragedy and comedy, romance, action, suspense, horror, Espionage & Intrigue. See also I love stories.
Relationships-
Best of bros/baddest girls in town, star-crossed lovers and smoldering lovemakers, abusive monsters and controlling sadists. Give me a hook that fits the character. I would love to explore something new to portray.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Honeymoon phase lovers, romantic comedy, hero-worship, and generic tolkien derived fantasy mush.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Admittedly I have stayed too close to my self with my characters. Dark and brooding fellows that are somewhat unstable in the head, sadistic, stone-headed, and overly compassionate.
Also completely bland stereotypes that are foils for superlative and extravagant characters.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Both as needed. Pants(u)er is my strength.

How do you feel about group threads?
More the merrier as long as everyone is active enough to participate.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Pending irl work and social (rofl) life at most I can hit it 3 or 4 times a day. A nudge after 24 hours is ideal.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
About 7 days.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Sounds rad. Let's do it.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
I am okay with it if I have the time.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Anything and everything as needed.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Mindful and proofread styles, and a love for those that can roll with the punches.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
No hate, I loathe shoehorning lgbt, political, and inclusive materials that make no contribution to the plot.
Both sides suck (left and right) and this place is NOT for politics and propaganda. That trash ruined a community I loved.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
If it advances the plot I am okay with it. If it is an ego trip there will be problems.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
As above, so below. Organically grown is best, and all of the rest is fine. I love a good tale and roleplaying.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
I used to browse 8chan (was 4chan on adderall, is now right wing trash, so blegh), so take that as you will.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Sure thing. Plot first.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Sure, as long as it is not ham handed.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
Hmm...situational. Requires ooc consent.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
I don't mind errors in language. If it is really bad I will mesaage you and ask if you desire assistance, and will leave it at that if the answer is no.
I love twisting tropes and types, so expect shenanigans, and tell me if I go to far as I sometimes have issues on that front. 8)