Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

CrypticMeaning's Wants and Limits!

Started by CrypticMeaning, October 19, 2018, 05:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticMeaning

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I love plots with a ton of conflict and drama. Fantastical elements are a must, which is most of the reason I joined this website, and scenarios that make one think to get out of are a favourite of mine. I will do any kind of relationship, romantic or otherwise, though I tend not to play male characters.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I cannot stand slice of life. I find it boring and repetitive, and I refuse to do it.

What are your favorite character types to play?
My favourite types are the ones with the most flaws. I feel it makes them more human, and natural. I like to try and make them as three-dimensional as possible, though I'm not sure I do a good job. I also love the ones with magical abilities. Those are the most fun, in my eyes.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I love being surprised, and surprising others. I can't plan for the life of me, and would much rather have free will than be tied down to a plan.

How do you feel about group threads?
The more, the merrier!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I try to respond as often as possible, but due to motivation issues, rehearsal, and unexpected life events, I ask for about a week. I feel like that's reasonable.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Without warning, about two weeks. With warning, around a month.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
I don't have an opinion on it. If you want to, sure. If not, that too is fine.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
It sounds fun, but might not always be possible. In theory, though, I'd be willing to try it.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
I try to write at least one paragraph. I'm still fairly new to role playing, and trying to get the hang of it, but you will never see anything less than that. I like medium-length posts more than anything, as it doesn't overwhelm me, but still gives me something to work with.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I love those who cause drama, and do what they can to make the plot progress in a timely and natural manner.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I avoid incredibly short posts, and not doing anything to foreword the plot. I also hate progression that feels forced, though I'm not sure if I'm guilty of this or not.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
As long as you give me time to react, and don't control my character without my express permission, we won't have a problem. This includes giving my character the possibility of dodging an attack.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
They can't be the focus of the plot. I want there to be some substance other than just loving each other. I want the romance to be organic, but secondary.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Sex and violence, I'm okay with, though I ask that the sex is brief and you don't mind me skipping to afterwords. Sexual assault, as long as it's brief and not described in too much detail, I'm fine with. Drug use is perfectly okay, though it can't be the centre of the plot. There is one iffy area, however, and that happens to be suicide and depression. I've struggled with that for a while, and, while I won't avoid a roleplay that touches on it, it needs to be respectful, not the main point of the plot, and VERY brief.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
I'm fine with them, but I won't describe the birth process.

What about healing?
As long as it's within reason, and has some lasting bearing on the plot.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
This, I'm fine with, as long as you don't control my characters and make them transform without my consent.

Anything else?
Few things disturb me, though I'd like to keep everything within reason. I am patient, and excited, but I am also human, and have some limitations. I just ask that you respect them.