Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Doe-Eyed DumbA** [Draco!]

Started by Blink, November 14, 2018, 01:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

This always seemed to happen. Without fail Paisley never wound up doing exactly what it was she was supposed to do. Whether it be divine intervention or circumstance there was always some kind of obstacle making her days longer or tasks harder. Every pivotal moment altered by circumstance or fate. Yet another circumstance with a slight misstep as the weight of Paisley's boot caused the small twig to splinter beneath her. A circumstance that alerted the doe in her sights to skip away from the danger lurking in the foliage that concealed Paisley's form. Another meal lost, another circumstance that would lead to Paisley's stay out yet another day.

She had grown used to staying away from the Red Legion for extended periods of time. Often heading out alone to scout ahead or to bag a meal she could take back to brag about to her fellow Legionnaires. She would never be the type to sit around and wait for orders. Paisley had always been a free spirit and not even a title or role would change that about her.

As the doe disappeared in the dense wood Paisley bent down to pick up the twig that had ruined her clever hiding place. With a swift motion, she finished the job of snapping it in half before throwing it back into the dirt beneath her in frustration. Drawing in a deep breath Paisley trudged on, following the path the doe took in hopes of catching it again before the sun shed its final light for the day. She still had plenty of time and a hell of a lot of patience, or so she kept telling herself.

It wasn't long until Paisley crossed a blood trail that any other day would likely be cause for celebration. However, Paisley had never shot at the doe. There was no reason for it to be wounded unless someone or something else had tagged it in its attempt at escape. Kneeling down Paisley slid her finger across the leaf with a splatter of red. It wasn't fresh, but also more than a few hours old. The blood was cold and lacking the fresh consistency that could have possibly come from the doe that the damn twig spooked.

A few more minutes of following the trail led Paisley to yet the next circumstance in her ever-crazy life. A man, or at least what looked like one, laying on the ground and lacking that usual 'hey I'm not hurt or anything' luster you would expect to see on a healthy being. Shifting her bow on her shoulder Paisley knelt down again, reaching back to grab an arrow from her quiver. It was reasons just like this that Paisley went out on her adventures without a scarlet uniform and her Legion pin tucked safely deep inside her pack. Never know what kind of stupid you could come across in the woods. She had learned her lesson once already and wasn't about to make the same mistakes twice.

Using the arrow as an extension of her own arm Paisley poked at the man while looking him over for any signs of life. It seemed as though he was breathing, or worst case an animal had taken refuge in his abdomen and was making a dinner of his innards. Either way, something in this heap of man flesh was a living thing.

Deciding it was the safest and clearly the best course of action Paisley placed the arrow back in her quiver and reached for the water pouch at her side. Popping off the cork she held the opening over the man and proceeded to pour the water over the area she assumed was his face.

"If you're feeling this I promise I'm not pissing on you. I mean unless that makes you feel like you need to get up. Then yes, by all means, please assume I am pissing on you right at this moment. Oh and you're welcome by the way."

Probably not the most polite way to try and gauge someone's ability to react but hey, she assumed she was being polite enough just stopping to see if he was alive.