Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet [ Draco ]

Started by SanctifiedSavage, October 15, 2018, 04:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanctifiedSavage

It was nice to get away, sometimes. The little trips that Vesd took out into the middle of, to him, literally nowhere were a nice break from civilization. The forest, though it might be full of what most considered monsters, did worry the snow elf. Not when he'd gotten to talk to some of the scariest people to walk the land. Those were what he considered monsters.

Out here? They were just animals being animals. Hungry, but not necessarily vindictive or sadistic. He could deal with that. Could ward against that. It was the intelligent assassin, the persistent hunter, that was always the problem.

The forest, generally, didn't have such a problem. Not unless someone was looking for Vesd in particular and even then, why would they look here? He had any number of homes that any number of informants might point someone to. So, in a way, the snow elf was as free as he was going to get.

He looked rightly out of place. Pale, almost ghostly white skin, short blue hair... he didn't match the forest no matter that he wore simple travelers leathers. There wasn't a bush or bramble thick enough to hide how 'bright' he was. Trailing him was a shaggy donkey laden with supplies. Some of the bags were empty, since he intended to fill them during his forest adventure.

Poisons weren't always crafted out of thin air, after all. They required ingredients and someone had to harvest them. While Vesd could've paid someone to come out here and do it, that wasn't nearly as much fun as doing it himself. Besides, he'd had the extra time and even he needed the quiet time.

Not that a forest was particularly quiet, but it was nice. Peaceful. Right up until the ground gave out from under him. Vesd cursed as he went into a pit trap. He had the grace, and presence of mind, not to break anything as he hit the ground. His donkey stopped just short of the edge and peered passively down at him.

Draconian

It was a good day for a run.

Where was he going? He had no idea. Still, running as a human was easier because of the ability to sweat and he didn't have to have his tongue out dripping everywhere and Sindri found that he was much more visually appealing when he had the skin-face on instead of the fur-face. Since he lived as human, chasing rabbits and other animals was more of a mental activity. Sure he still ran, but without teeth catching anything was difficult.

Besides, why would he want to get messy when he could purchase a perfectly roasted chicken? Sindri was clearly not a local to either Serendipity or Adela. Tall and tanned, his golden skin and snow white hair belonged to neither of the countries individually and together they probably wouldn't make what Sindri was. He bolted through the woods, heart pounding, bits of his face shifting as he ran. His eyes changed from human and golden to the stark yellow of wolf.

The sound of something large falling caught his attention and he stopped instantly, canine ears poking up and clicking to and fro to locate the sound before he took off again. It wasn't a tree but it was also nothing he had heard before. "Hello!" Sindri shouted, cupping his mouth with his hands as if to amplify the sound.

He started to run again towards the sound and panting, flushed and sweating a little he stopped short when he saw... A donkey. That would be fun to chase. Sindri licked his lips and walked towards the hole in the ground and got down onto his hands and knees because maybe if he leaned too far he'd fall down there too.

"Oh, you're pretty," Sindri stated, looking down at the person below. His ears perked up wolfy for a moment before they melted back into regular human eyes and he looked up and around for... Something... To pull the person out of. "Do you want help out?" Sindri paused and looked around, "Is this a trap? I should tell you now I can have very sharp teeth very fast and I can bite really good," Sindri threatened gently before he looked at the donkey.

"Anyway, are you okay? Here, maybe...." Sindri lowered himself down onto his belly and reached his hand in, no doubt his clothing would get dirty but they would clean and worst case scenario he'd just go back to where he was staying as Wolf, "Grab my hand and I'll help you out."

SanctifiedSavage

For a moment, Vesd simply sat at the bottom of the hole. More embarrassed by what had happened then anything, really. He understood that people hunted in the forest and this was likely meant for something other than him, but... He'd been so busy admiring the forest, the day, and the sounds of it all that he had quite literally walked into a hole. It'd be amusing if it wasn't so sad.

After a moment of self depreciation, Vesd stood and made a show of brushing himself off, though everything he wore was brown and there wasn't much of a point. He glanced up and frowned at the doe-eyed donkey that hadn't moved, and was just passively watching him. "Thank you for the warning," he chided, obviously not serious. He was just about to assess his situation and muse on a way to get himself out without really wasting too much effort on the whole thing when the donkey looked away from the hole and at something.

Hopefully not something that meant any trouble for either of them.

Since the pack mule didn't seem startled or concerned, Vesd remained where he was until a curious figure poked their head into view. A person? With furry ears that melted into... normal people ears. So. An oddity. A curiosity.  Vesd loved new and interesting things. His smile widened some when the stranger called him pretty. A bit of flattery never hurt, now did it?

"If you'd be so kind to help me out, that'd be lovely," he answered, then chuckled a little when the... non-human looking human warned him that they had sharp teeth and could bite really good. "I will do my best not to give you cause to bite me then."

He nodded some to indicate he was ok and, once the hand was extended, he just hand to crawl-jump up the wall a bit to grab ahold of it. Vesd, being the slender snow elf he was, wasn't particularly heavy but he wasn't exactly strong either. That put most of the burden on his new found friend.